GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

'10 Memorial Cup

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16'10 Memorial Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 7:49 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Taylor Hall can easily play center, btw.

17'10 Memorial Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 7:54 pm

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

I think I would pick Seguin over Hall, fwiw.

Can't go wrong, to a certain extent, either way.

18'10 Memorial Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:Taylor Hall can easily play center, btw.

True.

Right now Hall has a pretty big edge because he's showcasing himself on national TV.

Hall is the sexier pick. This isn't the same scale but it's kinda like Ovechkin and Malkin back in 2004.

19'10 Memorial Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 8:12 pm

Big Ev wrote:
marakh wrote:Taylor Hall can easily play center, btw.

True.

Right now Hall has a pretty big edge because he's showcasing himself on national TV.

Hall is the sexier pick. This isn't the same scale but it's kinda like Ovechkin and Malkin back in 2004.

No he doesnt, you are talking about professional scouts. They know exactly who and what each player brings and where they are in comparisson. The guys picking dont need the Mem Cup to be the deciding factor, only The casual fans who see these guys play once in a while on TV are really effected or their opinions altered based on it.

I would be shocked if most people saw Seguin play 2 games this year vs Hall who they have seen play close to a dozen on huge stages. Scouts know exactly what's up.

20'10 Memorial Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's what I meant, I worded it wrong. The fans don't have the final say obviously, but I think Tambellini and his staff may just listen to their fans on this one because Oilers fans already think he's done a poor job with the team.

But he DOES have an edge in terms of getting to the big stage and performing well on it. It's not Seguin's fault that he hasn't played for championships and whatnot, though.

21'10 Memorial Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 9:59 pm

Big Ev wrote:That's what I meant, I worded it wrong. The fans don't have the final say obviously, but I think Tambellini and his staff may just listen to their fans on this one because Oilers fans already think he's done a poor job with the team.

But he DOES have an edge in terms of getting to the big stage and performing well on it. It's not Seguin's fault that he hasn't played for championships and whatnot, though.

Not having only been in The OHL for 2 years, no.

Anyways, The Oilers will pick what they view to be the best player and I think it will be Seguin.

22'10 Memorial Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 10:09 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:
Big Ev wrote:That's what I meant, I worded it wrong. The fans don't have the final say obviously, but I think Tambellini and his staff may just listen to their fans on this one because Oilers fans already think he's done a poor job with the team.

Not having only been in The OHL for 2 years, no.

Anyways, The Oilers will pick what they view to be the best player and I think it will be Seguin.

Who cares anyway, Diddle Edmonton and Boston. '10 Memorial Cup - Page 2 54934

23'10 Memorial Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 10:09 pm

I would kind of like to see Edmonton start winning again.

24'10 Memorial Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 11:42 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:I would kind of like to see Edmonton start winning again.

Much better than MTL and Toronto, for sure.

25'10 Memorial Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Mon May 24, 2010 9:34 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Windsor repeats as back to back Memorial Cup champions, beating host Brandon 9-1. Taylor Hall also wins back to back MVP awards.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum