GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+28
spader
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
SensGal
Phoenix30
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
The Silfer Server
Flo The Action
Hoags
CockRoche
Tuk Tuk
stempniaksen
Ev
wprager
Straight Shooter
SensGirl11
SensHulk
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
Amnesia021
cash
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
PTFlea
PKC
sens4win
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sources are saying that Ryan will be a Senator come mid-September. more to come...

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:Sources are saying that Ryan will be a Senator come mid-September. more to come...

That's 100% true ; Ryan Shannon will continue to be a senator come mid-September!

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Sources are saying that Ryan will be a Senator come mid-September. more to come...

That's 100% true ; Ryan Shannon will continue to be a senator come mid-September!

We have a mutual source, I see.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

classic Garrioch:

"They were able to see American Roger Federer a couple of times and also watched Swedish star Robin Soderling."

How are mistakes like this tolerated? does the word 'edit' mean anything to the SUN?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

hmm this wasn't mentioned anywhere, but this is a pretty good article. It's from ESPN boston and talks about how the Ilya Kovalchuk saga also affected lots of contract talks that were taking place at the time. I wonder if this happened with Phillips as well.

"WILMINGTON, Mass. -- Boston Bruins captain Zdeno Chara said Tuesday that this summer's investigation into long-term, front-loaded contracts in the NHL, notably one between Ilya Kovalchuk and the New Jersey Devils, stalled talks about extending Chara's deal.

But that doesn't mean the defenseman doesn't want to stay in Boston.

"Of course I want to stay in Boston and be a part of this team possibly for the rest of my career," the 2008-09 Norris Trophy winner said at Ristuccia Arena following the team's first captain's practice. "I enjoy being a Bruin and obviously I want to win a Cup over here."

Chara's current contract is set to expire on July 1, 2011, and while his agent Matt Keator and Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli have had preliminary talks on an extension, Chara believes the questions surrounding the Kovalchuk contract and other similar deals prevented further discussions.

"The investigations and the new rule between the NHL and NHLPA about long-term contracts kind of put everything on a pause," Chara said. "We'll see what happens. At least both sides know what the rules are, and going into the new CBA it's going to be very important to have these rules already set."

Kovalchuk's 15-year, $100 million contract with the Devils was approved by the NHL last Friday. To gain league approval, the NHL Players Association had to accept amendments to the current collective bargaining agreement that will prevent long-term contracts that circumvent the spirit of the CBA by decreasing in value in the later years, and thus lowering the salary cap hit.

The league also agreed to grandfather in contracts of Bruins center Marc Savard, Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger, Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo and Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa that had come under question following an arbiter's report in early August that upheld the league's rejection of Kovalchuk's first contract with the Devils.

Mark Stuart, the Bruins' union player rep, said that the uncertainty of those contracts helped create a standstill in many negotiations, but that the new rules will help not only Chara and other players but also the league's general managers.

"I think it was nice to get that solved and get that rule in place," Stuart said. "First of all it helps because those players know that they have a deal in place, and second it helps the GMs know what they can and can't do because it was a grey area there. It's clear cut now.

"It was fair because there wasn't really a rule in place before. The NHL and NHLPA did the right thing by talking and coming to an agreement.""

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boo. Oh well, nothing we can do about that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Boo. Oh well, nothing we can do about that.

How about we fire Muckler?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It seems as though the Bobby Ryan contract is not finalized.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts_index.php

I heard on NHL Live today that it wasn't confirmed yet.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

The new Cap Geek site looks weird...not a huge fan..

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:The new Cap Geek site looks weird...not a huge fan..

Feels like Christmas over there now.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone else hearing that the Kings Brayden Schenn is going to be out for 3-5 months because of a knee injury? Could this be what's fueling the Kings-Sens rumors that some are pushing vehemently?

Anyone familiar enough with the Kings to tell us if Schenn was a lock to make the team and pivot one of the four lines?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Anyone else hearing that the Kings Brayden Schenn is going to be out for 3-5 months because of a knee injury? Could this be what's fueling the Kings-Sens rumors that some are pushing vehemently?

Anyone familiar enough with the Kings to tell us if Schenn was a lock to make the team and pivot one of the four lines?

I don't know about lock, but he was seriously considered, considering their needs at the 2nd line center position.
But, like Hodgson, he won't be traded just because of an injury at 19. It's not like Lombardi has shown vehemently that he wants to win now...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jesus, Jason Smith charged with assault on his wife apparently.

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:Jesus, Jason Smith charged with assault on his wife apparently.

and assualted his daughter as well apparently.
Innocent until proven guilty.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Jesus, Jason Smith charged with assault on his wife apparently.

What are the chances he has dementia from all the career concussions?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Didn't see you posting this (was patiently waiting in the draft) so I just put up a new thread.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:

What are the chances he has dementia from all the career concussions?

a la Chris Benoit?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, Boston just set up an affiliate in Finland. Bye bye Ryder and Thomas, hello cap relief I think.

Sens should get in on this - and they will, I'm sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum