GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Stats...wants and desires

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NHL Stats...wants and desires Empty NHL Stats...wants and desires Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:58 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

I won't bore you all with the details but I set out on a mission a long time ago to see about getting more enhanced stats. I know NHL.com uses the stats machine but you can only see the stats page by page and I was looking at collecting all that data and then putting out meaningfull information.

Things like trending for road wins, losses. When key players are in or out of the lineup and how that affects things. When a team takes a lot of penalties keeping their better players off the ice how does that affect the outcome of a game.

Anyway, LLC is who distributes the stats in the US and in Canada it's the Canadian Press. To get access to their database is 500.00 a month. I think I've found a way to get all the data from the NHL.com site, thinks like face off percentage, time on ice, hits, blocked shots...etc.

So my question to all of you, is once I put this into effect

A) would you use that data if it were available over the net
B) what sort of reports would you want to see, IE How often does Ottawa win the 3rd game of a west coast road trip.

Devo

2NHL Stats...wants and desires Empty Re: NHL Stats...wants and desires Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:04 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I personally wouldn't mind little updates with interesting tid bits but other than that it doesn't interest me personally.

- Unknown Author

3NHL Stats...wants and desires Empty Re: NHL Stats...wants and desires Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:I won't bore you all with the details but I set out on a mission a long time ago to see about getting more enhanced stats. I know NHL.com uses the stats machine but you can only see the stats page by page and I was looking at collecting all that data and then putting out meaningfull information.

Things like trending for road wins, losses. When key players are in or out of the lineup and how that affects things. When a team takes a lot of penalties keeping their better players off the ice how does that affect the outcome of a game.

Anyway, LLC is who distributes the stats in the US and in Canada it's the Canadian Press. To get access to their database is 500.00 a month. I think I've found a way to get all the data from the NHL.com site, thinks like face off percentage, time on ice, hits, blocked shots...etc.

So my question to all of you, is once I put this into effect

A) would you use that data if it were available over the net
B) what sort of reports would you want to see, IE How often does Ottawa win the 3rd game of a west coast road trip.

Devo

I would literally use that resource ALL THE TIME. I love stats and there are often stats I look for on NHL.com that aren't there. Specific stats.

4NHL Stats...wants and desires Empty Re: NHL Stats...wants and desires Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ideally I would like to see the Senators and their players at the top of most stats columns.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum