GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Habs and their Misery

+3
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16The Habs and their Misery - Page 2 Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:04 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

I don't know many of their prospects, so I can't really comment on them.

Did you hear about how this whole Kovalev getting benched went down?

17The Habs and their Misery - Page 2 Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:04 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Strange how that works. Habs fans have the arrogance market cornered.

That's why I hate them so much I guess. I can't really figure it out. I don't even mind TO that much right now. It's all about the Habs, I hate them. Hate, I say.

18The Habs and their Misery - Page 2 Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:05 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I don't know many of their prospects, so I can't really comment on them.

Because he hates Carbo? Or is it something more (he sucks a little too)?

19The Habs and their Misery - Page 2 Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was a Habs fan before the Senators came into existence. It was never this bad. The legacy and tradition just came naturally. Now it's either forced or copied from other places. A soccer chant? Embarassing.

20The Habs and their Misery - Page 2 Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Umm, do we even have Habs fans on this board? The bad ones, I mean?

21The Habs and their Misery - Page 2 Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Me too SSF, I was a huge Habs fan as well.

22The Habs and their Misery - Page 2 Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:11 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Umm, do we even have Habs fans on this board? The bad ones, I mean?

If we did we wouldn't see them right now. They would be Habs fans and disappear when the going is bad. And be omnipresent and obnoxious when things are good.

23The Habs and their Misery - Page 2 Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:24 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I was a Habs fan before the Senators came into existence. It was never this bad. The legacy and tradition just came naturally. Now it's either forced or copied from other places. A soccer chant? Embarassing.

THANK YOU!! I despise that soccer chant!!

I had a great upbringing personally, where I was a leafs fan for the most part as a young child, but my mothers side of the family are born and bred Quebec'ers so I was also introduced to the Habs and their traditions and such and back in the day, they were a great thing, as were the leafs to an extent as well, but as Sens fans we complain about our local media, but man oh man, the montreal media are BRUTAL and some arrogant and ignorant fans are truly giving the modest and level-headed Habs a terrible name.

24The Habs and their Misery - Page 2 Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:27 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I don't know many of their prospects, so I can't really comment on them.

Because he hates Carbo? Or is it something more (he sucks a little too)?

Weird, I replied before and it didn't take.

He told a Russian Reporter that he doesn't like the way the younger kids are being handled. They're going out every night, getting drunk, partying etc.etc. (sound familiar?) Nobody has done a thing about it until now.

That's why he was sent home. He bad mouthed the team.

Haven't these players learned yet to stop talking?

25The Habs and their Misery - Page 2 Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:31 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Deep down Stargate, he was sent home because of his comments, yes, but also because now the Habs PR machine has to run with this and immediately go into DC mode (damage control) and the fact is, it's too late. The photos and rumors are already running rampant and now, it would seem that the Habs dirty secret(s) and laundry is now out there for EVERYONE to see and discuss.

26The Habs and their Misery - Page 2 Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
He told a Russian Reporter that he doesn't like the way the younger kids are being handled. They're going out every night, getting drunk, partying etc.etc. (sound familiar?) Nobody has done a thing about it until now.

Screw that. Kovalev is being blamed for everything, so he said to Carbo and Koivu a million times what was happening (he's seen it before) and they wouldn't listen.

That team is franked. Look at Fat Price. Everyone knew he needed to make that save to win the game - or needed to make a save in the SO - and he couldn't. Call it what you want, but look who just bear Carey Price...Jose Theodore. That sums it all up IMO.

27The Habs and their Misery - Page 2 Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:40 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Screw that. Kovalev is being blamed for everything, so he said to Carbo and Koivu a million times what was happening (he's seen it before) and they wouldn't listen.

That team is franked. Look at Fat Price. Everyone knew he needed to make that save to win the game - or needed to make a save in the SO - and he couldn't. Call it what you want, but look who just bear Carey Price...Jose Theodore. That sums it all up IMO.

He is the next Theodore, I'm convinced of it. The next Thedore without the Hart Trophy and Vezina.

28The Habs and their Misery - Page 2 Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:42 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

To add to this thread,

Lafleur has harsh words for Carbonneau and the organization he so dearly loves.

He went as far as to say that the Habs WILL NOT make the playoffs this year and it will be a catastrophic event, if that does indeed happen on their 100th anniversary.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=267802&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

Lafleur -

"Carbonneau is operating like he has four (equal) lines, they play 1-2-3-4 every night. You just can't do it. Even if the fourth line was the best one that night - they have to play to give the others a chance to relax, but your best players, let them play 25, 28 minutes a game if they can," Lafleur told the Gazette.

"(Carbonneau) won't change his style. He should have done that before Christmas, even from the beginning of the season," he explained newspaper. "Give your best players the ice time they need to play well, to get their confidence back, to prove to the organization what they can do."

Lafleur went on to say he does not think the Canadiens will make the playoffs and said it would be "catastrophic" if they missed out in the team's the 100th anniversary.

29The Habs and their Misery - Page 2 Empty Re: The Habs and their Misery Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:04 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

He is the next Theodore, I'm convinced of it. The next Thedore without the Hart Trophy and Vezina.

Is Paris Hilton in the plan too?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum