GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackhawks VS Zurich Live Tuesday Sept 29 2:20 EST

+2
SeawaySensFan
jamvan
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

I dont even talk about him. He's a clown.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

they also look to be over passing a bit probably from hammering the hell out of that team last night

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Well, I hope nobody makes fun of 'Swiss teams' anymore.

I knew very well watching the game yesterday that the Lions would be infinitely superior to Davos against the Hawks.

As European Champions, Zurich Lions beat the Russian champs Magnitogorsk (Malkin's former team) 5-0 to claim their title.

This was not a pushover opponent. I listened to the gametime interview yesterday with Lions coach Sean Simpson (a former Blackhawks draft pick), and he was sandbagging like crazy. He did his homework and the Lions were extremely well prepared.

Physical, fast and disciplined, Zurich was playing for the Victoria Cup in front of their home crowd, and they took this one very seriously indeed.

And this was not a healthy Hawks team. Byfuglien, Bolland and Versteeg are all coming off injuries. This was also a tired team, just as John Madden--who sat out this one--said during his gametime interview.

No excuses need be made for the Hawks, though. They made a lot of bad decisions in their puck management, and demonstrated some truly sloppy play, reminiscent of the Blackhawks' worst tendencies last year.

Huet was solid, unlike the rest of the squad.

Good article on the game here, for our francophone members:
http://www.lematin.ch/flash-info/sport/coupe-victoria-lions-zurich-toit-monde

Fans and foes are already dissecting this one, which is typical.

But it's simply a wakeup call for Chicago--as I knew it would be.

Season starts Friday, so at they can use this loss as a valuable lesson.

October is going to be tough for the Blackhawks, as I outline in my recent article at The Bleacher Report:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/263632-the-cruelest-month-the-blackhawks-october-expectations

But hey, nobody said this season was going to be easy.

So I have advised Hawks fans to have a bottle of their favourite libation--preferably the strongest one--handy. The fun of expectations is knowing no one knows anything.

Blackhawks VS Zurich Live Tuesday Sept 29 2:20 EST - Page 2 Icon_wink

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hopp Schwiiz!

Meh, w/e, it is what it is. They play that game again with a fairly halthy, fresh, and motivated Hawks team its a blow out. Good for The Lions though

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum