GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arnott traded to NJ

+4
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
wprager
Riprock
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Arnott traded to NJ Empty Arnott traded to NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

mirtle Big-time changes in Nashville: Captain Jason Arnott has been traded to the Devils for prospect Matt Halischuk and a second-rounder.
3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

TSN: SATURDAY JUNE 19, 2010
Team Transaction
New Jersey Acquired forward Jason Arnott from the Nashville Predators in exchange for forward Matt Halischuk and a second-round pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/transactions/

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=532100
Hoping to make another championship run before the career of their franchise goaltender ends, the New Jersey Devils have brought back a former Stanley Cup hero.

Jason Arnott, whose overtime goal in Dallas won New Jersey’s second of three Cups in 2000, was reacquired by the Devils on Saturday from the Nashville Predators in exchange for young forward Matt Halischuk and a second-round pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

In looking to get stronger at center, Devils GM Lou Lamoriello stayed in character by turning to a familiar face. Arnott, who turns 36 on Oct. 11, played parts of five seasons in New Jersey from 1997-2002, recording 97 goals and 124 assists. He had 8 goals and 20 points in the 2000 playoff run, including the double-overtime goal in Game 6 against the Stars.

The seventh pick in the 1993 draft by Edmonton, Arnott’s first game next season will be the 1,100th of his NHL career. Over 16 seasons with the Oilers, Devils, Stars and Predators, he has 383 goals and 873 points. Arnott finished last season with 19 goals and 46 points in 63 games, adding 2 goals in Nashville’s six-game, opening-round loss to eventual Stanley Cup champion Chicago.

The Predators receive an up-and-coming prospect in Halischuk, who just turned 22 on June 1 and has 1 goal and 2 assists in 21 NHL games for the Devils. Halischuk scored the overtime goal to give Canada the gold medal at the 2008 World Junior Championships.

He is also a former OHL Champion and Memorial Cup participant -- he paced the OHL in goals during the 2008 postseason, and ranked fourth in points (20gp, 16g-16a), playing on a line with now-Predator forward Nick Spaling.

Last edited by Dash on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Arnott traded to NJ Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Arnott scored the Game 6 OT, Cup-clinching goal for the Devils in 2000. You think they are trying to get back some fans by bringing back a "hero"?

3Arnott traded to NJ Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Crazy. I'm still looking for other sources, so far this is the only one

4Arnott traded to NJ Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:15 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=532100

5Arnott traded to NJ Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That's a massive contract to be taking on for a team that was hoping to re-sign Kovalchuk. Guess that is not happening. And chances of adding Kaberle have gone now. Unless more moves are coming of course. But it also makes it hard to re-sign Parise.

6Arnott traded to NJ Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:23 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

how is it massive? it's only one year and ok, it is 4 and a half mill but if you ask me it's worth it. Arnott is solid. the kind of guy i would of lpoved in ottawa a few years back.

7Arnott traded to NJ Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

guess NJ is going for broke. if this year they fail this could signal a big rebuild for them. either way credit to Lou for taking the bull by its horns.

8Arnott traded to NJ Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:26 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Halak, Hamuis, now arnott... the flood gate has broken. coud this be the weekend? i'm keepin a close eye on chicago as i imagine they should be workin' it fast before alot of the team make their appropriate changes and leave them in the dust... well that won't happen but the value could go down.

9Arnott traded to NJ Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TSN not even on it... could it be that GM hockey is getting to be faster then The big T? Shocked!

10Arnott traded to NJ Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:30 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Right now NJ has 10 players making over $2.5M, with $11,440,000 in cap space to sign/re-sign 2 defenceman, a forward and a back up goalie. Yeah they can do it, and sure Arnott isn't getting $4.5 next year if he stays, but they have Parise, Langenbrunner, Pandolfo, Greene and Salmela to re-sign next season.

11Arnott traded to NJ Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:TSN not even on it... could it be that GM hockey is getting to be faster then The big T? Shocked!

They don't have it on their main site but they have it on their transactions site.

Even CapGeek has it lol

12Arnott traded to NJ Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:34 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Right now NJ has 10 players making over $2.5M, with $11,440,000 in cap space to sign/re-sign 2 defenceman, a forward and a back up goalie. Yeah they can do it, and sure Arnott isn't getting $4.5 next year if he stays, but they have Parise, Langenbrunner, Pandolfo, Greene and Salmela to re-sign next season.
they might not want to resign arnott after this year. maybe they will go the Chicago way and go for broke and then have to deal players of just lose quite a few. these are the final years of brodeur we are seeing after he's gone Lou will have to find another gem somewhere.
i think he's going for it next year(again).

13Arnott traded to NJ Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:44 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seems to be a busy day... Arnott to NJ, PHI acquires Hamhuis... anything involving OTT?

14Arnott traded to NJ Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:52 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Seems to be a busy day... Arnott to NJ, PHI acquires Hamhuis... anything involving OTT?
yes, a bag of pucks seems to have been misplaced at SBP, plus breaking news "toilet 3 on the 300 level is overflowing, spartacat report for summer duty "

15Arnott traded to NJ Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Facepalm it's a long summer...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum