GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 2:00pm EST - Sat. Nov. 14th, 2009 PLUS! post-game thoughts...

+13
PKC
caissie_1
Riprock
Vandelay
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SDH89
asq2
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 16]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Man, what is with our PP?

NOthing, those were good PPs. a goal away from greatness.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Dash wrote:I thought the commentators said that Picard needed to and didn't commit to either puck or pass?
That was Campoli on the 2-on-1.

No it wasnt, Campoli pinched in.
Hmmm... then Picard blew that 2-on-1...

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Kelly just made Redden look silly.

shabbs wrote:
N4L wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Dash wrote:I thought the commentators said that Picard needed to and didn't commit to either puck or pass?

Good luck to any defenseman in the leauge with Gaborik controlling the puck on a 2 on 1, let alone Picard. Im not claiming he couldnt have played it better then he did, but they would make just about anyone look that bad.

That goal was 100% on Campoli.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:
shabbs wrote:
N4L wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Good luck to any defenseman in the leauge with Gaborik controlling the puck on a 2 on 1, let alone Picard. Im not claiming he couldnt have played it better then he did, but they would make just about anyone look that bad.

That goal was 100% on Campoli.
Well, he stood in no-man's land and didn't take the pass away or a player... so basically, like he wasn't there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Same thing every single solitary time we play these guys (or anyone with a good goalie). Soooo close, but so far away. It's soooo frustrating.

Ya. again, it was arguably the most dangerous shooter in the league controlling the puck and he actually passed... Picard could have very well read shot and tried to get in front of him a bit. He looked bad but Gaborik's done that to just about every D man in the league at some point.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There have been good and bad plays by both Picard and Campoli, but I like Campoli's game a lot better when he's paired with Phillips. Nice puck movement up the middle and through the neutral zone.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:Same thing every single solitary time we play these guys (or anyone with a good goalie). Soooo close, but so far away. It's soooo frustrating.

Don't fret...they're playing well and sticking to the game plan...you'll see, we'll get an ugly one in the third.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:Ya. again, it was arguably the most dangerous shooter in the league controlling the puck and he actually passed... Picard could have very well read shot and tried to get in front of him a bit. He looked bad but Gaborik's done that to just about every D man in the league at some point.
Yeah, it's nearly impossible with Gaborik at the helm, but at least give Elliott a chance.

SpezDispenser wrote:There have been good and bad plays by both Picard and Campoli, but I like Campoli's game a lot better when he's paired with Phillips. Nice puck movement up the middle and through the neutral zone.

Campoli cost The Sens on the winning goal against NJ and cost them today. Two of the last 4 goals at home have been on Campoli (the last 2), he's a dumb hockey player. Picard is no where near that bad and has played no where near as poorly as Campoli has all year.

I dont care if you hate Picard or not but Campoli has been the worst D man on this team the entire year. He makes bad/stupid plays all the time, doesnt provide any offense, and is a huge liability in his own zone.

Picard makes his mistakes but he has been good most of the year and again, his production is head and shoulders above Campoli's at this point.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Games like that are very frustrating, other than Campoli everyone is playing the way they should and yet we still can't get past the Rangers. We were complaining about not getting enough PP chances well we got them and they were good except stupid Henrik gets to everything!!

Also, Campoli has officially replaced Lee's place in my most hated hockey players list.

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, short of that silly shortie we gave up, I think we're doing ok. Just gotta keep plugging at it, keep the pressure on and stay focused. Make safe plays... I've noticed a few times the puck just seemed to be thrown somewhere with no plan and it ended up on a Rangers stick.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We've outshot them 26-16 so far...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wow... our PK has dropped to #15 from #1... missing Volchie says what?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hats please....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nice PK there...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Fisher is certainly a man on a mission this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum