GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Oct. 6th, 2009

+28
mickbud
TheAvatar
Riprock
PKC
spader
mattshock
Hockeyhero22000
Hobiesens
dennycrane
Bramlet07
Number Twenty Nine
caissie_1
beerandsens
SensGirl11
Tuk Tuk
TeamRenzo
Sens19
SeawaySensFan
ddt
Cap'n Clutch
BigRig
wprager
LeCaptain
asq2
Hoags
PTFlea
shabbs
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 27]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:Also, I know Shannon is out but why are we punishing Regin like that?

Let's hope the lines will change by game time. Although, from all accounts (I only saw some of the game) Neil and Cheechoo played well.

Their performance was alright. I don't think Neil is particularly suited to playing with Regin and neither, frankly, is Cheechoo. It's largely a waste of Regin's speed and skill IMO. Fisher would be better suited in that slot.

Of course, when all are healthy I'm still a proponent of:

Cheechoo - Spezza - Alfredsson
Michalek - Regin - Kovalev
FFS

I also don't like Volchenkov - Phillips as a pairing because it ruins the whole speedy transition game generated by Karlsson, Campoli and Kuba (not that they played particularly well).

So, it's evident that Clouston and I don't agree on line combinations. He's had success thus far, though, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm looking for, if not necessarily a win, at least more evidence of a system next game though.

Awesome post shabbs. I am scared to watch how bad you will beat my 2nd favorite team...the leafs. I say ottawa 4 toronto 1. I won't be able to watch due to my own game, so not to upset.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Ottawa hasn't exactly been a powerhouse either thus far. I'm definitely not writing off the Leafs here.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I need to ask - why don't we break up A-Train and Phillips? Not sure it would hurt to have Volchenkov and Karlsson, Phillips, Kuba, Campoli/Carkner/Picard.

Or some semblance of that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cloverleaf wrote:Awesome post shabbs. I am scared to watch how bad you will beat my 2nd favorite team...the leafs. I say ottawa 4 toronto 1. I won't be able to watch due to my own game, so not to upset.

Who's your favourite team?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Calgary I think.

About the game, how about they stop falling on the ice like autumn leaves for a start?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Calgary I think.

About the game, how about they stop falling on the ice like autumn leaves for a start?

Diddle, what a save by Raycroft. And yeah, what's with all the diving from Kesler and Burrows. Stay on your feet.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought I was in a different thread. GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Oct. 6th, 2009 - Page 2 Icon_cool

Calgary it is. But I want bouwmeester off this team for any other defenseman that is considered a stud as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cloverleaf wrote:Calgary it is. But I want bouwmeester off this team for any other defenseman that is considered a stud as well.

Kuba? GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Oct. 6th, 2009 - Page 2 455378

Nope. Try again. Lol

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, we got nothing. Smile

Tomorrow should be interesting. Toronto will be desperate for a win and will come out on fire on home ice, especially against Ottawa. The Sens better be ready for this one.

Saturday was the first game of the season and the team gets a mulligan, but losing this one is pretty close to unacceptable looking down both teams lineup. A losing steak this early is something The Sens can't afford.

I said this in Aug when the schedual came out, anything but 18-20 points in the first 15 games, you can kiss the playoffs goodbye. I know it's early but these first 15 games are the most important of the season for The Sens.

Bouwmeester is the most overrated d man there is. You don't want him anyway. Be thankful you don't have that stud d man to give calgary

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Tomorrow should be interesting. Toronto will be desperate for a win and will come out on fire on home ice, especially against Ottawa. The Sens better be ready for this one.

Saturday was the first game of the season and the team gets a mulligan, but losing this one is pretty close to unacceptable looking down both teams lineup. A losing steak this early is something The Sens can't afford.

I said this in Aug when the schedual came out, anything but 18-20 points in the first 15 games, you can kiss the playoffs goodbye. I know it's early but these first 15 games are the most important of the season for The Sens.

Absolutely, no excuses whatsoever tomorrow.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cloverleaf wrote:Bouwmeester is the most overrated d man there is. You don't want him anyway. Be thankful you don't have that stud d man to give calgary

I literally think that's all the Sens are missing. Him exactly would do the trick.

SpezDispenser wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:Bouwmeester is the most overrated d man there is. You don't want him anyway. Be thankful you don't have that stud d man to give calgary

I literally think that's all the Sens are missing. Him exactly would do the trick.

His offensive skill yes. He's way too soft for a guy his size. His skating is absurd though. I'd take Karlsson over him Bouw.

Sophomore
Sophomore

cloverleaf wrote:Nope. Try again. Lol

how about a lee, kelly, and a third?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I need to ask - why don't we break up A-Train and Phillips? Not sure it would hurt to have Volchenkov and Karlsson, Phillips, Kuba, Campoli/Carkner/Picard.

Or some semblance of that.

I would not be surprised if I was the first one to bring that up as an option. It may well have been back on HB a couple of years ago. I said "This may be blasphemy, but ..." or something like that.

I was actually surprised I didn't get raked over the coals by more people, but there was general disagreement, with only a few echoing my sentiment.

There are three main reasons I'd like to see that done now:

1. They haven't been very good together since the Cup run year. Our PK has slipped, and that was even before Vermette left.

2. A shut-down pair can be really great against a one-line team. Trouble is, with the cap in place, the one-line teams are usually the weak sisters of the NHL. Most teams are now trying to get two or even three lines going. That shut down pair is still important on the PK, but probably not as much 5-5.

3. I've always said I want a great puck mover and a stay-at-home defensemen paired up. A Pronger-type who can clear out the crease, make a pin-point outlet pass and has a great shot from the point are rare, so put out two guys who can do all of that as a combination.

Actually, thinking of #3, I wonder what would happen if a team with such a player would play 1D and 4 forwards? I guess like the Torpedo System:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torpedo_system

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum