GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010

+19
asq2
The Silfer Server
Hockeyhero22000
Amnesia021
Bramlet07
LeCaptain
spader
stempniaksen
SensHulk
Flo The Action
PTFlea
rooneypoo
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
sens4win
shabbs
Riprock
wprager
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Predict the outcome

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap230%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap240%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 14]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
Yep, it's setting them both up to fail. With Kuba out, tho', I'm not sure what alternatives we have. You need a big body who can play good D with Karlsson, to insulate him, and we don't have anyone after Phillips right now who can do that.

Playing our 5/6 pairing in the 3/4 spot, too, is not a good sign. OTT may need to go out and get a big body just to survive this month.

Look for Phillips and Gonchar to play 25+ minutes each tonight.

Gonchar played close to 29, didn't he? Expect more of the same.

There is always the option of bringing Gryba up to insulate Karlsson. Or even Cowen. Might be do-able with 3rd pairing minutes.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
sens4win wrote:One thing I hope happens is Michalek gets demoted to the 2nd line.

The play of the guys who are supposed to be our top 6 wingers -- especially Michalek and Kovalev -- has been appalling. I expect way more out of Michalek in particular. He hasn't been the same since that hit to the head late last fall; he's much more timid, playing safer and smaller and slower.

Is it a coincidence that both of them are coming off serious knee surgeries, though?

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Yep, it's setting them both up to fail. With Kuba out, tho', I'm not sure what alternatives we have. You need a big body who can play good D with Karlsson, to insulate him, and we don't have anyone after Phillips right now who can do that.

Playing our 5/6 pairing in the 3/4 spot, too, is not a good sign. OTT may need to go out and get a big body just to survive this month.

Look for Phillips and Gonchar to play 25+ minutes each tonight.

Gonchar played close to 29, didn't he? Expect more of the same.

There is always the option of bringing Gryba up to insulate Karlsson. Or even Cowen. Might be do-able with 3rd pairing minutes.

Gryba = another righty. Cowen makes the most sense, but I'm not sure if we can call him up the same way we can other players now that he's back in junior. I could be wrong on that, tho', but I don't think we can call him up until the end of his junior season -- maybe in an emergency capacity only.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Gonchar played close to 29, didn't he? Expect more of the same.

Cowen's unavailable for the year now unfortunately. Not that we really want to put him in this mess though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Gryba is a righty but Clouston has already crossed that line with KarLee (oh god, I can't believe I used that again; deep, deep shame).

Last edited by wprager on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
sens4win wrote:One thing I hope happens is Michalek gets demoted to the 2nd line.

The play of the guys who are supposed to be our top 6 wingers -- especially Michalek and Kovalev -- has been appalling. I expect way more out of Michalek in particular. He hasn't been the same since that hit to the head late last fall; he's much more timid, playing safer and smaller and slower.

Is it a coincidence that both of them are coming off serious knee surgeries, though?

There's that, but there's also the fact that you're supposed to be 100% when you get back. They have a better excuse than most to suck, I guess, but it's not an excuse that I'll accept for long. Clouston either, I'd think.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No, not with Winchester wearing a suit and tie in the press room and guys like Butler chomping at the bit down in Bingo.

Can you say "Conditioning stint"?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Gryba is a rightie but Clouston has already crossed that line with KarLee (oh god, I can't believe I used that again; deep, deep shame).

Well, I just don't see how replacing a bad idea with a bad idea is a solution you really need to act on, especially considering how tight cap space is right now.

Karlsson needs to play with a big, defensively-aware, left-handed D. He needs Kuba back, badly.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Are team is so issued is that a word ? Are team is not getting any younger well we wait for Cowen, Weircioch, Gryba, Lehner. I just jope we turn it around because its depressing :crossarms: I also would love to see Foligno play the way he did in the pre-season because it showed that we have a chance that one of our few young forwards is doing something with there life, this sounds a little harsh its not meant to be, just the way I worded it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Guys, it's been two games. Two bad games, true, but *two* games.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Guys, it's been two games. Two bad games, true, but *two* games.
I was talking more about the fact that and this has bothered me for a bit but are team is very old, and it kinda sucks.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:Gryba is a rightie but Clouston has already crossed that line with KarLee (oh god, I can't believe I used that again; deep, deep shame).

Well, I just don't see how replacing a bad idea with a bad idea is a solution you really need to act on, especially considering how tight cap space is right now.

Karlsson needs to play with a big, defensively-aware, left-handed D. He needs Kuba back, badly.

David Hale. Isn't this why he was brought in?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

sens4win wrote:
I was talking more about the fact that and this has bothered me for a bit but are team is very old, and it kinda sucks.

The average age on this team is like 28, I don't think that's very old. Compared to young teams like Edmonton and Carolina that are playing tons of youngsters in their lineup while they try to rebuild, yeah I guess we look old. But if you look at the average age of the competitive teams that are supposed to be challenging for deep playoff runs, we're right in the middle.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sens4win wrote:

OK, first stop saying "are team". Second, Phoenix, Anaheim, New Jersey, Calgary and Detroit are all older. True, we're in the top 20% of the oldest teams, but Detroit is the oldest (even after shedding Chelios) and it's working out pretty well for them.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
sens4win wrote:

OK, first stop saying "are team". Second, Phoenix, Anaheim, New Jersey, Calgary and Detroit are all older. True, we're in the top 20% of the oldest teams, but Detroit is the oldest (even after shedding Chelios) and it's working out pretty well for them.
our....happy? good thought so.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sens4win wrote:our....happy? good thought so.

Snoopydance HappyDance1 Snoopydance

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
sens4win wrote:our....happy? good thought so.

Snoopydance HappyDance1 Snoopydance
glad were all on the same page Nod

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

the lines for tonight
Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Fisher-Smith
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Shannon-Regin-Kovalev

that 4rth line has to prove itself i'd say. not sure kovaelv has ever been on a fourth line.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum