GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects

+2
PKC
PTFlea
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Empty Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.puckprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=537

If Wiercioch can fix some 'uncertainties' in his game, he could rise into the top 10.

17. Patrick Wiercioch, Defense- Ottawa Senators

Bio: Drafted in the 2nd round, 42nd overall in 2008 by Ottawa out of Omaha in the USHL. Was named to the 09-10 WCHA First All-Star Team and to the 08-09 WCHA All-Rookie Team.

Report: An extremely skilled puck-mover, his passing skills are very advanced and he consistently makes plays. Has a good frame and as he gets stronger and fills into his frame it will just make him better in his own end.

Why #17: Probably one of the most controversial players in these rankings, Wiercioch has a great amount of NHL potential and could turn into one of the league’s deadliest powerplay quarterbacks. He needs to get better in his own end, thus the uncertainty of what he will develop into. However, historically players who can both skate well and think like Wiercioch can are able to pick up their defensive game, especially those with size. He sits at 17 mainly because of the question marks in his game. However, if he addresses those uncertainties, he would then slide into the top 10.

A lot of us here have been saying this for a while, he's the Sens top D prospect (behind Karlsson of course) and might be ready to step into the big time as early as next year.

2Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Empty Re: Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:24 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think this is anything surprising to anyone on these forums. Wiercioch has been highly spoken of for a long time now. Most believe out of the big three defensive prospects that he is the closest to a Norris candidate.

3Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Empty Re: Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:26 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

ahead of Subban? INteresting...

4Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Empty Re: Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Cowen.... 63

Lehner.... 76

Oilers have 4 in the to 100, and 2 in the top 10.

Nashville has 7 prospects in the top 100, with 2 in the top 20.

Flames and Oilers each have 4 in the top 100.

5Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Empty Re: Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, if he puts on 8 pounds or so, he'll be NHL ready (or close enough to play) next year. I really believe that, I've thought that for a long time. No need to rush him obviously, I just think he's got what it takes to play for us next year.

6Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Empty Re: Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:55 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

That list looks off to me. Is one of the criteria being NHL ready, because some of those picks don't make sense otherwise.

I like Wiercioch, possibly more than Cowen, but I'd say it's a toss up a t this point and that there's not a major gap between them.

7Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Empty Re: Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:18 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

This list just makes me really excited for the future of our defensive corps, unreal.

8Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Empty Re: Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:47 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, if he puts on 8 pounds or so, he'll be NHL ready (or close enough to play) next year. I really believe that, I've thought that for a long time. No need to rush him obviously, I just think he's got what it takes to play for us next year.

He's not ready at all. His defensive decisions are not NHL-calibre at all.

9Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Empty Re: Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, if he puts on 8 pounds or so, he'll be NHL ready (or close enough to play) next year. I really believe that, I've thought that for a long time. No need to rush him obviously, I just think he's got what it takes to play for us next year.

He's not ready at all. His defensive decisions are not NHL-calibre at all.

Wow, really? I'll take your word for that, but how do you know? There are Pioneer fans who have watched him the last two full years who say the exact opposite.

10Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Empty Re: Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:31 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

You know what's going to be awesome? Him and Karlsson on the PP. Pity the PK unit that tries to get in front of their shots.

11Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Empty Re: Puck Prospectus Top 100 Prospects Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
You know what's going to be awesome? Him and Karlsson on the PP. Pity the PK unit that tries to get in front of their shots.

Oh Diddle yeah! You know it, that's gonna be the pairing for the next 15 years - unless something goes wrong in their developments.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum