GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

9 year old scores pretty shootout goal

+5
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

19 year old scores pretty shootout goal Empty 9 year old scores pretty shootout goal Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Colour me unimpressed with the goaltender though. Don't just stand there man, come on! 9 year old scores pretty shootout goal 455378

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What would have been funny is if the goalie had come out to challenge and then knocked the kid on his arse when he went to pick the puck up with his stick. :LOL:

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What happened to the scene when the kid takes off the helmet and reveals that "he" is in fact the dainty, figure-skating, straight-A student girl from the canteen who wasn't allowed on the ice with the boys before she decided to break the rules.?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Illegal move. Fail.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Illegal move. Fail.

Yep, pretty much.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Is it though? According to the rules (unless they changed it this year) all he has to do is keep forward momentum, which he does...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:

Is it though? According to the rules (unless they changed it this year) all he has to do is keep forward momentum, which he does...
Does he? In that video, the puck looks like it is actually moved backwards and then behind the player. I'd say forward motion of the puck was certainly not continuous.

The other aspect is if the cradles the puck above the "normal height" of the shoulders, then it's also a no goal, but it's hard to tell in the video.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Does he? In that video, the puck looks like it is actually moved backwards and then behind the player. I'd say forward motion of the puck was certainly not continuous.

The other aspect is if the cradles the puck above the "normal height" of the shoulders, then it's also a no goal, but it's hard to tell in the video.

Yeah I didn't check the height of the puck, that may be...

I always thought it was the skating that always had to be in forward motion... Because if you think about it, many times when you pull the puck back to shoot, you stop it's forward momentum..

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Yeah I didn't check the height of the puck, that may be...

I always thought it was the skating that always had to be in forward motion... Because if you think about it, many times when you pull the puck back to shoot, you stop it's forward momentum..
I think the idea behind that is that even though you "pull" it back to shoot, since you are moving forward faster than the rate at which you pull the puck back, the puck is still moving forward in general.

When it comes to moves like the spin-o-rama and moves like that kid did... you'd have to take a really close look to see if the puck moves backwards at all at any point.

109 year old scores pretty shootout goal Empty Re: 9 year old scores pretty shootout goal Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:39 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

illegal move or not that is one sweet goal by a 9 year old

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

119 year old scores pretty shootout goal Empty Re: 9 year old scores pretty shootout goal Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:18 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:Yeah I didn't check the height of the puck, that may be...

I think the idea behind that is that even though you "pull" it back to shoot, since you are moving forward faster than the rate at which you pull the puck back, the puck is still moving forward in general.

When it comes to moves like the spin-o-rama and moves like that kid did... you'd have to take a really close look to see if the puck moves backwards at all at any point.[/quote]

I've seen a few shootout goals where the player does a "spin-o-rama" type move and the goal was allowed, even though the forward momentum had completely stopped, so I think that rule is actually pretty lax.

As for the height, usually the guideline for reviews in the NHL is the height of the cross-bar, so it would be pretty hard for this little guy to go above it.

129 year old scores pretty shootout goal Empty Re: 9 year old scores pretty shootout goal Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens19 wrote:illegal move or not that is one sweet goal by a 9 year old

That's a hot dog move and the coach should sit him for embarrassing the other team. That's not the Canadian way. Next time he's near the crease in a game that goalie will whack him good on the ankle. That's the Canadian way.
9 year old scores pretty shootout goal DonCherry

139 year old scores pretty shootout goal Empty Re: 9 year old scores pretty shootout goal Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:21 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Sens19 wrote:illegal move or not that is one sweet goal by a 9 year old

That's a hot dog move and the coach should sit him for embarrassing the other team. That's not the Canadian way. Next time he's near the crease in a game that goalie will whack him good on the ankle. That's the Canadian way.
9 year old scores pretty shootout goal DonCherry

9 year old scores pretty shootout goal 78253 Nice! Go Cherry!

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

149 year old scores pretty shootout goal Empty Re: 9 year old scores pretty shootout goal Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:26 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

come on guys, you are picking on a 9 year old about rules, sheesh, how are kids supposed to have fun in the game? lighten up 9 year old scores pretty shootout goal 668437

159 year old scores pretty shootout goal Empty Re: 9 year old scores pretty shootout goal Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:44 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:come on guys, you are picking on a 9 year old about rules, sheesh, how are kids supposed to have fun in the game? lighten up 9 year old scores pretty shootout goal 668437
THIS IS WAR!!!!!

GET HIM!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum