GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Habs and their Misery

+3
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Habs and their Misery Empty The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:59 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

How long will it take this franchise to get back to being contenders again?

This is a team that thought they would make the Finals this year and win the Cup...Oh how very wrong they were.

The season is far from over, but this team is tanking just like the Sens tanked last season.

Now it is apparent that they have some serious issues in the dressing room, amongst other places.

This is an interesting article.
http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hockey/2009/02/19/8447106-sun.html

2The Habs and their Misery Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Habs have legitimate prospects. That's about it.

3The Habs and their Misery Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:05 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

If the habs do free fall into senators land of last year they will be better suited then us. They have way better prospects. It could take them sometime cause they have alot of UFA's and some important one's. It will be good to see what the Hab's do. Hopefully alot of mistakes and this franchise's sucks for a long time.

4The Habs and their Misery Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Way better prospects? Let's see about that. They'll lose Kovalev, possibly Tanguay, Plekanic, possibly Komisarek and replace them with who? I'll tell you for a fact that no UFAs want to go there - like us last summer.

5The Habs and their Misery Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

McDonagh is good, Maxwell? Pacioretty, D'Agostini. These are good, Subban is fun as well, but let's not go overboard.

6The Habs and their Misery Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Their best prospects are playing with the big club. PK has a cool name (although it should be PP) and should help their powerplay. But the only forwards they have signed for next year are the Kostitsyn brothers, Laraque and Lapierre; the only D-men they have signed are Markov, Hamrlik, Georges and O'Byrne. Has Hamrlik been living up to his nearly-$6M contract? Not lately. Unless Gainey is the genius they all think he is, that team is not making the playoffs next year (and they may very well miss this year). Gainey just might get fired before all this is over.

7The Habs and their Misery Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah Prager, Hamrlik sucks as well.

8The Habs and their Misery Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:56 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MOUHAHAHAHAHA!! This is ALL going according to plan! SUCK HABS!!! Mail it in this season. Silence the OLE's for a bit.

9The Habs and their Misery Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They have no right the EVER Ole again. EVER.

Ole squirrel

10The Habs and their Misery Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:01 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:They have no right the EVER Ole again. EVER.

Ole squirrel

So very true. I haven't heard an Ole in a while. hehehe

11The Habs and their Misery Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
504Heater wrote:They have no right the EVER Ole again. EVER.

Ole squirrel

So very true. I haven't heard an Ole in a while. hehehe

Strange how that works. Habs fans have the arrogance market cornered.

12The Habs and their Misery Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe it's better that Price is getting fat. More of him to block the shots that go upstairs (and there a lot that go upstairs).

13The Habs and their Misery Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:04 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I don't know many of their prospects, so I can't really comment on them.

Did you hear about how this whole Kovalev getting benched went down?

14The Habs and their Misery Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Strange how that works. Habs fans have the arrogance market cornered.

That's why I hate them so much I guess. I can't really figure it out. I don't even mind TO that much right now. It's all about the Habs, I hate them. Hate, I say.

15The Habs and their Misery Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I don't know many of their prospects, so I can't really comment on them.

Did you hear about how this whole Kovalev getting benched went down?

Because he hates Carbo? Or is it something more (he sucks a little too)?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum