GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL 10 Help with prospects please

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NHL 10 Help with prospects please Empty NHL 10 Help with prospects please Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:55 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hello everyone, now that NHL 10 has offically dropped, one thing I love doing is editing propsects in the game to their actual potential and abilities.

Erik Karlsson, Victor Hedman, Matthias Tedendy, MPS, etc are in the game already, but little to no work was actually put into their ratings, so I was hoping some of you would be able to give me an accurate comparison to some current or recent NHLers that I could base my ratings on?

Like, i.e. if EK was most comparable to Sergei Zubo, or even a few others combined, like say "as fast as..." or "hits like..." that would be a lot of help.

Players that I will be editing/making:

Erik Karlsson
Victor Hedman
Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson
John Tavares
Matt Duchene (Sakic)
Jared Cowen
Robin Lehner
Nazem Kadri
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Evander Kane

(Basically the top 30 09 draftees).

Basically I use Sakic's ratings for Duchene, but lower the shooting, and boost the speed.

For Tavares I am using Schremp as a comparable, but making his accuracy, defelctions, and offence all really high, but average speed (80ish).

2NHL 10 Help with prospects please Empty Re: NHL 10 Help with prospects please Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kronwall is a great comparison for Karlsson - almost down to the size and everything.

Maybe a touch of Boyle's PP attributes.

3NHL 10 Help with prospects please Empty Re: NHL 10 Help with prospects please Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:07 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Thanks Spez

4NHL 10 Help with prospects please Empty Re: NHL 10 Help with prospects please Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Thanks Spez

Oh, not at all. I didn't know if that was the kind of thing you wanted:

Victor Hedman - J-Bo's potential
Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson - Havlat's potential
John Tavares - Backstrom's passing with Heatbag's snipe
Matt Duchene (Sakic)
Jared Cowen - Robin Regher and J-Bo smashed together and coming out as one
Robin Lehner - Lundqvist's potential
Nazem Kadri - Mike Ribiero, maybe Statsny
Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Same as Karlsson is Kronwall and Boyle, but a tad less potential
Evander Kane - An interesting blend of Jeff Carter and possibly a little of the grit of Burrows

These are 100% off the top of my head, but there are others on the site who will yay or nay those.

5NHL 10 Help with prospects please Empty Re: NHL 10 Help with prospects please Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:45 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Hello everyone, now that NHL 10 has offically dropped, one thing I love doing is editing propsects in the game to their actual potential and abilities.

Erik Karlsson, Victor Hedman, Matthias Tedendy, MPS, etc are in the game already, but little to no work was actually put into their ratings, so I was hoping some of you would be able to give me an accurate comparison to some current or recent NHLers that I could base my ratings on?

Like, i.e. if EK was most comparable to Sergei Zubo, or even a few others combined, like say "as fast as..." or "hits like..." that would be a lot of help.

Players that I will be editing/making:

Erik Karlsson
Victor Hedman
Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson
John Tavares
Matt Duchene (Sakic)
Jared Cowen
Robin Lehner
Nazem Kadri
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Evander Kane

(Basically the top 30 09 draftees).

Basically I use Sakic's ratings for Duchene, but lower the shooting, and boost the speed.

For Tavares I am using Schremp as a comparable, but making his accuracy, defelctions, and offence all really high, but average speed (80ish).

Have you already picked up your copy of 2010? If so, I am jealous as Dung, I'm gonna have to wait til next week to get mine. I can't wait!

6NHL 10 Help with prospects please Empty Re: NHL 10 Help with prospects please Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:Have you already picked up your copy of 2010? If so, I am jealous as Dung, I'm gonna have to wait til next week to get mine. I can't wait!

Why do you have to wait?

7NHL 10 Help with prospects please Empty Re: NHL 10 Help with prospects please Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:51 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
beedub wrote:Have you already picked up your copy of 2010? If so, I am jealous as Dung, I'm gonna have to wait til next week to get mine. I can't wait!

Why do you have to wait?

Pay day my friend. My wife needed to pay for her Boot Camp this week. NHL 10 Help with prospects please 812636

8NHL 10 Help with prospects please Empty Re: NHL 10 Help with prospects please Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boot Camp?

9NHL 10 Help with prospects please Empty Re: NHL 10 Help with prospects please Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:51 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Depending on pre-season cuts, Duchene, Tavares, Hedman and KArlsson will be placed on their teams rosters (EK and VH are in the SEL already, but their ratings aren't that great). I edited the NA and World Prospects as the 09 draft class).

10NHL 10 Help with prospects please Empty Re: NHL 10 Help with prospects please Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Actually Karlsson is available in Frolunda's roster so if you are leaving it as is, you can find him there.

11NHL 10 Help with prospects please Empty Re: NHL 10 Help with prospects please Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:14 pm

BTW the game is f'ing awesome so far. Minor tweaks that make it better. Love to instigate the fights after the whistle and the board play. Can't figure out the fighting so far but at least it is not an automatic win no matter how hard you set it. HATED that. I am not an online player though. I can't have some 9 year old run around and whoop me because he figured out some miracle control combination that scores 50% of the time.

12NHL 10 Help with prospects please Empty Re: NHL 10 Help with prospects please Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:Actually Karlsson is available in Frolunda's roster so if you are leaving it as is, you can find him there.

I know, but 72 is hardly anything to get excited over. After using Kronwall's ratings, he is now a 77, which is very decent for a rookie (I bring Poise down to lower overall).

13NHL 10 Help with prospects please Empty Re: NHL 10 Help with prospects please Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:12 pm

Yeah I raised him too but I took the player and modified after, keeping all of his information and not duplicating a player in the database. Funnily enough I think I ended up at 78. Although I did not use low poise to dilute it.

14NHL 10 Help with prospects please Empty Re: NHL 10 Help with prospects please Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:49 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I didn't duplicate him, I just moved him from Frolunda to Ottawa.

I made him basically Kronwall's attributes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum