GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gustavsson sidelined after ablation (minor heart surgery)

+3
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
wprager
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I know, "minor" and "heart surgery" don't really belong together in a sentence.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2009/09/15/10917656-sun.html

The small operation is required
when electricity flowing through the heart to aid muscle contractions
is blocked or travels the same pathway.

"It's fairly common. Our doctors
say they will do 10 NHL players in a summer. It has nothing to do with
his heart, it's a little incision they make in your groin area (one of
the heart's pathways). But it has to heal up and you don't want an
infection, by him putting his gear on. He'll be ready to go on the
weekend."

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I remember seeing him on TV and both my son and I remarked that he looked white as a ghost while Napoleon Wilson was saying everything was just fine.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I remember seeing him on TV and both my son and I remarked that he looked white as a ghost while Napoleon Wilson was saying everything was just fine.

could be bad for the Leafs, you never want to mess around with a heart problem, especially if you are a goalie and can be busy for minutes at a time, especially on the PK.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow...that's not positive no matter how they spin it.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

The MONSTER has a hole in his groin?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

What the hell, that's really scary.

SeawaySensFan wrote:I remember seeing him on TV and both my son and I remarked that he looked white as a ghost while Napoleon Wilson was saying everything was just fine.

Gustavsson sidelined after ablation (minor heart surgery) 78253 Gustavsson sidelined after ablation (minor heart surgery) 78253 Gustavsson sidelined after ablation (minor heart surgery) 78253 Gustavsson sidelined after ablation (minor heart surgery) 78253 Gustavsson sidelined after ablation (minor heart surgery) 78253 Gustavsson sidelined after ablation (minor heart surgery) 78253

I didn't know Wilson was short.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattshock wrote:The MONSTER has a hole in his groin?
What?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
What?

Well, he does now. They make a small incision to insert the catheter into the vein. It really is not a complicated procedure, but it does make you wonder. And, yes, they *are* spinning it like a 78 rpm. No big deal, they're probably going to do, like 10 of these over the Summer. 10 out of how many players? Each team invites, what, around 40-50 players to camp? That's less than 1%. Plus the numbers likely include the rookie/development camps, so the total number of players is probably even higher.

And this is the first time I'd ever heard of it, so I call BS on the "10 players" stat.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
What?

Well, he does now. They make a small incision to insert the catheter into the vein. It really is not a complicated procedure, but it does make you wonder. And, yes, they *are* spinning it like a 78 rpm. No big deal, they're probably going to do, like 10 of these over the Summer. 10 out of how many players? Each team invites, what, around 40-50 players to camp? That's less than 1%. Plus the numbers likely include the rookie/development camps, so the total number of players is probably even higher.

And this is the first time I'd ever heard of it, so I call BS on the "10 players" stat.
Ahhh... I should have read TFA.

Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum