GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The 'I was wrong' Thread - Alexander Picard

+7
asq2
LeCaptain
shabbs
Hoags
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Led the team in icetime for the last 2 games, has been quite sound in his own zone, limited confusion and mistakes that we saw a plethora of last year. It's early, but he's a candidate for the old crow-eating.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pleasant surprise for me too. Unpleasant surprise on Campoli's part. I know some say he was a stop gap but to give up a 1st for him doesn't make sense if that's true.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You're a bigger man for admitting you were wrong, SD. Hear that, Neely?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Him and Carkner are good candidates for a crow eating.

Still, BM has some decisions to make.

Assuming A-train, Phillips, Kuba and Karlsson will form our D-core for the future, it leaves 2 spots for:

Cowen, Carkner, Picard, Campoli, Lee

And Cowen will most likely be here next year.

A few people will have to go.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kuba's NTC expires after this season, I think. With Cowen here (and Wiercioch, possibly, as well) we don't need Kuba. We would save cap space and could get a nice return.

I am still not sold on Picard, I am a hater, I know. He has still made mistakes despite ice-time, +/- etc... I will try to come to a place where I accept him. I am not off to buy a '45' jersey anytime soon.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezD eatin' some crow. Ha ha.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:SpezD eatin' some crow. Ha ha.

I'm still nervous that this is all a happy aberration and that he'll revert to sucking again, but...fingers crossed.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The 'I was wrong' Thread - Alexander Picard Eating_CrowThe 'I was wrong' Thread - Alexander Picard Eating_Crow

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Over at hfboards.com they have a "Eating crow for Carkner" thread. Too funny. All the Lee lovers are coming around.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Both he and Carkner have been pleasant surprises, yeah.

But we earned it.

wprager wrote:You're a bigger man for admitting you were wrong, SD. Hear that, Neely?

Well, I was right about Picard so...

wprager wrote:Kuba's NTC expires after this season, I think. With Cowen here (and Wiercioch, possibly, as well) we don't need Kuba. We would save cap space and could get a nice return.

Relax on Wiercioch a bit. He's a great prospect but he still has a lot of fillings out to do and will need a year at least in The AHL unless he plays a couple more season's at Denver. That's the one kid you dont even come close to rushing.

Picard shouldnt be more than a 5, 6 guy this season and may never turn into anything more than border line top 4. That being said he has still been solid, productive, and responsible.

He is using his size more, being much smarter with the puck this season and not getting cauht out of place as much. It also helps having a really smart player in Carkner as your partner. I cant stop about how much I love Carkner and how well I think he is playing. Such a smart player.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Led the team in icetime for the last 2 games, has been quite sound in his own zone, limited confusion and mistakes that we saw a plethora of last year. It's early, but he's a candidate for the old crow-eating.

I don't think we've seen a plethora of anything from this player. He's hardly played since he was acquired.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum