GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clutterbuck to Gonchar: You better retire at the end of the year

+5
SensGirl11
shabbs
Riprock
PKC
PTFlea
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10014/1028172-61.stm#ixzz0cd7QINGx

Clutterbuck aimed a threat at Gonchar after that game, telling the Star-Tribune of Minneapolis: "He better hope he retires at the end of the year, I'll tell you that. Somebody's going to hurt him before the end of the year. Someone will. It's not going to be me, but someone will."

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Why hasn't the NHL suspended Gonchar?

Since when is hitting a guy without the puck with that kind of force acceptable in this league?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For sure he should be suspended, but Clutterbuck's going a little far there.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Clutterbuck said nothing more than what others around the league said about Downie after he hit McAmmond. I say good for CalClutta, not really a fan of Goonchar.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:For sure he should be suspended, but Clutterbuck's going a little far there.
Heh. He worded it to ensure he would not be suspended or face a fine. Very smart by him.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

First time I see it. That was damned reckless on Gonchar's part. It's funny though, Clutterbuck's reaction, he's like "meh, it didn't hurt that much" Laugh1

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

SensGirl11 wrote:First time I see it. That was damned reckless on Gonchar's part. It's funny though, Clutterbuck's reaction, he's like "meh, it didn't hurt that much" Laugh1

Yeah, and I don't buy Gonchar's explanation that "it looked like the puck was going to get to him". Fedotenko had the puck, and Clutterbuck was turning away from it.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

ddt wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:First time I see it. That was damned reckless on Gonchar's part. It's funny though, Clutterbuck's reaction, he's like "meh, it didn't hurt that much" Laugh1

Yeah, and I don't buy Gonchar's explanation that "it looked like the puck was going to get to him". Fedotenko had the puck, and Clutterbuck was turning away from it.

Not at all, he clearly wanted to hurt him. It was a pretty ugly play. His head hit the ice pretty hard too, thank goodness his helmet stayed on for the impact.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But that body slam against the boards by Clutterback on Gonchar just slides by with you guys? Yes, it's true, the difference is that Gonchar had just gotten rid of the puck while Clutterback had not yet received it. But apart from that, the only other difference is that Clutterback used the boards to smush Gonchar, while Gonchar's hit was kind-of open ice. In both cases the each player intended to hit the other as hard as he could, and we all know that those kinds of hits hurt and lead to injuries.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clutterbuck... what a great name...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Clutterbuck... what a great name...

I hear banjos whenever I see or hear that name. Clutterbuck to Gonchar: You better retire at the end of the year 284474

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You can't make that kind of name up.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:

It's got "made for movie" all over it...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

It's got "made for movie" all over it...

Or at least a sitcom family. Clutterbuck to Gonchar: You better retire at the end of the year 270956

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Was there a suspension?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum