GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Habs targeting Despres?

+3
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Cronie
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Habs targeting Despres? Empty Habs targeting Despres? Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

An interesting rumor surfaced on Montreal radio earlier this morning, where Gainey (or whoever may be replacing him LOL ) is interested in trading to move up in the draft in the hopes of snagging the BEST French-Canadian player available in the first-round, Saint John Sea Dogs D-Man Simon Despres.

Being a fan of this kid as he plays for one of our local teams, I must say, I wouldn't be surprised if the Habs make a play to snag him; but considering how well this kid moves with his frame (6 foot 4; 212 lbs approx.) is astounding. His skating is fluid and he has grit and leadership to spare. Deep-down, I kind of hope Murray takes an interest too, as he could do WONDERFUL things for whoever snags him down the road.

2Habs targeting Despres? Empty Re: Habs targeting Despres? Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why would they move up to do that though? They'll be in the 17 area - and the drop off in talent between a Depres and guys going to be in their area should be very slight apparently.

3Habs targeting Despres? Empty Re: Habs targeting Despres? Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Despres is a little too French for Montreal. Montreal radio should look at US High Schools and the USHL for their next 1st round pick.

4Habs targeting Despres? Empty Re: Habs targeting Despres? Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:08 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I totally agree Heater, and in a way I'm not advocating for them to do this, nor am I saying they will do this 100%; just throwing what I heard on the radio.

And really, assuming the fan base is yelling for them to draft another French-Canadian, then it a way it makes sense, but mark my words, this Despres kid is a gem... He will greatly enhance the blueline of whoever selects him.

5Habs targeting Despres? Empty Re: Habs targeting Despres? Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It would be a solid pick, but I question if they would be doing it for the right reasons.

6Habs targeting Despres? Empty Re: Habs targeting Despres? Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:20 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronie wrote:I totally agree Heater, and in a way I'm not advocating for them to do this, nor am I saying they will do this 100%; just throwing what I heard on the radio.

And really, assuming the fan base is yelling for them to draft another French-Canadian, then it a way it makes sense, but mark my words, this Despres kid is a gem... He will greatly enhance the blueline of whoever selects him.

I started listening to Habs call-in shows some 20 years ago and the very players the fans yell for end up getting run out of town.

J.J. Daigneault, Sneaky Pete Turgeon, Vinny Damphousse... it goes on and on.

US High School, USHL, USA Hockey Under-18 that's where the Habs draft.

7Habs targeting Despres? Empty Re: Habs targeting Despres? Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:21 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cronie wrote:I totally agree Heater, and in a way I'm not advocating for them to do this, nor am I saying they will do this 100%; just throwing what I heard on the radio.

I started listening to Habs call-in shows some 20 years ago and the very players the fans yell for end up getting run out of town.

J.J. Daigneault, Sneaky Pete Turgeon, Vinny Damphousse... it goes on and on.

US High School, USHL, USA Hockey Under-18 that's where the Habs draft.

the habs monopoly on the franchophone players ended about 20 years ago or more did it not? figured that was a 60's/70's thing.

8Habs targeting Despres? Empty Re: Habs targeting Despres? Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:06 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

They should draft a big canadian forward instead. Kassian could be available, if they want their Lucic.

9Habs targeting Despres? Empty Re: Habs targeting Despres? Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:04 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:It would be a solid pick, but I question if they would be doing it for the right reasons.

Still a solid pick. The type of player the Habs could use.

Although I'm sure it's not purely coincidencidental they're interested in him.

10Habs targeting Despres? Empty Re: Habs targeting Despres? Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:31 am

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

marakh wrote:They should draft a big canadian forward instead. Kassian could be available, if they want their Lucic.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i want a lucic, draft a skilled russian montreal

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum