GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Top ten signs you might be Canadian

+5
PKC
ddt
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Top ten signs you might be Canadian Empty Top ten signs you might be Canadian Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:11 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

10 - You know what a beavertail is and you enjoy eating one on the Canal.

9 - You identify yourself more as being NOT American as opposed to being Canadian.

8 - You chuckle when Hockey is referred to as Ice Hockey.

7 - You find it bizarre that people in the States don't have universal healthcare.

6 - You apologize when someone bumps into you when it was clearly their fault.

5 - When watching a Hockey game, live or at home, you can't help but yell at the officials and the players.

4 - You've always got time for Tim Hortons.

3 - You know what I mean when I mention the Brett Hull foot in the crease incident.

2 - There's a good chance you were (or are still Comfort ) a Leafs or Habs fan.

1 - You're upset that the Canadian World Juniors ONLY got a SILVER after winning 5 straight golds in the World Junior Championships.

- Unknown Author

2Top ten signs you might be Canadian Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:30 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Should have been 6. But oh well, the better and more deserving team one.

3Top ten signs you might be Canadian Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:59 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Should have been 6. But oh well, the better and more deserving team one.

Right on that one. The more important question here is what do you think of my top ten? Smile

- Unknown Author

4Top ten signs you might be Canadian Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:08 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:10 - You know what a beavertail is and you enjoy eating one on the Canal.
I do know what they are, and I do like them, but I have not had one in a long time, nor have I skated on the canal in years.

9 - You identify yourself more as being NOT American as opposed to being Canadian.
I am proud of being Canadian for sure. I don't go out ofm y way to say I am NOT American.

Not really - since we Canadians play it year round, ice or not.

7 - You find it bizarre that people in the States don't have universal healthcare.
They are a capitalist country, so it makes sense. I think all of Canada might have to start doing what Alberta has done to ensure greater healthcare.

Depends who it is, but I usually end up having to always dodge stupid people that walk erratically and walk 3 people across on sidewalks or in malls.

5 - When watching a Hockey game, live or at home, you can't help but yell at the officials and the players.
I'm pretty quiet watching games - My reactions have little to do with the outcome of the game.

I don't drink coffee, and don't have a lot of money, so I rarely indulge.

3 - You know what I mean when I mention the Brett Hull foot in the crease incident.
I do, but only from highlights.

I suppose I was a Hab fan, but only when I was young and naive and that was only because of one reason - Patrick Roy. I don't HATE the Leafs, but I DESPISE Montreal and the fans.

1 - You're upset that the Canadian World Juniors ONLY got a SILVER after winning 5 straight golds in the World Junior Championships.
I would have liekd them to win gold again, but as I said, they didn't earn it. Great for Eberle to continue to be a clutch performer, but a little too late for Canada. Eberle will forever be remembered atleast as a WJ hero.

Good list though, I'm sure it would apply to most Canadians.

Will this be a regular thing? Maybe a weekly Letterman-like feature?

5Top ten signs you might be Canadian Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow dude. Nice in depth review. I certainly didn't expect such a thorough report. Smile

- Unknown Author

6Top ten signs you might be Canadian Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:30 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:10 - You know what a beavertail is and you enjoy eating one on the Canal.
I do know what they are, and I do like them, but I have not had one in a long time, nor have I skated on the canal in years.

But did you enjoy eating it on the Canal?

I am proud of being Canadian for sure. I don't go out of my way to say I am NOT American.

Even when travelling? Sarcasm

Seriously? When you say your going to the Hockey game tonight do you call it the Ice Hockey game? Sarcasm

They are a capitalist country, so it makes sense. I think all of Canada might have to start doing what Alberta has done to ensure greater healthcare.

Capitalism isn't uniquely American. Why do they have government run Police and Fire fighters, Social Security and so on, if it makes sense to do it with healthcare?

Depends who it is, but I usually end up having to always dodge stupid people that walk erratically and walk 3 people across on sidewalks or in malls.

But you do still do it.

I'm pretty quiet watching games - My reactions have little to do with the outcome of the game.

You must be one of the people that watches from the 100 level at SBP when you come to games then? Sarcasm

Way to ruin a perfectly placed joke Razz

A ha. You do know what I mean though.

I suppose I was a Hab fan, but only when I was young and naive and that was only because of one reason - Patrick Roy. I don't HATE the Leafs, but I DESPISE Montreal and the fans.

I knew it!

I would have liekd them to win gold again, but as I said, they didn't earn it. Great for Eberle to continue to be a clutch performer, but a little too late for Canada. Eberle will forever be remembered atleast as a WJ hero.

- Unknown Author

7Top ten signs you might be Canadian Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:34 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh and in response to your question about doing more top 10s I have a few in here. I just do them randomly as I come up with ideas for them.

- Unknown Author

8Top ten signs you might be Canadian Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:11 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Dash wrote:

But did you enjoy eating it on the Canal?

You got me there, thought it's been ages I can hardly remember.

I am proud of being Canadian for sure. I don't go out of my way to say I am NOT American.

Even when travelling? Sarcasm

Hmmm... well I did wear my Canadian jersey to Buffalo to see the Sens.

Seriously? When you say your going to the Hockey game tonight do you call it the Ice Hockey game? Sarcasm

No, but I am Canadian :D

Capitalism isn't uniquely American. Why do they have government run Police and Fire fighters, Social Security and so on, if it makes sense to do it with healthcare?

But Healthcare is privatized. It is a business. Doctors make buttloads of money. If they had free health care I think it would get taken advantage of and abused. I like my free healthcare though, don't get me wrong. IT's what seperates us from them. We care about our people.

But you do still do it.

Meh, sometimes I feel the urge to plow over that obnoxious little brat that is runnign around, or that punk teenager that thinks he's tough.

You must be one of the people that watches from the 100 level at SBP when you come to games then? Sarcasm

Nope, 300s for me... I am too cheap for 200s and 100s. I will cheer but I am not obnoxious.

Way to ruin a perfectly placed joke Razz

A ha. You do know what I mean though.

I knew it!

9Top ten signs you might be Canadian Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:36 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

[quote="Dash"]

But Healthcare is privatized. It is a business. Doctors make buttloads of money. If they had free health care I think it would get taken advantage of and abused. I like my free healthcare though, don't get me wrong. IT's what seperates us from them. We care about our people.

My point was that Capitalism does not mean you have to have privatized healthcare. They are a Capitalist country and they still have Social Security, Police and Firefighters. What is it about healthcare that they can't make it universal is all I'm sayin'. Why does it make sense for healthcare but not for Police, firefighters and Social Security?

- Unknown Author

10Top ten signs you might be Canadian Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Opponents of Universal healthcare in the US call it Stalinist and Communist and so on and bemoan the prospect of ending up like "the Europeans". Whatever the hell that means.

And to hear the mistruths about the Canadian system is hilarious.

11Top ten signs you might be Canadian Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:59 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

All I can say I guess is that police officers and firefighters have a civil duty to protect the citizens, as written in the constitution and governed by the laws (not so much firefighters, but police definitely). They all take oaths to serve and protect, but unfortunately doctors seem to be driven by the almighty dollar. I guess it can be attributed to the high cost and lengthy investment of time and money in becoming a doctor. The people then have a choice where they want to be treated - and unfortunately some people cannot afford it at all.

12Top ten signs you might be Canadian Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:All I can say I guess is that police officers and firefighters have a civil duty to protect the citizens, as written in the constitution and governed by the laws (not so much firefighters, but police definitely). They all take oaths to serve and protect, but unfortunately doctors seem to be driven by the almighty dollar. I guess it can be attributed to the high cost and lengthy investment of time and money in becoming a doctor. The people then have a choice where they want to be treated - and unfortunately some people cannot afford it at all.

No such oath for Doctors that I can think of. Hmm... how about the Hypocratic oath. You know the one where they vow to do no harm? I'd say turning patients away because they can't pay the bill contravenes it but who am I to say?

- Unknown Author

13Top ten signs you might be Canadian Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:04 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm pretty sure doctors in Canada are loaded.

14Top ten signs you might be Canadian Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

True enough. What about lawyers then? Not many people can afford them when they are victimized and they lose because people and companies can afford the best lawyers? The world, or USA, is not fair.

15Top ten signs you might be Canadian Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm pretty sure doctors in Canada are loaded.

They make a lot more money outside of Canada though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum