GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just curious - Am I insane?

+8
spader
The Silfer Server
Amnesia021
PTFlea
Bramlet07
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

If given the choice what would you do

Just curious - Am I insane? Vote_lcap24%Just curious - Am I insane? Vote_rcap2 4% [ 2 ]
Just curious - Am I insane? Vote_lcap296%Just curious - Am I insane? Vote_rcap2 96% [ 53 ]
Total Votes : 55

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Just curious - Am I insane? Empty Just curious - Am I insane? Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would really appreciate if all members could respond to this poll. I just really want to know if I'm completely insane.

Please respond to the poll.

Thanks,

Clutch

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

2Just curious - Am I insane? Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Easily 2- And, yes, you're insane! Just curious - Am I insane? 88481

3Just curious - Am I insane? Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:46 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Easily 2- And, yes, you're insane! Just curious - Am I insane? 88481

Based on your response to the poll so far I'm at least not completely insane Smile

- Unknown Author

4Just curious - Am I insane? Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

woohoo. So far 6 people don't think I'm insane.

- Unknown Author

5Just curious - Am I insane? Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:48 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

number 2 buddy!!! Not even a contest!

6Just curious - Am I insane? Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:51 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

#2 for sure. Although depending on how far apart the two events are it wouldnt be impossible to make an appearance at both. But staying at the Family one longer would be obvious.

7Just curious - Am I insane? Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number 2 and yeah...unfortunately you're insane. Ahhhhh! Wolfie

8Just curious - Am I insane? Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not completely insane though right? DancingBanana

- Unknown Author

9Just curious - Am I insane? Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Why is #1 an option? What obligation do you have to attend your spouse's X-mas party? Get a sitter, tell her to have fun at the party, and spend the night with buddies, doing rails off of a hookers Donkey.

Seriously though, the question isn't what is should you do, the question is, why do you even remotely consider work on the same level of importance as family?

10Just curious - Am I insane? Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:56 pm

How can this poll have 15 votes already and the damn GM Sim RFA poll struggles to get 2/3 of the gms to vote???

Just curious - Am I insane? 50327

11Just curious - Am I insane? Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:Why is #1 an option? What obligation do you have to attend your spouse's X-mas party? Get a sitter, tell her to have fun at the party, and spend the night with buddies, doing rails off of a hookers Donkey.

Seriously though, the question isn't what is should you do, the question is, why do you even remotely consider work on the same level of importance as family?

Laughing3 :^^^^: Hahahah. Oh...man...you're not married, right Hemlock? You have to attend everything that she does - more or less. My wife is going to some happy Social Tea or something and I don't go to that, but an office party? You bet you're going.

The thing here is, she's also Clutch's sister-in-law, so you skip the office function and enjoy your immediate family. That's my opinion anyway.

12Just curious - Am I insane? Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:58 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:How can this poll have 15 votes already and the damn GM Sim RFA poll struggles to get 2/3 of the gms to vote???

Just curious - Am I insane? 50327

Only because this is the best poll EVER!!! Just curious - Am I insane? 919983

13Just curious - Am I insane? Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:03 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:Why is #1 an option? What obligation do you have to attend your spouse's X-mas party? Get a sitter, tell her to have fun at the party, and spend the night with buddies, doing rails off of a hookers Donkey.

Laughing3 :^^^^: Hahahah. Oh...man...you're not married, right Hemlock? You have to attend everything that she does - more or less. My wife is going to some happy Social Tea or something and I don't go to that, but an office party? You bet you're going.

The thing here is, she's also Clutch's sister-in-law, so you skip the office function and enjoy your immediate family. That's my opinion anyway.

I'm married with 3 kids. I've never (nor would I ever) attend a function for my wife's work. She does not hang out with work people, and would consider them coworkers and not friends. I'm not about to spend an evening during the holiday season (or anytime really) pretending to be interested in what some jerkoff in the sales/engineering department has to say.

My post was partially in jest, but during the holidays especially, family trumps everything. That's it. I could see Clutch's wife having to attend. But him? Nope. He has kids. That's the best built in excuse for getting out of anything, ever. I've used that as an excuse so many times, under so many circumstances I've lost count.

You don't want to go Clutch? Your child has the runs and you can't find a sitter willing to spend the night on mop up duty. Problem solved. As long as your wife doesn't mind, noone can hold it against you.

14Just curious - Am I insane? Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Employers rent you, they don't own you.

15Just curious - Am I insane? Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote: I'm married with 3 kids. I've never (nor would I ever) attend a function for my wife's work. She does not hang out with work people, and would consider them coworkers and not friends. I'm not about to spend an evening during the holiday season (or anytime really) pretending to be interested in what some jerkoff in the sales/engineering department has to say.

My post was partially in jest, but during the holidays especially, family trumps everything. That's it. I could see Clutch's wife having to attend. But him? Nope. He has kids. That's the best built in excuse for getting out of anything, ever. I've used that as an excuse so many times, under so many circumstances I've lost count.

You don't want to go Clutch? Your child has the runs and you can't find a sitter willing to spend the night on mop up duty. Problem solved. As long as your wife doesn't mind, noone can hold it against you.

Laughing3 Diddle, that's fair enough actually - and very funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum