GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gainey stepping down?

+7
SensGirl11
SensHulk
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
wprager
LeCaptain
PKC
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Gainey stepping down? Empty Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:16 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Per Bob McKenzie's Twitter account: Habs call 4 pm conference to announce management change.

2Gainey stepping down? Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:29 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Damn...

3Gainey stepping down? Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry to say this, because I liked Gainey when he was playing, but this is about 2-3 years overdue.

4Gainey stepping down? Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:31 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pierre McGuire to step in?

5Gainey stepping down? Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:32 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Sorry to say this, because I liked Gainey when he was playing, but this is about 2-3 years overdue.

WHen he came in he said he had a 5 year plan so I guess they waited 5 years^^.

I think they will put Gainey in upper management, Jacques Martin GM and Guy Boucher (best coach in AHL) as head coach.

6Gainey stepping down? Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:40 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Pierre Gauthier will be the GM.

7Gainey stepping down? Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:42 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Does this mean the end of poster boy Price in MTL?

8Gainey stepping down? Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:Pierre Gauthier will be the GM.

Oh yeah. I was a little surprised he didn't try to steal the job while Gainey was grieving the loss of his daughter. The Ghost is a backstabbing sack of Dung, so I entirely approve his hiring in Habland.

I still think it's Pete "Grand Yeule" McGuire.

9Gainey stepping down? Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:44 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It's about time they switch it up. Will Martin do both again?

10Gainey stepping down? Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Does this mean the end of poster boy Price in MTL?

Excellent point. The timing really points that way too. Gainey stepping down? 235689 Gainey stepping down? 805406

11Gainey stepping down? Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensGirl11 wrote:It's about time they switch it up. Will Martin do both again?

Jacques can do neither, as far as I'm concerned. The recent trend (successful, by the way) is to hire coaches with little or no NHL experience. Gainey went the other way, proving yet again that he was too old for the new NHL.

12Gainey stepping down? Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:50 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:Does this mean the end of poster boy Price in MTL?

Excellent point. The timing really points that way too. Gainey stepping down? 235689 Gainey stepping down? 805406

My assumption is that itself. It paves the way for the franchise to trade away Price. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense for Gainey to step down 3/4 of the season through. Habs are technically in a playoff position, and had been playing solid hockey lately. Why not step down after the season?

Guess they might want Gauthier to assume the helm now itself.

13Gainey stepping down? Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

First order of business - sell low, but sell high too. Halak and Price for a real, top 10 goaltender. Let's go.

PS. Boy, I'm sad today. I loved the way Gainey was okay with remaining stagnant and relatively mediocre - to poor. I was hoping he'd get a lifetime extension.

14Gainey stepping down? Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

His coaching style is bored and tired, his GMing style is non-existent. So, yes, he'd be perfect to do both in Montreal.

15Gainey stepping down? Empty Re: Gainey stepping down? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:53 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Jacques can do neither, as far as I'm concerned. The recent trend (successful, by the way) is to hire coaches with little or no NHL experience. Gainey went the other way, proving yet again that he was too old for the new NHL.

To be fair, martin's still got his hockey team hanging in there with the countless injuries and the ineptitude of Gainey pushing Price to the forefront and signing garbage players (Laraque, Gill, smurfs).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum