GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Season GM#1: OTT @ TOR (9/21/10 @ 7pm ET)

+21
sens4win
Amnesia021
TheAvatar
Devo
Flo The Action
PKC
Hoags
strachattack
Ev
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Hobiesens
The Silfer Server
rooneypoo
SensGal
SensHulk
LeCaptain
wprager
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Riprock
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 17]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Dash wrote:Reasons for me to be excited: It's hockey, it's the Senators, it's the guys you rarely get to see, and it's on TV (TSN)!!!

Boo. TSN is SD-only for me. And, no, I'm not spending another $8.95/month to get something I should be getting for "free" in a few years anyway.

Here's a question -- when color TV shows came out, did anyone have to pay extra? No, because there was no cable back then.

It's the nature of the beast. Soon they'll be charging us for actually watching the cable we order, by the minute -- making sure to round up to the minute, of course, too.

I lost faith in humanity (whatever I had left) when they put limits and extra charges on my internet usage.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Dash wrote:Just to clarify, this game is Tuesday, and there's also a game Wednesday. Both are in Toronto, and as far as a I know right now, only Wednesday's game is televised (TSN).

So, still no word on the broadcast schedule (if any) for the pre-season Sens games, eh? TSN has two (the 22nd and 24th), but that's all I can find confirmed right now.

I would have thought that Rogers 22 would be picking up a few of these.

That I don't know. I just happened to see on TSN's website that they were televising Wednesday's game, but saw nothing else. I didn't know they were broadcasting the 24th either, bonus. And since I don't have Rogers or live in Ottawa, I do not know what Rogers 22 schedule is.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:Reasons for me to be excited: It's hockey, it's the Senators, it's the guys you rarely get to see, and it's on TV (TSN)!!!

Is it on TSN tomorrow? I searched with my PVR and only found Wednesday's game on TSN. I hope this one is on TV too, but I'm not convinced.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

senschirp is saying that sportsnet ontario is broadcasting tomorrow's game. Like him, I too am unsure if this is readily available for viewing in Ottawa

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:senschirp is saying that sportsnet ontario is broadcasting tomorrow's game. Like him, I too am unsure if this is readily available for viewing in Ottawa

I just moved to Ottawa so I don't know. But why wouldn't it be?

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

The game on Tuesday night is on Sportsnet Ontario (Toronto) and will not be seen on Sportsnet East (Ottawa).

I'm willing to bet that most Sens fans living in the Sportsnet Ontario region would love to have access to Sportsnet East and the 42 Sens games they will carry this year.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Not making the trip to Toronto for the games are...Alfredsson, Spezza, Michalek, Kovalev and Leclaire.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lots of veterans not making the trip to TO...

Alfie/Spezza/Michalek/Fisher/Kovalev/Phillips/Gonchar/Leclaire not going...

As per: http://twitter.com/ScoreOttawa/status/25039090193

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hobie beat me by seconds...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bass Destruction wrote:
Michallica wrote:senschirp is saying that sportsnet ontario is broadcasting tomorrow's game. Like him, I too am unsure if this is readily available for viewing in Ottawa

Usually, it would be a separate broadcast on SNET East with different commentators or simply blacked-out. I don't see the game on SNET East on my guide so all I can hope for is not black out.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

if you can't see it, I'm sure we can find it somewhere online

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not sure the reasoning for keeping the entire group back from these games, Alfie, Spezza and co. need to see game action, might as well play in one of the games, am I wrong?

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:

Usually, it would be a separate broadcast on SNET East with different commentators or simply blacked-out. I don't see the game on SNET East on my guide so all I can hope for is not black out.

Back in Halifax, I would get all 4 channels. Didn't have to worry about these politics. I would pay for Sportsnet, and they would give me all 4 channels. And that was Eastlink, not even Rogers cable. This is absurd to me.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not sure the reasoning for keeping the entire group back from these games, Alfie, Spezza and co. need to see game action, might as well play in one of the games, am I wrong?