GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New Jersey Devils @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Sat. Nov. 7th, 2009 plus post game thoughts

+19
Flo The Action
sidstu
davetherave
smash88
Hayden
Hoags
Urkie
caissie_1
Vandelay
asq2
Sens19
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
LeCaptain
strachattack
PKC
Riprock
wprager
shabbs
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, apparently.

sidstu wrote:he doesn't even deserve a cooment--he is an embarassment to the game of hockey--thats what i'm saying

Are you related to N4L? He isn't around today because he is dealing with his diabeeties...

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

shabbs--you can spin whatever you want ---the problem is i didn't forget b/c if i forgot maybe i would relax on him a little--like i said he only 80 plus points 2 or 3 times in his 17 years in the NHL--he is the most overrated player in the league and 60k a game is 60k to much for him

amd by the way your own radio brodcasters were saying that about him yesterday after the game--how do i know this--1) i was at the game and 2) i was also listening to the radio

his agent is a genious to be able to get him that mcuh money

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:shabbs--you can spin whatever you want ---the problem is i didn't forget b/c if i forgot maybe i would relax on him a little--like i said he only 80 plus points 2 or 3 times in his 17 years in the NHL--he is the most overrated player in the league and 60k a game is 60k to much for him

amd by the way your own radio brodcasters were saying that about him yesterday after the game--how do i know this--1) i was at the game and 2) i was also listening to the radio

In your eyes, Kovalev is good for nothing at all? I don't understand. Surely a Montreal fan would have some fond memories of him?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sidstu wrote:shabbs--you can spin whatever you want ---the problem is i didn't forget b/c if i forgot maybe i would relax on him a little--like i said he only 80 plus points 2 or 3 times in his 17 years in the NHL--he is the most overrated player in the league and 60k a game is 60k to much for him

I only gave it a tiny spin... suggesting that Habs fans tend to downplay accomplishments of players that leave their team. You did say he hit those milestones only with Pitt, which was incorrect. He had one 80+ point season with Pitt and one 80+ point season with Montreal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of Kovalev's and was not happy with the signing at all. I'm still hoping he surprises me since I have no control on that, but so far, he has not and is pretty much exactly what I expected.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

spezdispenser--yeah i got memories--disappointing/frustrating memories--all the talent in the world and he only uses it when he wants too--get ready to be frustrated--thats all i got to say about him

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

shabbs--i hear you--i just get frustrated with any player not just him that has talent and if they only put more heart into it they can help their team get to another level

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:spezdispenser--yeah i got memories--disappointing/frustrating memories--all the talent in the world and he only uses it when he wants too--get ready to be frustrated--thats all i got to say about him

I can see that happening, yeah. However, I still maintain that he creates a lot of extra room for his line mates because opponents are scared to death of him. But yes, I was hoping for more production - and I still am - but I probably shouldn't hold my breath.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sidstu wrote:80 points--he has been in the league for 17 years i believe and he only got 80 points 2 or 3 times ands thats with the glory years in pittsberg

whatever--he is a guy that only works when he wants to--

he is probably the most overrated hockey player in the league--he is the defintion of the ""what could be or what if" arguement

Over rated? Why? What is his rating? I think we all knew what we were getting, that's what all that groaning and primal screaming was about. Some of us just chose to be optimistic and hope that he would have a season like he did two years ago more than like last season. We also hoped that the supporting cast in Ottawa would be better than the one in Montreal.

Still early. Plus, if motivation is all that separates him from being a frustrating player and an exciting player, maybe we should be a little harder on Clouston. I'm being about half serious, by the way. Part of a coach's job is motivation. Perhaps there's something he hasn't tried yet.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

wll i'll be the 1st to say that if clouston can get him to play hard every game he should be coach of the decade, not year

also--you guys can AK if you want--i would trade him for a bag of pucks

what do you think of Halak's agent going on twitter and posting price's overall record after the habs lost--it caused a major rise in hab fans--i never never saw an agent to that but i love it--the more chaos the better b/c i want managment changes in montreal asap

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think that was about as classy a move as Heatley's agents pulled this spring (leaking the trade request) and summer (leaking the Oilers players in the busted trade).

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

wprager--i figured you would say that

let me ask you this--did heatley get what he wanted?--i guess he did right--who do you think did that for him--his agent(thats his job--get the most for your client at all costs)--maybe you should check halak's agent's client list and than ask yourself does he know what he is doing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum