GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite Hockey Memories?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favourite Hockey Memories? Empty Favourite Hockey Memories? Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:15 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I know mine are alot more recent than alot of yours, but thats not my fault :^^^^:

I have two that pop to mind.

When I was growing up, I was obsessed with Sergei Fedorov. I was only 3 years old, and it was the day after christmas. The Wings were playing the Caps, and I was allowed to watch the game with the adults, wearing my Fedorov jersey, of course.

My family was all proud Canadians, and always laughed at me loving a Russian players. My grandpa told me Sergei wouldnt get a goal, and I told him he'd get a hat trick.

Fedorov scored 5 goals that night, and I still remember it like it was yesterday.

The second was seeing Bourque win the cup in 01. Bourque was another player I loved when I was young, and I remember praying that Ray would win. Well Ray did, and I can still picture Sakic passing the cup over to Ray right away, and the huge smile that reached ear to ear.

What memories mean the most to you guys?

2Favourite Hockey Memories? Empty Re: Favourite Hockey Memories? Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:34 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Tuk Tuk wrote:I know mine are alot more recent than alot of yours, but thats not my fault :^^^^:

I have two that pop to mind.

When I was growing up, I was obsessed with Sergei Fedorov. I was only 3 years old, and it was the day after christmas. The Wings were playing the Caps, and I was allowed to watch the game with the adults, wearing my Fedorov jersey, of course.

My family was all proud Canadians, and always laughed at me loving a Russian players. My grandpa told me Sergei wouldnt get a goal, and I told him he'd get a hat trick.

Fedorov scored 5 goals that night, and I still remember it like it was yesterday.

The second was seeing Bourque win the cup in 01. Bourque was another player I loved when I was young, and I remember praying that Ray would win. Well Ray did, and I can still picture Sakic passing the cup over to Ray right away, and the huge smile that reached ear to ear.

What memories mean the most to you guys?
Good topic idea.  I'll stick with your form and go with my top 2.  The first being fairly recent.  It was game six in the 2004 first round series against the leafs.  I was living and studying in Toronto at the time and shared an apartment with a die-hard leafs fan.  Watching the game in an apartment full of leaf fans, we were down 1-0 and couldn't seem to buy a goal.  Late in the game with leaf fans already taking their jabs, Chara steps up and lays Nieuwendyk out, grabs the puck, take it in and around the leafs net and some how buries it past Belfour.  Not a pretty goal but a goal that showed determination and the desire needed to win.  Even down 1-0 I was calm, telling everyone there, if we tied, we'd win and if we won, the momentum was ours and game 7 would be a write off for the leafs.  Vermette sets up Fisher for the winner leaving an apartment of leaf fans stunned and one crazy sens fan celebrating at the top of his lungs for all of "Scarlem"(scarborough) to hear.  Of course, we lost game 7 thanks to Lalime but for some reason that turn around in game 6 is a great memory for me.The other is an easy one.  Before the sens, I was a huge habs fan and Pat Roy fan.  The cup win of 93 with all those OT wins, especially the series against Quebec will always be a great memory.  For me, this cemented Roy as the best goalie of all time...An incredible run!

3Favourite Hockey Memories? Empty Re: Favourite Hockey Memories? Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:45 pm

Ok, I'll jump in.

1) Watching Theoren Fleury score the OT goal and skate diagonally across the ice and glide on his knees pumping his hands in the air. That's why hockey is the best sport in the world, that kind of emotion just doesn't exist in other sports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSRFLUBgvzc

2) The first time I heard the national anthem in old Chicago Stadium. The most unbelievable experience of my life. Still to this day nothing anywhere compares to that old stadium, the organ and the sound of the crowd and singer together singing the anthem.

4Favourite Hockey Memories? Empty Re: Favourite Hockey Memories? Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Vandelay wrote:The other is an easy one. Before the sens, I was a huge habs fan and Pat Roy fan. The cup win of 93 with all those OT wins, especially the series against Quebec will always be a great memory. For me, this cemented Roy as the best goalie of all time...An incredible run!

To me it's got to be that wink Roy gave to Sandstrom in the '93 finals. I believe it was OT and Roy just made a heck of a glove save on a shot labeled for the corner. Sandstrom couldn't believe it didn't go in and skated through the crease for a look, which is when Roy looked up and winked at him. In the pressure of an OT SCF game, unbelievable.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/66130-the-greatest-sports-moment-in-history

5Favourite Hockey Memories? Empty Re: Favourite Hockey Memories? Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

6Favourite Hockey Memories? Empty Re: Favourite Hockey Memories? Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:32 am

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Dawg's Wife wrote:Ok, I'll jump in.

1) Watching Theoren Fleury score the OT goal and skate diagonally across the ice and glide on his knees pumping his hands in the air. That's why hockey is the best sport in the world, that kind of emotion just doesn't exist in other sports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSRFLUBgvzc

2) The first time I heard the national anthem in old Chicago Stadium. The most unbelievable experience of my life. Still to this day nothing anywhere compares to that old stadium, the organ and the sound of the crowd and singer together singing the anthem.

You think Fleury will repeat that celebration after his first comeback goal? Wink Love that video as well.

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum