GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Revamped Senators Web site

+4
SensGirl11
shabbs
SensFan71
caissie_1
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Revamped Senators Web site Empty Revamped Senators Web site Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:14 am

Interesting posts on Sens Town, ie, Leclaire's new pads, and revamped Ottawa Senators official website.

http://senstown.blogspot.com/

2Revamped Senators Web site Empty Re: Revamped Senators Web site Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:34 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I was expecting better for the Pads...

3Revamped Senators Web site Empty Re: Revamped Senators Web site Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:37 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

caissie_1 wrote:I was expecting better for the Pads...

I kind of like the retro Sens look for the pads, they are better than those bright yellow pads Fleury used to have with the Pens Facepalm

4Revamped Senators Web site Empty Re: Revamped Senators Web site Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:38 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Not feeling those pads just yet... we'll see...

5Revamped Senators Web site Empty Re: Revamped Senators Web site Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:39 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Yeah, the pads are very odd to say the least...

6Revamped Senators Web site Empty Re: Revamped Senators Web site Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:54 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I like them Shrug

7Revamped Senators Web site Empty Re: Revamped Senators Web site Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:07 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk wrote:I like them Shrug

guess we are the odd balls Tuk, not the first time I have been classified that way. Shrug

8Revamped Senators Web site Empty Re: Revamped Senators Web site Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, but he is a butterfly goalie, no? When those stripes are horizontal, it's a completely different thing, is it no?

:^^^^:

I wonder if he could have wrapped the stripes around like a barber pole?

9Revamped Senators Web site Empty Re: Revamped Senators Web site Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:43 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:

I kind of like the retro Sens look for the pads, they are better than those bright yellow pads Fleury used to have with the Pens Facepalm

Not a big fan of the pads, either.

Funny you mention Fluery, tho' -- who changed his pads upon the advice of some optical expert, who assured him that coloured pads, while fancy, make things easier for the shooter. Colours define the pads, making them stick out against the background (white ice, white boards, white mesh), thus better defining the space the goal is covering and the space he's not covering.

I hope he switches to white. Put colours down the middle if you must, but leave those outsides white, white, white.

10Revamped Senators Web site Empty Re: Revamped Senators Web site Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:10 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Funny you mention Fluery, tho' -- who changed his pads upon the advice of some optical expert, who assured him that coloured pads, while fancy, make things easier for the shooter. Colours define the pads, making them stick out against the background (white ice, white boards, white mesh), thus better defining the space the goal is covering and the space he's not covering.

I hope he switches to white. Put colours down the middle if you must, but leave those outsides white, white, white.

I think I remember hearing that, it was an optical expert from Ottawa if I am not mistaken that was talking about this. Leclaire will be too good to allow any of the shooters find his holes. I hope anyway :^^^^:

11Revamped Senators Web site Empty Re: Revamped Senators Web site Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:49 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I noticed this on the new Sens page, was wondering if there is anyway to get GM Hockey listed on there as a board, noticed they Senschirp twitter account listed on there, would be awesome if GM hockey could get on there, which would attract more members I am sure.

http://senators.nhl.com/club/fans.htm

12Revamped Senators Web site Empty Re: Revamped Senators Web site Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Tuk Tuk wrote:I like them Shrug

I like them too

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

13Revamped Senators Web site Empty Re: Revamped Senators Web site Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:26 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Yeah thats the same thing that immediately comes to mind for me. Since hearing about that initially, I'm always skeptical about non-white pads

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum