GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Great Spezza Interview

+5
Hoags
wprager
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Straight Shooter
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Spezza Interview Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:30 pm

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

In the Citizen....Spezza Wants to Stay....

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Spezza+wants+stay+Senator/3299959/story.html

17Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Spezza Interview Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Straight Shooter wrote:
wprager wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:https://vr.shapeservices.com/listen.php?hash=335132651440b3246ecb1e5b7d9a6b2321343966ff9a42e31

Lots of praise from all press sources about how he handled himself in this interview. Spezza's stock just went up in NHL circles big time. Hopefully fans realize how great of a player and person he is as well.

Spezza's stock went up? Why would you say that?

Personality wise he is getting great praise from media on the way he handled himself in this interview.

That should quiet the trade speculation resulting from the sudden rise in Spezza's stock. Thank goodness.

18Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Spezza Interview Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

Me (Spezza) and Bryan have talked since then. Probably our conversation should have stayed between us, and we probably wouldn’t even be talking here today. But it happened. And it’s a reality. For me, I didn’t feel like I had to respond to anything.

Touché. Although it made for some great trade ideas here!

19Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Spezza Interview Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This Spezza love-in smells vaguely familiar.

20Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Spezza Interview Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:56 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:https://vr.shapeservices.com/listen.php?hash=335132651440b3246ecb1e5b7d9a6b2321343966ff9a42e31

Lots of praise from all press sources about how he handled himself in this interview. Spezza's stock just went up in NHL circles big time. Hopefully fans realize how great of a player and person he is as well.

Really strong interview, but he's always been really good at talking the talk, it's time for him to walk the walk. Or just put up mad points, either way.

Just don't make him laugh. His stock falls pretty quickly once the giggling starts. Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 601927

21Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Spezza Interview Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:37 pm

This is the year of Spezza:

- He's had a long off-season to rest his back
- His new daughter (and young marriage) should be enough to mature him from a boy into a man; take on responsibility
- His chemistry with Regin was amazing come the end of last season; Regin has a lot to prove
- He's got one of the best PMDs in the league feeding him the puck
- Kovalev won't retire on a statistically bad note (PP points)
- He's got a lot of people to prove wrong in this city

I think Spezza eclipses 90 points this season.

22Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Spezza Interview Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

Kovalfie wrote:This is the year of Spezza:

- His new daughter (and young marriage) should be enough to mature him from a boy into a man; take on responsibility
- His chemistry with Regin was amazing come the end of last season; Regin has a lot to prove

I would like to add one point to your reputation for this post. Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 557710

23Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Spezza Interview Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:07 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

That's not going to be enough. He had 7 points in 6 games in the playoffs and got booed. He was criticized heavily in 2007-2008 even though he put up a career-high 92 points and was 6th in league scoring (one pace to be 3rd behind OV and Malkin).

I think that he gets more than his due share of fan criticism, but it's not about his production. He got booed for the incident with Volchenkov, and deservedly so. There has to be more battle in him.

Talk is cheap.

24Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Spezza Interview Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hobiesens wrote:Me (Spezza) and Bryan have talked since then. Probably our conversation should have stayed between us, and we probably wouldn’t even be talking here today. But it happened. And it’s a reality. For me, I didn’t feel like I had to respond to anything.

I don't really want to criticize Bryan Murray - because what he's done here is excellent - but that is a direct statement from Jason Spezza to Murray saying when I tell you something, you keep it to yourself old man. Good for Spezza.

25Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Spezza Interview Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:46 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:Me (Spezza) and Bryan have talked since then. Probably our conversation should have stayed between us, and we probably wouldn’t even be talking here today. But it happened. And it’s a reality. For me, I didn’t feel like I had to respond to anything.

I don't really want to criticize Bryan Murray - because what he's done here is excellent - but that is a direct statement from Jason Spezza to Murray saying when I tell you something, you keep it to yourself old man. Good for Spezza.

I've been saying this for a while, but I really do feel when that CTV chick did the interview with Spezza, he was just frustrated cuz Murray had made some details public about the season ending discussion. Murray first said it on Team 1200 with York and Lloyd. And if I'm not mistaken, CTV globe media owns Team 1200. So there ya go Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 555492

26Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Spezza Interview Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:

As I posted earlier, this puts into question what *really* happened last summer. Heatley's camp denies being the leak, and I really can't think of a good reason for them to do so, other than to really screw the organization (that disclosure put them in a tough spot, they could not deal him before the so-called bonus payment, they had to take on Cheechoo's $6M, the return was less than stellar).

27Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Spezza Interview Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:17 pm

asq2 wrote:

That's not going to be enough. He had 7 points in 6 games in the playoffs and got booed. He was criticized heavily in 2007-2008 even though he put up a career-high 92 points and was 6th in league scoring (one pace to be 3rd behind OV and Malkin).

I think that he gets more than his due share of fan criticism, but it's not about his production. He got booed for the incident with Volchenkov, and deservedly so. There has to be more battle in him.

Talk is cheap.

He's a lot like Thornton in that regard. I dunno, if he ups his compete level and plays with a little fire under him he won't be criticized as heavily.

28Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Spezza Interview Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Straight Shooter wrote:

I would like to add one point to your reputation for this post. Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 557710

Hey I'm just stating what we all already know.

There is no reason why this team couldn't be top-five offensively in the East this year. We'll likely be letting in a lot of goals this year without Volch or Sutton but with the D we have the puck won't be in our zone for long.

29Great Spezza Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Spezza Interview Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:26 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Should be a fun year Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum