GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buffalo WGR550 says the Sabres and Panthers are talking

+8
Hayden
SensFan71
Flo The Action
Vandelay
wprager
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

SpezDispenser wrote:Apparently this station thinks that a deal is close and the talks are 'heating up' in what would be a Stafford for Horton trade (with the Panthers).

If this happens, I would say that Buffalo has leap frogged into 8th in the East and knocked us or Montreal out.

Horton on my SIM team? I accept. Ahhhhh!

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:No way would that be all it takes to get Horton, would it?

Horton hates it there though. Might as well get what you can for him. Stafford is pretty good.
Heatley hates it here and has a NMC, yet you are not advocating "Might as well get what you can for him".

Horton could provide a very nice return for the Panthers if they move him. Reasonable contract for a big guy oozing potential that hasn't fully put it together. Worth way more than Drew Stafford.

The rumored deal is Stafford "+" for Horton.

Nobodys knows what that "+" is yet. It would probably be someone like Paille, Gerbe, Kennedy or Butler.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:
Heatley hates it here and has a NMC, yet you are not advocating "Might as well get what you can for him".

Horton could provide a very nice return for the Panthers if they move him. Reasonable contract for a big guy oozing potential that hasn't fully put it together. Worth way more than Drew Stafford.

I knew the minute I wrote that, that it was the wrong choice of words. I meant that Horton hates Florida so much, that Florida would be wise to get a piece that's comparable - or possible not on quite the same talent level - as Horton and get it over with. His production dipped considerably last year, he's a hefty ticket for the Panthers and Stafford has nice upside.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

FireOnIce wrote:The rumored deal is Stafford "+" for Horton.

Nobodys knows what that "+" is yet. It would probably be someone like Paille, Gerbe, Kennedy or Butler.

Sekara? Young, big upside. Probably something else coming from the Panthers - who BTW, should trade Horton to a West Coast team. And actually, now that I fully think about it, RobbyJ has a point. He's got major value, they should probably continue shopping him.

Anshu

Anshu
Prospect
Prospect

SpezDispenser wrote:

Sekara? Young, big upside. Probably something else coming from the Panthers - who BTW, should trade Horton to a West Coast team. And actually, now that I fully think about it, RobbyJ has a point. He's got major value, they should probably continue shopping him.

Yes, they absolutely should continue shopping him for more than Stafford, or even Stafford+. Horton for Stafford, in my opinion, would be like Heatley for Cheechoo.

I would like to see Florida get a lot for Horton - roster player(s), prospect(s), picks(s). The better that deal, the more power it gives Murray to say I'm not letting Heatley go for less than Florida got for Horton.

Anshu wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Yes, they absolutely should continue shopping him for more than Stafford, or even Stafford+. Horton for Stafford, in my opinion, would be like Heatley for Cheechoo.

I would like to see Florida get a lot for Horton - roster player(s), prospect(s), picks(s). The better that deal, the more power it gives Murray to say I'm not letting Heatley go for less than Florida got for Horton.

Very true. Set the market and set it high. Nice post Anshu :___:

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Stafford is getting close to signing a new deal.

jamvan wrote:Stafford is getting close to signing a new deal.

Good signing if its true. He has some sweet hands and isn't afraid to get nasty. I already have him pegged on my SIM team.

Thanks Jamvan :___: . Where did you hear this? scratch I can't find it anywhere, I'm intrigued. :##:

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

FireOnIce wrote:
jamvan wrote:Stafford is getting close to signing a new deal.

Good signing if its true. He has some sweet hands and isn't afraid to get nasty. I already have him pegged on my SIM team.

Thanks Jamvan :___: . Where did you hear this? scratch I can't find it anywhere, I'm intrigued. :##:

They are close. It isn't done yet.

Any idea on the numbers ?

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

RobbyJ wrote:Any idea on the numbers ?
AGAIN..they are CLOSE, it's not done.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Laughing3

Does Heatley really expect to be dealt if he keeps saying "no"? Unreal.

I would never back Heatley, I think he's a dink, but in all honesty: would you want to spend the next 5 years in either Buffalo or Edmonton?

For 7.5 mill a year? Yup.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Buffalo... for the wings!

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anshu wrote:

If I were Florida, this is my piece to get a BIG name forward. Something they've been missing there since...Jokinen I guess.

We'll see if they pull off this deal. Stafford is underrated here, he's big and just coming into his own.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum