GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Memorial Cup Thread

+2
LeCaptain
asq2
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 12:33 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Your previous post was pretty encouraging, so Im not too worried.

Last edited by marakh on Mon May 18, 2009 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

17Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 12:34 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

For those wishing to see some of Kulikov, he and the Voltigeurs have a game today against the Kelowna Rockets, who are looking to become the third straight WHL team to win the Memorial Cup.

Kelowna looked excellent in their opener against host Rimouski (who shocked Windsor).

Game is at 4:30 on Sportsnet.

18Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 12:35 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Your previous [pst was [retty encouraging, so Im not too worried.

Yeah, we should have a pretty good draft. cool)

19Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 1:15 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm rooting for Kelowna now. Myers is playing like a (young) man possessed. Good pick for Buffalo.

20Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 1:18 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I'm rooting for Kelowna now. Myers is playing like a (young) man possessed. Good pick for Buffalo.

A lot of upside.

The first round in 2008 in general was pretty spectacular for defencemen: Doughty, Bogosian, Pietrangelo, Schenn, Myers, Teubert, Karlsson, Gardiner, Sbisa, Del Zotto, Cuma, Carlson.

:****: :drooling:

21Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 5:56 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:For those wishing to see some of Kulikov, he and the Voltigeurs have a game today against the Kelowna Rockets, who are looking to become the third straight WHL team to win the Memorial Cup.

Kelowna looked excellent in their opener against host Rimouski (who shocked Windsor).

I think it is at 7:00.

22Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 6:14 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
asq2 wrote:For those wishing to see some of Kulikov, he and the Voltigeurs have a game today against the Kelowna Rockets, who are looking to become the third straight WHL team to win the Memorial Cup.

I think it is at 7:00.

Yeah, turns out I can't read a TV schedule. :oops:

23Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 9:04 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Damn this game is too good. Im not even wathcing the Pens-Canes game lol.
Kulikov is amazing, runs the pp, makes awesome first passes, more than good defensively and more importantly, battles like a warrior.
He made one big turnover though, but those kind of things don't matter to me.

24Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 9:05 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Damn this game is too good. Im not even wathcing the Pens-Canes game lol.
Kulikov is amazing, runs the pp, makes awesome first passes, more than good defensively and more importantly, battles like a warrior.
He made one big turnover though, but those kind of things don't matter to me.

He's had a bit of a rough night defensively. If I'm not mistaken, he got burned in the second goal as well.

He's still my 9th choice, though. But I still rank OEL above him.

25Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 9:14 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, he was on the ice the 2d goal as well, but the play Benn made was just too good. But he saved some pretty good chances too, and blocked a few shots.

And he's got a bomb too.
I don;t know, just imagining a PP with Karlsson, Wiercoch and Kulikov, I'm Ahhhhh!

26Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 9:17 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Yeah, he was on the ice the 2d goal as well, but the play Benn made was just too good. But he saved some pretty good chances too, and blocked a few shots.

And he's got a bomb too.
I don;t know, just imagining a PP with Karlsson, Wiercoch and Kulikov, I'm Ahhhhh!

Do you make one of them play a forward position? Wink

Yeah, it would be nice. Granted, I'm less concerned about the powerplay and more concerned about five-on-five play and the PK. I mean, is that PP any better than one with Ellis on it instead of Kulikov?

Don't get me wrong, though, Kulikov would be a great choice (and should be a much better option 5-on-5 and maybe even 4-on-5. But between the three post-Hedman defencemen, I'd probably take Cowen and OEL first.

Anyway, it's nice to be guaranteed one of them (should we want one).

27Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 9:22 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

well, you put Philips with Karlssn and Volchie with Kulikov Wink .

On another note, Jamie Benn a 5th rounder, seriously? :****:
He has 4 goals and 1 assist tonight Ahhhhh!

28Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 9:30 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:well, you put Philips with Karlssn and Volchie with Kulikov Wink .

They're too old to include in my vision of the future. Razz

29Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 18, 2009 9:43 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

C'mon, Volchie is 27, and Philips will play Chelios-style :^^^^:

30Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Tue May 19, 2009 4:12 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yup, Benn is a beast and he sure is quite a gem to have been drafted in the 5th round. Making a lot of teams regret passing him up I think.

31Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Tue May 19, 2009 10:32 pm

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

And the Spits stave off elimination with a HUGE 2-1 win over Kelowa...

32Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Sat May 23, 2009 1:04 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Windsor vs Kelowna for the Final game tomorrow.
COngrats to Rimouski and especially Drummondvilel for battling until the end, even in atrocious health conditions and without one of their best forward.

33Memorial Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Cup Thread Mon May 25, 2009 7:10 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Talk about an incredible story for Windsor's first Memorial Cup!! The only team to ever go down 0 and 2 to start the tournament and then rattle off 4 straight to win the whole thing.

Wow! I tip my hat to the Spitfires.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum