GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010

+24
Number Twenty Nine
SDH89
Bramlet07
sennies1980
sens4win
SeawaySensFan
Urkie
KidKarlsson
Riprock
Hoags
The Silfer Server
TheAvatar
PKC
asq2
LeCaptain
Hayden
beedub
PTFlea
SensHulk
wprager
Flo The Action
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Prediction for the game.

GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_lcap240%GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 8 ]
GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_lcap245%GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 45% [ 9 ]
GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_lcap25%GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 20]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:By the way, looking at the stats it seems as though that was Kovalev's 1,200th regular season game.

Call him streaky, call him lazy but the guy has managed to stick around.

He needs 24 more points to hit 1,000 regular-seasoners.

He hasn't scored goals in a lot of games but I personally think he's played quite well over the last month or so.

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

Kovalev has been great lately, 13pts in his last 11 and looking alot more comfortable with this team

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:That Janssen/Carkner fight ended up a lot more even than I originally thought. Carkner caught him with a few big ones but the guy looked like he wasn't even winded at the end. One tough customer. But that fight looked almost like a throwback to the McGrattan era. Bah, don't need those types of fights.

With Janssen it's the same old story every fight he's in. Sit there, duck and cover, let the other guy pound on you while you're protected. Then once the other guy is tired from punching, start your own assault. Seriously lame. I don't like him at all.

Really? I love Jansen that guy will get in there and fight alomst anybody.

Cam got stung a few times at the start, don't forget he is giving up about 2" and 20lbs to Carkner.

Am I the first in this thread to mention the goalies's insane inability to play the puck ? It's obvious on the disallowed goal from the first, but this is hardly something I just noticed. I think we have the two worst puck-moving goalies in the NHL...their decisions with the puck are just awful. I'm starting to wonder how much of an impact that has on their (and the teams) GAA.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gohan wrote:Am I the first in this thread to mention the goalies's insane inability to play the puck ? It's obvious on the disallowed goal from the first, but this is hardly something I just noticed. I think we have the two worst puck-moving goalies in the NHL...their decisions with the puck are just awful. I'm starting to wonder how much of an impact that has on their (and the teams) GAA.

Ottawa has never had a goalie that could handle the puck.

- Unknown Author

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Gohan wrote:Am I the first in this thread to mention the goalies's insane inability to play the puck ? It's obvious on the disallowed goal from the first, but this is hardly something I just noticed. I think we have the two worst puck-moving goalies in the NHL...their decisions with the puck are just awful. I'm starting to wonder how much of an impact that has on their (and the teams) GAA.

I am starting to wonder how much of an impact the goalie coach had in that GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 21st, 2010 - Page 20 159628

No, you're right. Their decision making is awful.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Ottawa has never had a goalie that could handle the puck.

I would say that a big part of why Brodeur is successful, beyond his skill and the system, is his puck handling. He is amazing as are Turco and Dipietro. In fact I can't think of a bad goalie who handles the puck well. Old Eli focused on 'get down and stay big' not so much on help out your defence by moving the puck crisply and accurately...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum