GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schneider about to be a King?

+6
jamvan
PKC
shabbs
Riprock
AlfieforPM
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Schneider about to be a King? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider about to be a King? Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:21 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

I think this deal will be quite similar to the one we saw between Florida and Toronto. Schneider's price tag is too exorbitant, and no one really 'needs' him, it appears. I could see a bad salary going Anaheim's way, and then Schneider and a pick going LA's way. Although I do have to say, these divisional dealings are starting to become more commonplace. Or maybe, just even the idea of them.

17Schneider about to be a King? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider about to be a King? Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:29 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, the most logical thing would see Burke trade Schneider for Armstrong and then send Armstrong down to the minors to clear his salary from the cap, giving him the space he needs to sign Selanne and have the buffer he needs.

18Schneider about to be a King? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider about to be a King? Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:34 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

that does seem Logical... But will it go down logically, who knows?!?! LOL

Am I the only one that is kind of hoping this burns Burke? LOL

19Schneider about to be a King? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider about to be a King? Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:35 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronenbergfan wrote:that does seem Logical... But will it go down logically, who knows?!?! LOL

HA! I'd like to see him get burned... but this is Burke. I'd be surprised.

20Schneider about to be a King? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider about to be a King? Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:41 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:that does seem Logical... But will it go down logically, who knows?!?! LOL

I agree, that's probably what will happen.

As for Burke: it already has burned him.

Man, when I look at all the awful decisions he's made in the last 2-3 years -- signing Bertuzzi for $4 mil only to buy him out the next year, losing Penner because he gave that money to Bertuzzi, giving Bryzgalov away for nothing, letting Niedermayer take control the destiny of the team and put it in this position in the first place, spending too much too fast without having any back-up plans, waiving Schneider and now facing the prospect of taking on a crap contract and/or giving up a good asset just to get rid of him -- am I missing anything? -- I'm salivating at the prospect that he'll become the Leafs GM next year. He'll set that franchise back another 10 years in 2-3 seasons!

21Schneider about to be a King? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider about to be a King? Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:43 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:I agree, that's probably what will happen.

Man, when I look at all the awful decisions he's made in the last 2-3 years -- signing Bertuzzi for $4 mil only to buy him out the next year, losing Penner because he gave that money to Bertuzzi, giving Bryzgalov away for nothing, letting Niedermayer take control the destiny of the team and put it in this position in the first place, spending too much too fast without having any back-up plans, waiving Schneider and now facing the prospect of taking on a crap contract and/or giving up a good asset just to get rid of him -- am I missing anything? -- I'm salivating at the prospect that he'll become the Leafs GM next year. He'll set that franchise back another 10 years in 2-3 seasons!
Nice summary of Burke's mis-steps. Ahhh... Bryan Murray he is not.

Wink

22Schneider about to be a King? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider about to be a King? Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Strickland says that there's now a second team involved - an Eastern Conference team (insert barfing here).

I've heard it's the Coyotes.

I hope it's the Yotes, I don't want an Eastern C. team getting him.

23Schneider about to be a King? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider about to be a King? Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:24 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:Strickland says that there's now a second team involved - an Eastern Conference team (insert barfing here).

Pitt?

24Schneider about to be a King? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider about to be a King? Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
504Heater wrote:Strickland says that there's now a second team involved - an Eastern Conference team (insert barfing here).

Pitt?

If the injuries to Whitney and Gonchar are that bad, they're dead. It would be Boston or the Isles, but I can't see how Boston can make that happen without shipping out Fernandez.

The Isles can do it without any problems, but if I were them I'd be thinking about Hedman or Tavares. Toronto has a decent team, Atlanta and the Isles suck like vacuums. The one WITHOUT Schneider has the best chance of getting 1st overall obviously.

25Schneider about to be a King? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider about to be a King? Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe Toronto? They seem to have a crush on bringing in Burke, and they don't care about salaries that are only tied to a one-year contract. Could be the Ducks would let them have Burke sooner rather than later, if they agree to take on Schneider.

A Win-Win ... for the Ducks.

26Schneider about to be a King? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider about to be a King? Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:26 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:I agree, that's probably what will happen.

Nice summary of Burke's mis-steps. Ahhh... Bryan Murray he is not.

Wink

To all those who questioned who was responsible for creating the Cup-winning Ducks team (Burke or Murray), I think we can clearly declare a winner now, no?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum