GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010

+15
LeCaptain
PTFlea
stempniaksen
Hoags
M_Christopher
Ev
sens4win
TheAvatar
LethalLehner
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
wprager
PKC
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Switzerland vs. Canada Feb. 18, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_lcap212%Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_lcap253%Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 53% [ 9 ]
Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_lcap212%Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_lcap26%Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_lcap217%Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 22]

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:You want to hate Kool-Aid because you don't like the taste, then that's fine. But calling out other people who like that Kool-Aid is ridiculous, asinine and unwarranted. The fact that he's being a giant hypocrite and has lost the point he's trying to make amidst all the callous boorishness is aggravating, to say the least.

Oh Yeaaaaaah!
Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 20 Kool-a10

Hahaha a Kool Aid video game! Awe man I missed out.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

Michael Fisher Portnoy II

Rookie
Rookie

M_Christopher wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:You want to hate Kool-Aid because you don't like the taste, then that's fine. But calling out other people who like that Kool-Aid is ridiculous, asinine and unwarranted. The fact that he's being a giant hypocrite and has lost the point he's trying to make amidst all the callous boorishness is aggravating, to say the least.

Oh Yeaaaaaah!
Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 - Page 20 Kool-a10

Hahaha a Kool Aid video game! Awe man I missed out.

MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOUR AS A KID HAD THAT!!!!

oh man - memories

http://www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

M_Christopher wrote:
N4L wrote:
Hoags wrote:
N4L wrote:
Canadian hockey has a lot of work to do on and off the ice. Canada could get place 8th and people will still say "Canada is still the best".

Hockey is a matter of national pride in Canada. We believe we're the best because that's what we're told. It's not a lack of respect as much as ignorance IMHO. We have to be the best because our national pride demands it. If we're not the best at hockey what are we the best at ?

Can we be the best ? Yes we can, we certainly have enough homegrown talent to do it. But we have to bring it for 3 periods, take nothing for granted and bleed just like anyone else.

Look at the other Olympic sports, are they dominated by the same countries that dominated them in past Olympic games ? no not really. It's highly competitive in all sports, not just hockey. The gold is anyone's for the taking.

I agree 100% with that statement but we are not the only nation that believes that, not even close. That's probably the most educated statement that has been posted in this thread, but the fact remains Canada does show a lot of disrespect to nations like The Swiss, it cost them in Turin and it almost cost them last night. They obviously respect and have to respect The Russians, Swedes, U.S other wise they will get their teeth knocked in.

Canada absolutely can win Gold in Vancouver, there is no doubt about it but that doesnt mean that what a lot of that team represents should be supported.

I'll ask this question again, how could people vilify Heatley then cheer when he scores a goal for Canada? If he got the OT winner in the gold medal game and I was cheering for that team, Id be sick and honestly question myself as a person.

I don't know, how can you cheer for Ottawa, and still have an over-the-top flaming hatred for Spezza?

My guess is your cheering for the greater good......like Canadians when the D-bag scores a goal for Team Canada

I dont hate Spezza at all, I hate his game sometimes but he is pretty legit when it comes to being loyal and TRYING to be a better player, team mate, and person. I dont think he is a 7 million dollar player or what a lot of people crack him up to be, but I dont hate the guy. Im usually pretty even keiled with Spezza until one extreme comes in then people force you to go to the other extreme. Look at how ASQ and myself talk about Spezza, that's usually where I stand. Sometimes it gets out of hand with him though.

As for Heatley it's a personal dislike, what he stands for, and what he has done. Face it, the guy should have been in jail and got a 2nd chance by everyone here in Ottawa and the hockey world. He spit in everyones face. Pronger is just an awful person, people will question that statement right there but trust me, that guys is scum.

I cheer for Spezza and I hope he does well, I just think he is the classic underachiever, if I'm wrong about that it only means good things for The Sens. Heatley, the guy is dirt bad, selfish, and about as anti Canadian in his general attitude as you can be.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, way too busy to read all of this, but to touch on a couple of quick points:

1. Well, of *COURSE* I would prefer a bye. Yes, injuries can happen in the extra game (I was only saying the extra game could help with chemistry because I'm just a "glass-half-full" kinda guy). Yes, a gimme in the quarter finals is preferable. I was just pointing out that the Sarge isn't dead and the game;'s not over (points to the first one to identify the reference, including movie, actor and character name, to make it a bit more challenging).

2. The whole idea that the Olympics are for amateurs is faulty. Don't ram the IOC down my throat. The origin of the Olympic Games goes back to Ancient Greece. It was meant to be a competition between the *best* in the world. In many cases those *best* were soldiers (which is, partially, why wars were suspended for the Olympics). Soldiers got paid -- some of them got paid for throwing a javelin, or for being exceptionally strong or fast. You get the point.

3. I may have had a third point but I can't find it now. Could have sworn it was around here ...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why do you even bother watching the Canada games if all you're going to di is rip into the players and talk about how you hate Olympic hockey?

Big Ev wrote:Why do you even bother watching the Canada games if all you're going to di is rip into the players and talk about how you hate Olympic hockey?

Only hockey on TV. Ill comment on what ever game is being discussed.

If it was heads up with The NHL, I would be watching that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

M_Christopher wrote:
Anti-Canadian? Really.

Your an *****, flat out.

Since your going to do it anyways, enlighten me how am I anti-Canadian?

None of that please. No name calling etc. If you don't wish to get into this, then simply ignore the person or the thread. If you're in this thread voluntarily - which I assume you are - then deal with things in a civil manner.

Thanks.

I didnt call anyone on here anti-canadian?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
Anti-Canadian? Really.

Your an *****, flat out.

Since your going to do it anyways, enlighten me how am I anti-Canadian?

None of that please. No name calling etc. If you don't wish to get into this, then simply ignore the person or the thread. If you're in this thread voluntarily - which I assume you are - then deal with things in a civil manner.

Thanks.

Where does that quote come from? I haven't seen that scratch

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Someone deleted it as I was responding to it.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:about as anti Canadian in his general attitude as you can be.

Pretty sure, that is saying I'm anti-Canadian, or sorry, at the very least 'my attitude is anti-canadian'

But whatever, you stay on your high horse, cheer for the Swiss instead of the team that represents your country and I'll keep being anti-canadian by cheering on the, get this, Canadian Olympic Team.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

M_Christopher wrote:

Pretty sure, that is saying I'm anti-Canadian, or sorry, at the very least 'my attitude is anti-canadian'

But whatever, you stay on your high horse, cheer for the Swiss instead of the team that represents your country and I'll keep being anti-canadian by cheering on the, get this, Canadian Olympic Team.

You took that the wrong way. The guy isn't exactly making friends in this thread, but he never called you anti-canadian.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Plus, people are talking like the Swiss are the dregs of International hockey, when they are NOT. Slovakia beat the Russians last night, the Swiss lost to the Canadians in a shootout. IIRC, the Swiss are ranked 7th in the World. That's not too shabby. Aside from Sweden, Russian, Canada, US, Finland, Slovakia, Czech, that's nothing to sneeze at. It means they are indeed, quite good.

M_Christopher wrote:

Uhhh I was talking about Heatley dude.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I think the Swiss are actually ranked ahead of the Slovaks by the IIHF. This just makes Canada look that much better in comparason to other teams like Sweden (who barely beat Germany) and Russia (who lost to the Slovaks).

stempniaksen wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:

You took that the wrong way. The guy isn't exactly making friends in this thread, but he never called you anti-canadian.

I wouldnt acuse someone on here and cheering for their country no matter my opinion as anti Canadian. I might say or think they are cheering for them for the wrong reasons, but that again in my opinion.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NO way in hell ths Swiss should be even compared to Slovakia. C'mon, that team has Hossa, Gaborik, Halak, Chara, Demitra, Handzus, Visnovsky...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:I think the Swiss are actually ranked ahead of the Slovaks by the IIHF. This just makes Canada look that much better in comparason to other teams like Sweden (who barely beat Germany) and Russia (who lost to the Slovaks).

That's what I thought, no one here appears to be giving them enough credit IMO. They're good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum