GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Top ten signs you might be Canadian

+5
PKC
ddt
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Top ten signs you might be Canadian - Page 4 Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:16 am

ddt

Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:I'm not saying I'm not grateful for the system we have. I'm saying the system is not perfect.

Yeah, same here. I know I've done a lot of criticizing, and comparing to the US system. But I'm seriously not advocating moving to a system like that. I like our universal health care, and it wasn't so long ago that it used to be world-class.

47Top ten signs you might be Canadian - Page 4 Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:20 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Last night, I was at my sons Minor Midget game, then he was asked to play for a beer league team because their goalie didn't show up so I stayed for that, then I watched the OTT/WSH on PVR.

Is that Canadian?

48Top ten signs you might be Canadian - Page 4 Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:27 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Last night, I was at my sons Minor Midget game, then he was asked to play for a beer league team because their goalie didn't show up so I stayed for that, then I watched the OTT/WSH on PVR.

Is that Canadian?

Yep. That's what it's all about!

49Top ten signs you might be Canadian - Page 4 Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:53 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I think you screwed up on #3. The foot in the crease was the SCF against Buffalo. So it would go well with "Top ten signs you might be a Buffalonian".

I think you're thinking of "Hull's stick over the shoulder" goal to tie it against Canada, a game the 'Merks went on to win 5-2.

Please hand in your OHIP card, passport and Quickpay Tim card.

The thing is you know about it don't you. It's a big moment in Hockey history. Out side of Buffalo I don't think anyone else, except mmm I don't know Canadians, would remember. Game SET Match.

- Unknown Author

50Top ten signs you might be Canadian - Page 4 Empty Re: Top ten signs you might be Canadian Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:I think you screwed up on #3. The foot in the crease was the SCF against Buffalo. So it would go well with "Top ten signs you might be a Buffalonian".

I think you're thinking of "Hull's stick over the shoulder" goal to tie it against Canada, a game the 'Merks went on to win 5-2.

Please hand in your OHIP card, passport and Quickpay Tim card.

The thing is you know about it don't you. It's a big moment in Hockey history. Out side of Buffalo I don't think anyone else, except mmm I don't know Canadians, would remember. Game SET Match.

I couldn't care less about that goal, to tell you the truth. It was a stupid rule and this was just one of many plays that led to its demise -- ultimately a great thing. Also, the difference would have been Buffalo losing in 5 or maybe having a chance to lose in 6. There is no way they would have won that series.

Now, the over-the-shoulder tip in cost us the lead (and may have cost us the game, who knows). The high-stick rule is not a bad rule. Having your stick over your shoulder is dangerous and unnecessary. It still boggles my mind why they did not call that back. The cross bar is at 4'; Hull is 5'11". The stick was at the level of his chin if not higher. Unless his head is nearly 2' in height, that stick was higher than the cross bar.

Game. Set. Match? That's tennis!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum