GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bruins spank Habs 8-3

+2
PTFlea
Riprock
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Empty Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:43 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wow, great come back victory for Patrice Bergeron... 4 point night. Good to see he is back to his game.

Seeing the Habs get pounded, regardless if it is pre-season or not, is great to see.

2Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Empty Re: Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow - and I wouldn't exactly call the Bs offensive powerhouses - Bergeron or no Bergeron.

Barf. They'd be best served to hit the practice ice tomorrow and get their heads out of their arses. :lol!:

3Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Empty Re: Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:10 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Wow - and I wouldn't exactly call the Bs offensive powerhouses - Bergeron or no Bergeron.

Barf. They'd be best served to hit the practice ice tomorrow and get their heads out of their arses. :lol!:

Well, to be fair, and to put it in perspective, home teams almost always win pre-season games. That's because they ice most or all of their star players for the home crowd, while the away teams put on all their kids to see what they can do. It's a formula designed to please the home crowds and to allow teams to try out their young players. I wouldn't read too much into it.

4Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Empty Re: Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh I realize that - it's nothing at all. Some guys looking for NHL jobs with the Habs might not get that dream realized based on tonight's performace, but I'm in no way saying the Habs won't kick arse when they start assembling their team.

5Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Empty Re: Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:26 pm

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

So by your post im assuming that Boston was home team?? Well I'm not quite sure i agree with your theory. If The Bruins had there "stars dressed than i guess id understand. the following were NOT playing: Lucic, Savard, Chara, Ryder, Wideman, Kobasew. For the Habs: Koivu Kovalev, Markhov. I know they are trying out lines and young guys and stuff but i highly doubt that there is a formula to let the Habs lose by that many goals. But i'm not reading into anything. just pointing out that the B's didn't "Ice all there stars"

6Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Empty Re: Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

WhamBamCam wrote:So by your post im assuming that Boston was home team?? Well I'm not quite sure i agree with your theory. If The Bruins had there "stars dressed than i guess id understand. the following were NOT playing: Lucic, Savard, Chara, Ryder, Wideman, Kobasew. For the Habs: Koivu Kovalev, Markhov. I know they are trying out lines and young guys and stuff but i highly doubt that there is a formula to let the Habs lose by that many goals. But i'm not reading into anything. just pointing out that the B's didn't "Ice all there stars"

No Savard or Chara? Damn. The Bergeron and Sturm show. Good beginning for the Bs for sure.

7Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Empty Re: Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:11 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great return for Bergeron for sure! Kudos!!
Can't wait to see more of him this season!

8Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Empty Re: Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:45 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

WhamBamCam wrote:So by your post im assuming that Boston was home team?? Well I'm not quite sure i agree with your theory. If The Bruins had there "stars dressed than i guess id understand. the following were NOT playing: Lucic, Savard, Chara, Ryder, Wideman, Kobasew. For the Habs: Koivu Kovalev, Markhov. I know they are trying out lines and young guys and stuff but i highly doubt that there is a formula to let the Habs lose by that many goals. But i'm not reading into anything. just pointing out that the B's didn't "Ice all there stars"

Yep, Boston was the home team:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Recap&gameNumber=5&season=20082009&gameType=1

The 'home team wins' theory is pretty bang on. Look at last night's results: 8 games, 6 of them won by the home team (4 of those by multiple goals), the other 2 by the away teams (both by 1 one goal, and 1 in the SO). I can almost guarantee you'll never see a home team get trounced like MTL was last night in BOS, and that's because coaches dress the stars at home (for the most part) instead of on the road.

I can't discuss who was/wasn't on the ice during the MTL/BOS game because I didn't see it and NHL.com isn't providing the rosters. All I know is, when I don't see Kovalev, A. Kostitsyn, Markov, and Price mentioned anywhere in the game write-up, I'm thinking they didn't play... and those are all top-end guys for MTL.

Still, no Chara, Wideman, or Savard, as you say... wow.

But it's the Baby B's, plus a few stars, beating up the Baby Habs, plus a few stars. Pre-season is useless for evaluating where your team stands -- although it certainly does help to get a sense of where individual players stand.

9Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Empty Re: Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:59 am

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

I know Pre season is for evaluation and to give those players a chance to show there stuff and determines whether certain players make a roster spot. If Boston was the home team then they messed up royally becasue it was by far a majority PRO Hab crowd. Tanguay,plekanec, A. Kost, S. Kost all played. No Price. Bergeron,Sturm,Kessel all played for Bruins. So i guess the Bruins 2nd tier stars were better than the Habs 2nd tier stars. I hear Fernandez looked a bit shaky. which is expected i guess.

But IMO anytime the almighty Habs get a smackdown its a great day. whether it be by the Bruins, leafs, ducks, fans, random street trash..i'll take it...You know, they already have the trophy case open just waiting for the season to end. Becasue its MON 100 th year they are just gonna give them Stanley this year. been all over the news. no sense playing this year cause Habs already won. as i puke in my mouth...

10Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Empty Re: Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:07 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

WhamBamCam wrote:I know Pre season is for evaluation and to give those players a chance to show there stuff and determines whether certain players make a roster spot. If Boston was the home team then they messed up royally becasue it was by far a majority PRO Hab crowd. Tanguay,plekanec, A. Kost, S. Kost all played. No Price. Bergeron,Sturm,Kessel all played for Bruins. So i guess the Bruins 2nd tier stars were better than the Habs 2nd tier stars. I hear Fernandez looked a bit shaky. which is expected i guess.

But IMO anytime the almighty Habs get a smackdown its a great day. whether it be by the Bruins, leafs, ducks, fans, random street trash..i'll take it...You know, they already have the trophy case open just waiting for the season to end. Becasue its MON 100 th year they are just gonna give them Stanley this year. been all over the news. no sense playing this year cause Habs already won. as i puke in my mouth...

I'd laugh harder if it wasn't true... LOL

11Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Empty Re: Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:04 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I had the biggest smile on my face when I saw the boxscore from last night.

And just to clarify, you can hardly call Boston the home team- the game was in Halifax, and it was probably full of Habs fans.

And while Habs fans will say they didn't have their biggest stars playing- this is hardly an excuse. How many times have we heard Habs fans quack about 'how deep their cupboard is' and how strong their farm is, blah blah. We'll be fine for many years to come. If this is any indication- I think maybe the Habs are getting a little ignorant to their own system. They got outplayed last night severely- outshot 42-19! While I can't comment on anything else, because the stats provided are minimal- from a statistical point of view, this game looked like a wash.

Speaking of which- pretty impressed with our boys in the big apple last night- Losing by a small margin without Spezz, Fisher, Heatley, Alfie, Gerber, and others in the lineup and playing against almost a full NYR team- Redden, Lundqvist, Naslund, Gomez all played.

12Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Empty Re: Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:27 pm

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

I agree Jordo, I can see Roony's example of home team icing stars in the game with Sens and Rags. They wee actually at home were they not? but when it is a pre season game in a totally different city where either team resides i find it to be totally neutral ground.

13Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Empty Re: Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

WhamBam:

I hear Wheeler is a hit in Beantown. What's your thoughts on this?

14Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Empty Re: Bruins spank Habs 8-3 Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:54 pm

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

So far so good, he is making a big impression. So is Rask!!!! I say we pull a Montreal this year. Bring up Rask later in year, Trade Fernandez and Timmy becomes BU. Then the almighty Rask will compete with Price the God..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum