GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rob Schremp waived

+10
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
SensFan71
Snuh
beerandsens
Cap'n Clutch
M_Christopher
asq2
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:08 pm

Snuh

Rookie
Rookie

Schubert waived as per Ottawa Sun and Fan 590.

17Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:10 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1 down 2 to go I guess.

18Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:14 pm

Snuh wrote:Schubert waived as per Ottawa Sun and Fan 590.

OMG!!!! What? Why? I dont get it... did anyone see this coming?

19Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:17 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tampa waived Bochenski (and Hall, and Craig). Quelle surprise.

20Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:27 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Tampa waived Bochenski (and Hall, and Craig). Quelle surprise.

Bochenski was still kicking around, man, what a bust.

21Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:05 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

That was unavoidable but a shame. Good luck Shubie!

22Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:12 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:

Eh, hard to be disappointed in a 7th round, 223rd over-all pick not sticking in the NHL.

He certainly was a poster-child for pre-season success not carrying over into the regular season, though.

23Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:15 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:Can he go back to London? Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 78253

Words are he wants his friend Perry with him too.

24Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:18 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

They should friggin' retire Bochenski's number in Chicago though.

March 9th, 2006: The Hawks trade (dump) Arnason to the Sens for Bochenski and a second round draft pick. ( Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 428331 )

February 3rd, 2007: The Hawks trade Bochenski to the Bruins for Kris Versteeg and a conditional pick.

Dump Arnason, get Versteeg and pick up draft picks in the process? Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 668437

25Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:20 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:

OMG!!!! What? Why? I dont get it... did anyone see this coming?
Laughing3

Leafs put Jonas Frögren on waivers too.

Waiver madness!

26Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:22 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Eh, hard to be disappointed in a 7th round, 223rd over-all pick not sticking in the NHL.

He certainly was a poster-child for pre-season success not carrying over into the regular season, though.

I guess that was where I was going with my post, played really well with Spezz in the pre-season, but nothing after that, he made it further than Daigle at least.

27Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:55 pm

asq2 wrote:They should friggin' retire Bochenski's number in Chicago though.

March 9th, 2006: The Hawks trade (dump) Arnason to the Sens for Bochenski and a second round draft pick. ( Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 428331 )

February 3rd, 2007: The Hawks trade Bochenski to the Bruins for Kris Versteeg and a conditional pick.

Dump Arnason, get Versteeg and pick up draft picks in the process? Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 668437

I thought Dale Tallon was an idiot, this disproves that theory.

28Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:56 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I think the Hawks owe us Versteeg for fleecing us on that Arnason/Bochenski deal, that 2nd round draft pick had value I am sure Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 668437

29Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is that an executionable offense?

30Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:08 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Is that an executionable offense?

depends on how much you pay this guy. He's looking for someone to execute.

Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Execut10

31Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:34 pm

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

SensFan71 wrote:
asq2 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I guess that was where I was going with my post, played really well with Spezz in the pre-season, but nothing after that, he made it further than Daigle at least.

Daigle had a couple of good seasons with Ottawa before the goalpost busted him up pretty bad. He had blazing speed and decent hands, what he lacked was a desire to get better. Obviously hockey wasn't his priority, which it should have been. His hollywood dreams crumbled pretty quickly, and he was back in hockey. In Europe anyway.

He had a much better career than Bochenski.

32Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:44 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Sp00nz wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
asq2 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Daigle had a couple of good seasons with Ottawa before the goalpost busted him up pretty bad. He had blazing speed and decent hands, what he lacked was a desire to get better. Obviously hockey wasn't his priority, which it should have been. His hollywood dreams crumbled pretty quickly, and he was back in hockey. In Europe anyway.

Hockey came way too easily to the guy early on. I think Spezza suffered from the same syndrome a bit as well, but has really, really turned it around in that regard. I don't know if there's a player on the team that's improved more since the lock-out.

33Rob Schremp waived - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob Schremp waived Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sp00nz wrote:Daigle had a couple of good seasons with Ottawa before the goalpost busted him up pretty bad. He had blazing speed and decent hands, what he lacked was a desire to get better. Obviously hockey wasn't his priority, which it should have been. His hollywood dreams crumbled pretty quickly, and he was back in hockey. In Europe anyway.

Very good and fair assessment of the Daigle. A rare bird among Ottawa fans.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum