GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010

+19
asq2
The Silfer Server
Hockeyhero22000
Amnesia021
Bramlet07
LeCaptain
spader
stempniaksen
SensHulk
Flo The Action
PTFlea
rooneypoo
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
sens4win
shabbs
Riprock
wprager
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Predict the outcome

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap230%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap240%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

sens4win

Veteran
Veteran

Well boys cover your eyes because this one could get messy.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Smith moving to 2nd line according to Garrioch's tweet:

New look sens: Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson; Smith-Fisher-Foligno, Ruutu-Kelly-Neil and Shannon-Regin-Kovalev. Winchester looks like out.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

And the defensive pairings are what they were at the end of the game Saturday night:

Phillips/Gonchar
Campoli/Carkner
Lee/Karlsson

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Smith moving to 2nd line according to Garrioch's tweet:

New look sens: Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson; Smith-Fisher-Foligno, Ruutu-Kelly-Neil and Shannon-Regin-Kovalev. Winchester looks like out.
Thats solid, Regin didn't look good at all the past few games so putting him on the 4th line he should fit in nicely, or regain his confidence and move up to the 2nd, only time will tell. And kovalev on the 4th ? Clouston means business now.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:And the defensive pairings are what they were at the end of the game Saturday night:

Phillips/Gonchar
Campoli/Carkner
Lee/Karlsson
Freakout

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

sens4win wrote:
wprager wrote:And the defensive pairings are what they were at the end of the game Saturday night:

Phillips/Gonchar
Campoli/Carkner
Lee/Karlsson
Freakout

Kuba can't get back fast enough, despite the general indifference toward his importance to the team.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
sens4win wrote:

Phillips/Gonchar
Campoli/Carkner
Lee/Karlsson
Freakout

Kuba can't get back fast enough, despite the general indifference toward his importance to the team.
That is why I said Kuba is the missing piece to the puzzle, him and Karlsson play well together, when the other team dumps the puck on us 100's of times Kuba uses his size to get it pass it to karlsson and its out.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Back to work tomorrow boys. I'll get the next GDT prages. Great job on this one btw.

- Unknown Author

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Why does anyone care about line combinations? They change every ten minutes anyways.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Smith moving to 2nd line according to Garrioch's tweet:

Wow. A couple things here:

-- Winchester is one of the last guys I would have sat based on the last two games; he was hitting and doing his job all night
-- Shannon drawing in ONLY makes sense because of the line they'll put him on; Kovalev - Regin - Shannon has worked before in the past
-- BIG statement to Kovalev here; the way he's played, he doesn't deserve anything better than 4th line minutes, but how will he respond? if poorly, we could end up being stuck with a big $5 mil turd all year long

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

First thing this team needs to do is drop the shots against by at least 10, if we're allowing 37 per game for an extended period of time, we might have a problem.
Second order of business is to increase the shots for by at least 10, because averaging 20 isn't gonna cut it.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

sens4win wrote:

Phillips/Gonchar
Campoli/Carkner
Lee/Karlsson
Freakout

Yep, it's setting them both up to fail. With Kuba out, tho', I'm not sure what alternatives we have. You need a big body who can play good D with Karlsson, to insulate him, and we don't have anyone after Phillips right now who can do that.

Playing our 5/6 pairing in the 3/4 spot, too, is not a good sign. OTT may need to go out and get a big body just to survive this month.

Look for Phillips and Gonchar to play 25+ minutes each tonight.

Last edited by rooneypoo on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

One thing I hope happens is Michalek gets demoted to the 2nd line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

dennycrane wrote:Why does anyone care about line combinations? They change every ten minutes anyways.

True. But they impetus to the change is typically bad/unsuccessful first 40 minutes. If they start out with the right combos off the bat it's a different game.

Like that 4th line -- against a team with a shallow defense like the Caps, it might work miracles to *not* have a line whose only purpose is to crash and burn.

But I still don't get the Lee/Karlsson pairing. My guess is PhilChar will grab 29 minutes, CampKner will get 22, and KarLee will get 9.

And I'm really sorry about those name mash ups. Facepalm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

sens4win wrote:One thing I hope happens is Michalek gets demoted to the 2nd line.

The play of the guys who are supposed to be our top 6 wingers -- especially Michalek and Kovalev -- has been appalling. I expect way more out of Michalek in particular. He hasn't been the same since that hit to the head late last fall; he's much more timid, playing safer and smaller and slower.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
Yep, it's setting them both up to fail. With Kuba out, tho', I'm not sure what alternatives we have. You need a big body who can play good D with Karlsson, to insulate him, and we don't have anyone after Phillips right now who can do that.

Playing our 5/6 pairing in the 3/4 spot, too, is not a good sign. OTT may need to go out and get a big body just to survive this month.

Gonchar played close to 29, didn't he? Expect more of the same.

There is always the option of bringing Gryba up to insulate Karlsson. Or even Cowen. Might be do-able with 3rd pairing minutes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
sens4win wrote:One thing I hope happens is Michalek gets demoted to the 2nd line.

The play of the guys who are supposed to be our top 6 wingers -- especially Michalek and Kovalev -- has been appalling. I expect way more out of Michalek in particular. He hasn't been the same since that hit to the head late last fall; he's much more timid, playing safer and smaller and slower.

Is it a coincidence that both of them are coming off serious knee surgeries, though?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Gonchar played close to 29, didn't he? Expect more of the same.

There is always the option of bringing Gryba up to insulate Karlsson. Or even Cowen. Might be do-able with 3rd pairing minutes.

Gryba = another righty. Cowen makes the most sense, but I'm not sure if we can call him up the same way we can other players now that he's back in junior. I could be wrong on that, tho', but I don't think we can call him up until the end of his junior season -- maybe in an emergency capacity only.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum