GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

'10 Memorial Cup

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1'10 Memorial Cup Empty '10 Memorial Cup Fri May 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

In the opening game, Windsor is leading 9-2 over host Brandon Wheat Kings, with just over 11 mins left in the 3rd.

2'10 Memorial Cup Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Sat May 15, 2010 4:46 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Moncton leads Calgary 3-0 heading into the 2nd intermission. Game is on Sportsnet.

3'10 Memorial Cup Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Tue May 18, 2010 11:30 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Windsor's steamrolling the competition and is owning the tournament. Another Memorial cu means Cam Fowler will join the elite list of players to win gold @ WJ, Memorial Cup and get drafted in the first round of the NHL entry draft.

4'10 Memorial Cup Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 9:26 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

With the Spitfires' win over Moncton, the Wildcats cup run comes to an end.

5'10 Memorial Cup Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 2:57 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm gonna comment in this thread because nobody else has. '10 Memorial Cup 54934

Just give the Cup to Windsor, no need to play the games anymore.

6'10 Memorial Cup Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 3:00 pm

I dont see any way Edmonton doesnt take Hall unless The Bruins deal their 15th overall and Toronto's 2nd while swapping picks. I think Seguin is the guy they should pick but they defently should be getting what they can for Hall.

7'10 Memorial Cup Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 7:20 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Pretty hard to argue against Hall - he has won almost everything there is.

8'10 Memorial Cup Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 7:22 pm

Edmonton needs a center and Seguin isnt that far behind Hall, if at all. If The Oilers like Seguin better and they can get value for swapping picks with The Bruins, you do it. YOu basically add 2 more 1st round picks, get the player you want, and add to Eberle and MPS up front.

Edmonton has been leaning towards Seguin the entire time and if his team was as stacked as Windsor, people would be talking about him in the same light as Hall. Seguin is probably right on par with Hall. Hall just gets all the exposure.

9'10 Memorial Cup Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 7:28 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

When you're talking about a player like Hall, throw away what you NEED and just take him, he is the best player available. They can trade for a centre down the road if need be. I'd be shocked- and Edmonton fans would be pissed- if they took Seguin.

10'10 Memorial Cup Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Big Ev wrote:When you're talking about a player like Hall, throw away what you NEED and just take him, he is the best player available. They can trade for a centre down the road if need be. I'd be shocked- and Edmonton fans would be pissed- if they took Seguin.

Why do people think Hall is that much better then Seguin? Seguin was OHL player of the year, he was on a far worse team (a lot worse) and he has done nothing but improve.

Hall is a great player, so is Seguin, like I said there isnt a lot of difference between the two and Seguin may be a more valuable player down the road. Hall isnt Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, hell he isnt even a Stamkos. He's along the line of a Tavares who isnt even the best player from last years draft, Duchene is and most people called that before the draft happend.

Seguin will be a better player then Hall and Edmonton brass seems to agree with that at this point.

11'10 Memorial Cup Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 7:38 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:
Big Ev wrote:When you're talking about a player like Hall, throw away what you NEED and just take him, he is the best player available. They can trade for a centre down the road if need be. I'd be shocked- and Edmonton fans would be pissed- if they took Seguin.

Why do people think Hall is that much better then Seguin? Seguin was OHL player of the year, he was on a far worse team (a lot worse) and he has done nothing but improve.

Hall is a great player, so is Seguin, like I said there isnt a lot of difference between the two and Seguin may be a more valuable player down the road. Hall isnt Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, hell he isnt even a Stamkos. He's along the line of a Tavares who isnt even the best player from last years draft, Duchene is and most people called that before the draft happend.

Seguin will be a better player then Hall and Edmonton brass seems to agree with that at this point.

Not saying Hall will be Crosby Ovechkin Malkin good, and not saying he is that much better then Seguin, but he could be one of the best scorers in the game, and it would be really tough for Edmonton to pass on a player that has led his team to 2 straight Mem Cups. He hits, he blocks shots, he scores goals and he has improved his playmaking a lot. I think Hall could end up like a Mike Modano or a Zach Parise, whom he's been compared to.

Right now there's nothing to say that either will be better than the other, and they play different positions so even down the road it would be tough to judge.

Also, it's too early to tell if Duchene is better than Tavares. Tavares had nothing to work with last year.

12'10 Memorial Cup Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Tavares had a lot to work with, about as much as Duchene to begin the year. I have very little doubt that Duchene will be better then Tavares, basically none. Both are goal scorers but Duchene is a better skater, better defensivly, and has better overall hockey sense.

Hall vs Seguin? you cant go wrong with either guy but even if Hall is slightly ahead, is he ahead by so much that it wouldnt be worth a 15th and a 32nd overall picks in the draft? No way he is.

If Edmonton goes with Seguin, which they probably will, make sure they get something for it. Simple as that.

13'10 Memorial Cup Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 7:49 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Taylor Hall can easily play center, btw.

14'10 Memorial Cup Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 7:54 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I think I would pick Seguin over Hall, fwiw.

Can't go wrong, to a certain extent, either way.

15'10 Memorial Cup Empty Re: '10 Memorial Cup Wed May 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:Taylor Hall can easily play center, btw.

True.

Right now Hall has a pretty big edge because he's showcasing himself on national TV.

Hall is the sexier pick. This isn't the same scale but it's kinda like Ovechkin and Malkin back in 2004.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum