GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010

+24
Number Twenty Nine
SDH89
Bramlet07
sennies1980
sens4win
SeawaySensFan
Urkie
KidKarlsson
Riprock
Hoags
The Silfer Server
TheAvatar
PKC
asq2
LeCaptain
Hayden
beedub
PTFlea
SensHulk
wprager
Flo The Action
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Prediction for the game.

GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap240%GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 8 ]
GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap245%GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 45% [ 9 ]
GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 20]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

But it's an interesting idea to add a poll to all GDTs.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

It *should be* a cake walk. That's what's worrying me.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:It *should be* a cake walk. That's what's worrying me.
I think it will come down to goaltending...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

...hmm for some reason this feels like a loss coming. Just a feeling though....the likes of any central division opponent worries me. GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 2 555492

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ouch. That's a butt load of tickets left!

Courtesy of: http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=514324&cmpid=rss-News%20in%20English

Bulletin: Fewer than 3,500 tickets available for tomorrow’s game against St. Louis

OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators announced today that fewer than
3,500 tickets remain for tomorrow’s 7 p.m. game against the St. Louis
Blues at Scotiabank Place, including more than 300 seats in the Coke
Zero Zone priced at only $14 including taxes.

Tomorrow’s game marks the only contest this season against the Blues.
The Senators have a record of 4-0-1 in their last five regular-season
matchups against St. Louis and have not lost to the Blues in Ottawa in
nearly 10 years (1/26/00). Blues forward David Backes, who was recently
named to the Team USA men’s Olympic hockey team, has eight points in
his last 10 games (one goal, seven assists) and had recorded points in
six consecutive games before being held scoreless in St. Louis’ 1-0
home victory over Minnesota on Jan. 14.

The game against the Blues is sponsored by Metro, providing fans with
the opportunity to score four tickets, four hotdogs and four drinks
starting at only $99. Thursday’s game is also a SUBWAY Savings game,
where fans can receive a 20 per cent discount on regular-priced tickets.

HAITI RELIEF: Also on Thursday, the Sens Foundation will donate
their portion of funds raised through the game’s 50/50 draw in support
of current relief efforts in Haiti.

Tickets for all remaing home games are now on sale and can be purchased
by visiting www.CapitalTickets.ca, by phone at 613-599-FANS (3267) or
1-877-788-FANS (3267); in person at The Sens Store at Rideau Centre and
Place d’Orléans; at any Ottawa Sports Experts location and at the
Scotiabank Place box office.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, not exactly a huge draw on a Thursday night... the Blues are still probably suffering from "bottom dweller" stigma.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Yeah, not exactly a huge draw on a Thursday night... the Blues are still probably suffering from "bottom dweller" stigma.

Regardless, the sens reduced prices and have won the last four, including perhaps the biggest victory of the year against chicago. You'd think the sales would be better than this....

$14 for a ticket is awesome. I'd totally be over it....but I got class with mandatory attendance GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 2 489887

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:
shabbs wrote:Yeah, not exactly a huge draw on a Thursday night... the Blues are still probably suffering from "bottom dweller" stigma.

Regardless, the sens reduced prices and have won the last four, including perhaps the biggest victory of the year against chicago. You'd think the sales would be better than this....

$14 for a ticket is awesome. I'd totally be over it....but I got class with mandatory attendance GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 2 489887
That is an awesome price. Wow.

If I wasn't 5 hours away...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Where are you? Blue nation?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Where are you? Blue nation?
Yep. Leaf-land... bah.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO SENS GO!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

These guys are intensely good on the road. Focus! Vertigo

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Now you've done it. Whenever the Sens are supposed to stomp on an opponent, they suck hard. Sens might have a bit of a let down. Let's hope Michalek plays and provides a smidgen of the spark that Alfredsson provided on his return

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I doubt we're even favoured. Maybe by a little, but not much. The Blues are a good road team, we're a good home team. Our record is a little better, but not enough to call this a cakewalk.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
I think it will come down to goaltending...

Well Elliott's SV% is .899 -- he could climb over the "wall" with a good outing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Michallica wrote:

A while back when I asked if you could hear me scream, you said you were 3 hours from Kanata. So when did you move? Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I doubt we're even favoured. Maybe by a little, but not much. The Blues are a good road team, we're a good home team. Our record is a little better, but not enough to call this a cakewalk.

The Blues will be tired after the game tonight and having to travel; the Sens will have had time to relax.

The Blues are 3-6-2 against the East.

The Sens have scored considerably more goals, and while they have given up a lot more, their team defense and goaltending have been excellent over the winning streak.

Team-lead-wise, we are ahead in every category except goaltending stats, and I already mentioned that a good outing will get Elliott over the .900 line. A little added incentive.

Brad Boyes went from 43 goals, to 33, to a projected 16 this season. He and Cheechoo could write a book.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I doubt we're even favoured. Maybe by a little, but not much. The Blues are a good road team, we're a good home team. Our record is a little better, but not enough to call this a cakewalk.

Their road record is something like 12-6 but they are 3-6 against the East (all road games). So while they are fantastic on the road in the West (9-0, really?) they are poor against Eastern teams.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum