GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien

+7
SensHulk
shabbs
PKC
Amnesia021
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien

POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien  - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien  - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien  - Page 3 Vote_lcap214%POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien  - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 1 ]
POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien  - Page 3 Vote_lcap229%POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien  - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 2 ]
POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien  - Page 3 Vote_lcap243%POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien  - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 43% [ 3 ]
POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien  - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien  - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien  - Page 3 Vote_lcap214%POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien  - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Ah, got it. Ya, I agree as well. A fan crosses the line, he should get pummelled a la Domi when that Donkey came through the glass.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:
Michallica wrote:Malhotra's comments after the game:

"There's boundaries that should never be crossed. We're in our area of work," he said. "We're all for the hooting and hollering and supporting your team and saying whatever is tasteful. But as soon as you cross that line and want to become physical with a player then we have to make sure we take care of ourselves. ... We have no idea of what their intentions are."

I love how players talk outta their Donkey without seeing the replay and make blindly stupid statements. The fan didn't become physical with the player at all.

Oh and looks like Rypien was also pretty physical with the refs. Definitely 15+ games now

Not trying to be nit-picky here, but Maholtra was the closest person to the incident. Standing what looks to be no more than 4 feet from both Rypien and the fan. I would suggest that he knew EXACTLY what went on.

Rypien crossed the line, because the fan didn't really do much wrong other than probably run his mouth. I will certainly agree with Malhotra though, that if a fan crosses that physical line into the playing field...he's fair game.

The video is pretty conclusive, though. All the fan did was applaud derisively, and Rypien grabbed him. What Malhotra was saying applies to a different situation.

spader wrote:Ah, got it. Ya, I agree as well. A fan crosses the line, he should get pummelled a la Domi when that Donkey came through the glass.

Yeah. It's happened several time in football too. I've seen a clip or two of a fan getting absolutely destroyed by a linebacker in full pads. That's like being hit by a car :x

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
spader wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Michallica wrote:Malhotra's comments after the game:

"There's boundaries that should never be crossed. We're in our area of work," he said. "We're all for the hooting and hollering and supporting your team and saying whatever is tasteful. But as soon as you cross that line and want to become physical with a player then we have to make sure we take care of ourselves. ... We have no idea of what their intentions are."

I love how players talk outta their Donkey without seeing the replay and make blindly stupid statements. The fan didn't become physical with the player at all.

Oh and looks like Rypien was also pretty physical with the refs. Definitely 15+ games now

Not trying to be nit-picky here, but Maholtra was the closest person to the incident. Standing what looks to be no more than 4 feet from both Rypien and the fan. I would suggest that he knew EXACTLY what went on.

Rypien crossed the line, because the fan didn't really do much wrong other than probably run his mouth. I will certainly agree with Malhotra though, that if a fan crosses that physical line into the playing field...he's fair game.

Point is that, no matter how close Malhotra was to the incident, the fan didn't cross any lines that would give Rypien cause to become physical. Since Rypien, not the fan, crossed the line, what Malhotra said is a great example of a player talking out of his Donkey.

Agreed. I was referring to the bolded part "without seeing the replay". He didn't have to, he was standing right there. While his comments (Malhotra's) don't apply because, like has been said (including me) that the fan didn't cross the line, I agree with what he's saying, even though it's accurate for this incident.

Malhotra was referring to how fans want to cross a line and become physical then we have to take care of ourselves. To this I say he's clearly trying to deflect attention away from Rypien and make it seem that the fan was invading his zone. I don't quite get if he was right there why he would say a thing about fans getting physical. That's why I mentioned that maybe he should look at the replay before saying stupid things like '...want to become physical with a player...' line

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

and yes, he was there. If he doesn't need to look at the replay, then he is just talking out of his Donkey to protect his teammate. either way, it came off very very dumb.

And then the fan got destroyed for wanting legal representation. Dum-Dums all around Laugh1

36POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien  - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:and yes, he was there. If he doesn't need to look at the replay, then he is just talking out of his Donkey to protect his teammate. either way, it came off very very dumb.

And then the fan got destroyed for wanting legal representation. Dum-Dums all around Laugh1

How did the fan get destroyed? I'm asking seriously. I obviously missed something.

- Unknown Author

37POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien  - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: How many games for Rick Rypien Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:53 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

well destroyed in terms of reputation. Just articles written on how idiotic the guy is if his intentions are to sue Rypien or the NHL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum