GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gainey stepping down?

+7
SensGirl11
SensHulk
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
wprager
LeCaptain
PKC
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:52 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

First order of business - sell low, but sell high too. Halak and Price for a real, top 10 goaltender. Let's go.

PS. Boy, I'm sad today. I loved the way Gainey was okay with remaining stagnant and relatively mediocre - to poor. I was hoping he'd get a lifetime extension.

17Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:53 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:It's about time they switch it up. Will Martin do both again?

His coaching style is bored and tired, his GMing style is non-existent. So, yes, he'd be perfect to do both in Montreal.

18Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:53 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Jacques can do neither, as far as I'm concerned. The recent trend (successful, by the way) is to hire coaches with little or no NHL experience. Gainey went the other way, proving yet again that he was too old for the new NHL.

To be fair, martin's still got his hockey team hanging in there with the countless injuries and the ineptitude of Gainey pushing Price to the forefront and signing garbage players (Laraque, Gill, smurfs).

19Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Jacques can do neither, as far as I'm concerned. The recent trend (successful, by the way) is to hire coaches with little or no NHL experience. Gainey went the other way, proving yet again that he was too old for the new NHL.

Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 62136

+12

20Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 62136

+12

Source?

21Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:15 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

In Martin's defence, if he had an extra 7-8 million like most GM's, he could have added more talent to the Florida roster.

It's the Halak show now. Assuming no more injuries, I like their chances of squeaking into the top 8.

22Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:In Martin's defence, if he had an extra 7-8 million like most GM's, he could have added more talent to the Florida roster.

It's the Halak show now. Assuming no more injuries, I like their chances of squeaking into the top 8.

Or he would have asked his scouts to find him the next Jody Hull and/or Shaun Van Allen.

23Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:19 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yep, Martin didn;t have any budget in Florida.

Gainey said in September he would step down at the end of the year if the team failed to make the playoffs.
Guy BOucher is ready, I think he gets the job now or in october. As coach I mean.

24Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:29 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=309444

Confirmed. Gauthier is named interim.

25Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wasn't he nicknamed The Ghost here, because he was never around to talk to media? Good luck with that in Montreal.

26Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:31 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=309444

Now to add Bonk, Dackell, Redden...

27Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Wasn't he nicknamed The Ghost here, because he was never around to talk to media? Good luck with that in Montreal.

Just as well. Only lies come out of his mouth when he opens it anyway.

28Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
marakh wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=309444

Now to add Bonk, Dackell, Redden...

Laugh1 And Jody Hull. That's a big one.

29Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jason York?

- Unknown Author

30Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Jason York?

He can probably still play. So that would rule him out. Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 489887

31Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cue Patrick Roy to GM Canadiens rumours.

But in all seriousness, this move was long overdue.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

32Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

For that franchise to succeed, the fans and media should step down, not the management.

33Gainey stepping down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:52 pm

long over due

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum