GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Philadelphia Flyers - 7:00pm EST - Thu. Nov. 12th, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts

+17
Hockeyhero22000
Bramlet07
PKC
Sens19
rooneypoo
Urkie
jamvan
SDH89
PTFlea
SensGirl11
beedub
Vandelay
KidKarlsson
LeCaptain
wprager
Flo The Action
shabbs
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 21]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:What are you talking about?

Volchenkov for Campbell is a win for the 'Hawks in every respect.

Of course they'd have to take Cheechoo.

Even then, I wouldn't consider it.

Yeah really, I proposed a trade where Sharp would be involved - and he should be if A-Train is in there.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:What are you talking about?

Volchenkov for Campbell is a win for the 'Hawks in every respect.

Of course they'd have to take Cheechoo.

Even then, I wouldn't consider it.

Yeah really, I proposed a trade where Sharp would be involved - and he should be if A-Train is in there.

no what i'm talking about is salary. and as far as cheechoo i know everyone is ready to give up on him but what other foward is ready to take his place in the system? i think cheechoo will net 20 this season, you lose him even with cambell it's not like kovalev is suddently gonna wake-up. at least cheechoo is out there trying 100%. seriously i don't think we can part with any foward unless we have some offencive fowards coming back that can score. and volchie for cambell doesn't work for ottawa money wise. that's what i'm talking about.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
no what i'm talking about is salary. and as far as cheechoo i know everyone is ready to give up on him but what other foward is ready to take his place in the system? i think cheechoo will net 20 this season, you lose him even with cambell it's not like kovalev is suddently gonna wake-up. at least cheechoo is out there trying 100%. seriously i don't think we can part with any foward unless we have some offencive fowards coming back that can score. and volchie for cambell doesn't work for ottawa money wise. that's what i'm talking about.

That would be the time to just put in Shannon on a regular basis, taking over Cheechoo's role in the top 9, elevating Foligno to top 6 and hope for an increase in production from Foligno. Or sub in Winchester for Cheechoo - I understand though what you're saying in that respect - we'd lose some goals for sure.

As for Kovalev, I think he might wake up if we get a guy who can move the puck like Campbell. How many times did guys like Streit, Markov etc. send him in on 2 on 1s or breakaways. This guy Kovalev...he likes the float around a bit at center, just waiting for a pass. That's his issue and it's also his blessing, because he has that innate ability to finish a play, although we haven't been witness to that this year. With an amazing outlet passer like Campbell, his production would go up substantially IMO. Everyone's would, but specifically him, Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek. The guys with finish.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think Kovalev needs someone to pass him the puck, more like the other way. How many times I've seen him look for someone and yet nobody is available for one timers. That was one thing ANdrei Kostitsyn did great.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:I don't think Kovalev needs someone to pass him the puck, more like the other way. How many times I've seen him look for someone and yet nobody is available for one timers. That was one thing ANdrei Kostitsyn did great.

Well after that set up to Cheechoo maybe he'll start going to him more. Cheechoo can shoot -- you don't score 56 in this league without that ability, I don't care how good Thornton is. Also, Cheechoo is not afraid to go for the net. It may take him a little longer to get there (what's with his skating?) but he does go for it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not to fuel the fire, but is Chris Pronger better than our entire D core?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Not to fuel the fire, but is Chris Pronger better than our entire D core?

No.

Volchie and Philips combined defensively + Lee's skating, Kuba's poise and PIcard's shot; we put that in one guy and we're laughing... maybe.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Lee just bought himself a few more games every time he scores....

1-0 Yeah!!!!!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LEE!

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Haha shabbs you did the same as me... Wrong game day!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mother Diddler.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm gonna post here too...

Super fluffing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:No.

Volchie and Philips combined defensively + Lee's skating, Kuba's poise and PIcard's shot; we put that in one guy and we're laughing... maybe.

I think if you put all that together you get Chris Pronger.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:No.

I think if you put all that together you get Chris Pronger.

You'd still be missing the mean streak and the choirboy looks that make the refs looke the other way on the elbows.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum