GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Memorial Cup Thread

+2
LeCaptain
asq2
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Memorial Cup Thread Empty Memorial Cup Thread Sat May 16, 2009 11:15 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

For those experiencing hockey withdrawal during the break between SC playoff rounds, the Memorial Cup is here to help by offering a potential doozy of a game between the Drummondville Voltigeurs (led by high-scoring Yannick Riendeau) and the Windsor Spitfires (led by OHL playoff MVP and potential 2010 first over-all pick Taylor Hall).

Game is on Sportsnet starting at 4:30 Eastern Time.

For Sens fans interested in potential picks at the upcoming 2009 draft, the game will also feature defencemen Ryan Ellis (not that I'm really interested in taking him) and Dmitry Kulikov (who I am).

Team Previews for Drummondville and Windsor:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/2009/05/13/2009_memorial_cup_voltigeurs/
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/2009/05/13/2009_memorial_cup_spitfires/

2Memorial Cup Thread Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Sat May 16, 2009 11:38 am

Taylor Hall is amazing. Can we suck next year please? Sarcasm

3Memorial Cup Thread Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Sat May 16, 2009 12:22 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Anybody saw yesterday's game? The Backlund pass :****:

4Memorial Cup Thread Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Everybody should look at Kullikov this afternoon. I think some would change their mind about drafting a forward Wink

5Memorial Cup Thread Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Sat May 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Drum. captain has 54 points in 19 playoff games.... how is that possible, haha. That is just insane.

Looking forward to seeing Kulikov too.

6Memorial Cup Thread Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Sat May 16, 2009 10:40 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Couldn't see the game. Read on HFBoards Kullikov and Loktionov were the best players on the ice.. This definitely help the Sens. If Kullikov wins the cup, he gets drafted 2nd Defenseman after Hedman IMO. Somewhere around 7-8.

7Memorial Cup Thread Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Sat May 16, 2009 11:42 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Couldn't see the game. Read on HFBoards Kullikov and Loktionov were the best players on the ice.. This definitely help the Sens. If Kullikov wins the cup, he gets drafted 2nd Defenseman after Hedman IMO. Somewhere around 7-8.

There were some moments where you could see Taylor Hall's talent though.

I'll admit: I turned off after Windsor scored their second goal. I thought that was it for Drummondville for sure. Shows what I know.

8Memorial Cup Thread Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Sun May 17, 2009 12:05 am

Kulikov was just awesome, dominate, and you can just tell that kid is special. I dont even think the Sens will have a shot at him.

9Memorial Cup Thread Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Sun May 17, 2009 1:20 am

Neely4Life wrote:Kulikov was just awesome, dominate, and you can just tell that kid is special. I dont even think the Sens will have a shot at him.

There are quite a few quality d-men though. I can't see OEL, Hedman, Kulikov and Cowen all going in the top 9 with the amount of quality forwards there are as well. Let's assume that Hedman out of the question. That leaves 3 guys who would have to go between picks 4 to 8 in order for us to miss any of them(assuming the top 3 are Hedman, Tavares and Duchene). If that happens, there's bound to be a guy like MPS or Kane still in play. Either way, we are in great shape.

10Memorial Cup Thread Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Sun May 17, 2009 11:53 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Kulikov was just awesome, dominate, and you can just tell that kid is special. I dont even think the Sens will have a shot at him.

There are quite a few quality d-men though. I can't see OEL, Hedman, Kulikov and Cowen all going in the top 9 with the amount of quality forwards there are as well. Let's assume that Hedman out of the question. That leaves 3 guys who would have to go between picks 4 to 8 in order for us to miss any of them(assuming the top 3 are Hedman, Tavares and Duchene). If that happens, there's bound to be a guy like MPS or Kane still in play. Either way, we are in great shape.

We are guaranteed one of Tavares, Hedman, Duchene, MPS, Kane, Schenn, OEL, Cowen or Kulikov if we should so choose.

11Memorial Cup Thread Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 11:53 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Spitfires lose again. Rimouski looked pretty good.. I want that Caron kid.
Rimouski's defensive corps is impressing me, and I only know COrmier (Damn those Devils.)

12Memorial Cup Thread Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 12:23 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Spitfires lose again. Rimouski looked pretty good.. I want that Caron kid.
Rimouski's defensive corps is impressing me, and I only know COrmier (Damn those Devils.)

Unfortunately, in all likelyhood, Caron is more the San Jose Sharks' first round pick range than either of our seconds.

I would gladly trade to move up. We're pretty weak on the wing prospect-wise.

13Memorial Cup Thread Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 12:33 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Your previous post was pretty encouraging, so Im not too worried.

Last edited by marakh on Mon May 18, 2009 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Memorial Cup Thread Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 12:34 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

For those wishing to see some of Kulikov, he and the Voltigeurs have a game today against the Kelowna Rockets, who are looking to become the third straight WHL team to win the Memorial Cup.

Kelowna looked excellent in their opener against host Rimouski (who shocked Windsor).

Game is at 4:30 on Sportsnet.

15Memorial Cup Thread Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 12:35 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Your previous [pst was [retty encouraging, so Im not too worried.

Yeah, we should have a pretty good draft. cool)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum