GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 7th, 2010

+24
caissie_1
Hoags
ddt
dennycrane
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
Urkie
Bramlet07
PKC
Riprock
SensGirl11
garblar
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
Phoenix30
wprager
Sens4thecup
asq2
PTFlea
LeCaptain
shabbs
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 21]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've really enjoyed Phillips this year, he's been excellent.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:Ridiculous. Leclaire only had one way to go and we are seeing it right now. It will only get worse yet too.
As far as a lehner for vermette straight up, insane and not even worth mentioning. You are losing the trade for the first three years and then hoping lehner works out as a rookie goalie who has proved nothing yet by year 4 of the trade.
You are better than that SpezD. You just basically said its ok to lose for 3 years and then hope a child pans out.

Okay, here's the way I think when it comes to a Vermette for Lehner straight up:

1.Vermette was caught in no man's land here. He was never going to be a top 2 center in Ottawa based on logistics alone - Fisher and his contract weren't being usurped.

2.Vermette had a crap year for us and seemed to have peaked.

3.I saw Lehner in the development camp stone Jason Spezza numerous times, to the point where the 15 people who happened to be there were cheering.

4.I heard from some very serious Swedish fans that this kid's father taught Lundqvist - and that he was very similar in all respects. I was told: "You might want to start getting more excited about this kid in Ottawa".

5.He played exhibition games for the Sens and was the best of the three goalies.

6.He dominates the OHL at age 18, posting third best save % and GAA.

7.He's invited to go to the WJC as the third string goalie - the Swedish brass knowing full well that Markstrom is moving on and they want to acclimatize Lehner for next year's starting position.

8.He regularly steals games for SSM. Not only does he steal games, he's made some of the most outstanding saves of the year in the OHL.

9.Not only is he competitive, he's 100% all about learning from his mistakes and getting better which lead to the SSM coaching staff praising him.

10.He could play at the NHL level TODAY and not be out of place.

Drool

And he didn't even mention winning that award at the DC. When I was there I was impressed with how he never gave up on a play, making ridiculous attempts to get at anything, then how he would get up and put out the hardest effort in doing laps. He definitely impressed me with his dedication. And he was still 17 at the time, I think, or just barely turned 18.

Keep him away from Wilson. Far, far away.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's it you've convinced me: bring in the father as goalie coach. Ahhhhh!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Bring the whole family, Uncle Tomsson, Cousin Vinnyberg...

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:I just read the last 5 pages and I find it sad that the goaltending is the N1 issue that people talk about... I'm not even going to waste my time commenting.

Where is N4L when you need him.

He was away and then he got sick as heck, but he'll be back. I talked to him briefly on Monday or something like that.
Well since he was ignorant enough to call the H1N1 Virus "just the flu" and then actually asked to get it, here's to hoping he got his wish. When you deal with death on a daily basis and see what the swine flu has done to hundreds of families, ask and ye shall receive.

Leclaire had a close door meeting with clouston and murray on friday btw. Wonder what was said?

cloverleaf wrote:Leclaire had a close door meeting with clouston and murray on friday btw. Wonder what was said?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall there.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

cloverleaf wrote:Leclaire had a close door meeting with clouston and murray on friday btw. Wonder what was said?
Perhaps: "I need a new goalie coach."

Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

cloverleaf wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

He was away and then he got sick as heck, but he'll be back. I talked to him briefly on Monday or something like that.
Well since he was ignorant enough to call the H1N1 Virus "just the flu" and then actually asked to get it, here's to hoping he got his wish. When you deal with death on a daily basis and see what the swine flu has done to hundreds of families, ask and ye shall receive.

Did he get clobbered by the flu or was it something else? If it was the flu, that would be quite ironic, wouldn't it? And not in the Alanis Morisette Way either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum