GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scary Sens Statistics

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Scary Sens Statistics Empty Scary Sens Statistics Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:30 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Alliteration acts as an amazing attention grabber.

Since 2008, the Sens have had 4 coaching changes: Bryan Murray, John Paddock*, Craig Hartsburg* and Cory Clouston*.
* All hired by Bryan Murray

Since the 2007-09 season, the Sens have seen the following players come and go:
Dany Heatley, Anotine Vermette, Wade Redden, Andrej Meszaros, Randy Robitaille, Joe Corvo, Christoph Schubert, Dean McAmmond, Cory Stillman, Mike Comrie, Mike Commodore, Alex Picard, Brendan Bell, Patrick Eaves, Luke Richardson, Jason Smith, Martin Lapointe, Brian McGrattan, Lawrence Nycholat, Martin Gerber, Ray Emery, Alex Auld [22 players, 6 drafted by Ottawa]

Of all trade deadline acquisitions since 2007, no pending free agents were re-signed:
Mice Comrie (x2), Mike Commodore, Cory Stillman, Martin Lapointe, Andy Sutton*, Matt Cullen*
* UFA's as of my writing this

2Scary Sens Statistics Empty Re: Scary Sens Statistics Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:35 pm

yep Scary Sens Statistics 484884

3Scary Sens Statistics Empty Re: Scary Sens Statistics Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:39 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Pretty big turnover for sure. And now Volchenkov will be added to that list most likely. Players from '07 cup run will be just Alfie, Fish, Spezz, Phllips, Neil, and Kelly. Assuming Spezza survives the week.

4Scary Sens Statistics Empty Re: Scary Sens Statistics Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Pretty big turnover for sure. And now Volchenkov will be added to that list most likely. Players from '07 cup run will be just Alfie, Fish, Spezz, Phllips, Neil, and Kelly. Assuming Spezza survives the week.

Thanks for bringing that up, I forgot to mention who was left as I was busy rhyming off the ones that weren't still here lol.

5Scary Sens Statistics Empty Re: Scary Sens Statistics Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:25 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Team Turnover does not mean that much though. Look at the Penguins:

Since 2007-2008 season they have lost: Petr Sykora, Ryan Malone, Ryan Whitney, Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, Jarkko Ruutu, Gary Roberts, Georges Laraque, Jeff Taffe, Darryl Sydor, Hal Gill, Marian Hossa, Rob Scuderi, Adam Hall, Mark Recchi, Ty Conklin, Danny Sabourin, Miro Satan, Phillipe Boucher and Mathieu Garon. That's 20 players of which I don't care to research how many were drafted by them.

And of the Deadline acquisitions, Bill Guerin and Pascal Dupuis were re-signed.

They've had 2 coaches.

And players who could enter free agency this year: Ruslan Fedotenko, Mark Eaton, Alexei Ponikarovsky, Jay McKee, Jordan Leopold, Brent Johnson, Bill Guerin, and Sergei Gonchar.

My point is player turnover is not necessarily a negative thing. The Penguins have done a similar upheaval, and they've won a cup. And I doubt anyone is going to say they won't be a contender anytime soon.

But the Sens have had 3 coaching changes. And one of them was because the coach was hired as GM and decided not to be coach as well. And that would be from 2006-2007. So there have been 3 coaches and 2 coaching changes. Paddock to Hartsburg, and Hartsburg to Clouston.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum