GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bowmeester to Toronto??

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bowmeester to Toronto?? Empty Bowmeester to Toronto?? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:01 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, it's been speculated around the internet for a while now that McCabe has indeed waived his NTC, but the question remained for whom?!

The latest post on Hockeybums by "The Source" claims that McCabe is headed for the Sunshine state, and he further speculates/hints that Bowmeester could be part of the return... Naturally, as a Sens fan, this worries me a great deal! LOL

But seriously, he goes on to speculate that the deal will look something like this:

To Florida: McCabe, Steen and a conditional pick in 2010

To Toronto: Bowmeester and another unnamed roster player.

As for the unnamed roster player, The Source claims he cannot get any details on who it could be.

Hockey fans, do you suppose Fletcher managed to pull off the oft-rumoured Home Run Deal? Or once again, are fans in for another session of smoke and mirrors?

2Bowmeester to Toronto?? Empty Re: Bowmeester to Toronto?? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:10 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

While I don't hate that deal from a Florida POV, it's a little light for Bouwmeester. I'd want something more substantial than McCabe, Steen and a conditional pick. But then...those are two nice additions to the Panthers (and one friggin massive subtraction).

3Bowmeester to Toronto?? Empty Re: Bowmeester to Toronto?? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:10 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, it's been speculated around the internet for a while now that McCabe has indeed waived his NTC, but the question remained for whom?!

The latest post on Hockeybums by "The Source" claims that McCabe is headed for the Sunshine state, and he further speculates/hints that Bowmeester could be part of the return... Naturally, as a Sens fan, this worries me a great deal! LOL

But seriously, he goes on to speculate that the deal will look something like this:

To Florida: McCabe, Steen and a conditional pick in 2010

To Toronto: Bowmeester and another unnamed roster player.

As for the unnamed roster player, The Source claims he cannot get any details on who it could be.

Hockey fans, do you suppose Fletcher managed to pull off the oft-rumoured Home Run Deal? Or once again, are fans in for another session of smoke and mirrors?

Bouwmeester for Steen, a big contract TO desperately wants to get rid of, and a conditional pick? That does not sound like nearly enough to me. Steen's got potential, but he isn't exactly labelled as a future offensive threat, and McCabe's value is at an all-time low.

Let me put it this way: if you could have that, or you could have Vermette, Meszaros, and OTT's 1st or 2nd this year, which deal would you take?

I think FLA sticks to its guns and tries all year long to resign Bouwmeester and then, come late February, if things aren't going as they had hoped, they move him at the deadline. But stranger things have happened, I suppose, so who knows.

4Bowmeester to Toronto?? Empty Re: Bowmeester to Toronto?? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You're preaching to the converted for me. I would've been the one pursuing Murray about a Vermette, Mez, Neil and 1st for Bow and roster player.

5Bowmeester to Toronto?? Empty Re: Bowmeester to Toronto?? Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:31 am

504Heater wrote:You're preaching to the converted for me. I would've been the one pursuing Murray about a Vermette, Mez, Neil and 1st for Bow and roster player.
Thats too much - Mez and Bouw are a lot more comparable than you guys are making it seem. Mez is younger and - yes - dumber, but Bouw isn't Burns...he isn't Phaneuf...he isn't "franchise"...Soon-to-be #1 (on most teams)? sure. But he is not all that and a bag of chips, girlfriend *snap snap* (just watched Aushtin Powersh)

Vermette is going nowhere, with that sexy new contract of his.
Mez is useless, without a contract.
Neil is a toss-in I'd rather keep-out.
1st is completely unnecessary and a major overpayment in a trade like that.

Unless the "roster player" is Booth or Horton (and thats definitely not happening) I'm not even close to interested.

6Bowmeester to Toronto?? Empty Re: Bowmeester to Toronto?? Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's too late anyway, as you say Vermette's contract fits our need perfectly.

The problem with J-Bo is that we don't really know what he can do yet. The Panthers are such a crappy team that we don't really know what would happen if J-Bo was QBing a real PP.

7Bowmeester to Toronto?? Empty Re: Bowmeester to Toronto?? Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:52 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I hope he goes to Toronto, because he deserves to play for a team that will be good and a Canadian team. I hope that the LEafs becoem a competitor again. Schenn and Bouwmeester will be a nasty pairing for years to come. Now all the Leafs need is Tavares.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum