GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Sat. Nov. 20th, 2009: Sens win 5-3 PLUS post game thoughts

+14
SensHulk
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Sens19
PTFlea
LeCaptain
PKC
Hayden
wprager
SensGirl11
SDH89
shabbs
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Sens19 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Next up for the Sens are the Caps. They just got beat by the Leafs (in SO) and have lost 2 in a row. They're gonna be hungry.

Hey if the Habs and Leafs can beat them, there is no reason we can't

Granted, the Leafs are riding the incredibly hot goaltending of Vesa Toskala. The win last night gave him his second in only ten months.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I like winning streaks. Has a good ring to it. I'm concerned, however, facing the Caps. They're going to be hungry for a win.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I like winning streaks. Has a good ring to it. I'm concerned, however, facing the Caps. They're going to be hungry for a win.
i'd like to think that our last few games might have instilled some confidence and will translate unto the ice. i think that's when we played at our best. Alfie didn't feel like he had to play for eveyone else. fisher is deffinetely playing with more confidence and is shooting at the net way more. spezza is just playing well and isn't showing the same bad plays of the past 2 years so i would say we could take it.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

When is Volchie coming back?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Did I hear mid-week? My guess would be Thursday.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Originally supposed to be Saturday before the set back. Any chance he's only slipped 2 days from that initial prognosis? If he's close, we could use him against the Caps. Shooting the puck isn't A-Train's strong suit anyway, so tape it up, put a brace on it, whatever.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If A-train isn't back then it's not because he doesn't want to just suck it up and play. He's got to be in some serious pain and discomfort to keep him out of the lineup. He's a freakin' tank.

Obviously we're not hurtin' too bad without him. The Sens have been able to shut down Crosby and Malkin (except for his one meaningless PP goal of course) so I have faith they can at least contain AO. I mean if the Leafs can do it why not us?

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Originally supposed to be Saturday before the set back. Any chance he's only slipped 2 days from that initial prognosis? If he's close, we could use him against the Caps. Shooting the puck isn't A-Train's strong suit anyway, so tape it up, put a brace on it, whatever.
They updated his progress last week and indicated they hoped he'd be back mid this week. So that would be any of Tue/Wed/Thur. We play the Devils on Wednesday so perhaps that will be his return. Who knows. We'll see if he's even skating with the team today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum