GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buffalo WGR550 says the Sabres and Panthers are talking

+8
Hayden
SensFan71
Flo The Action
Vandelay
wprager
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Apparently this station thinks that a deal is close and the talks are 'heating up' in what would be a Stafford for Horton trade (with the Panthers).

If this happens, I would say that Buffalo has leap frogged into 8th in the East and knocked us or Montreal out.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Apparently this station thinks that a deal is close and the talks are 'heating up' in what would be a Stafford for Horton trade (with the Panthers).

If this happens, I would say that Buffalo has leap frogged into 8th in the East and knocked us or Montreal out.

Does that help or hurt our chances of dealing with the Sabres for Heatley?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Apparently this station thinks that a deal is close and the talks are 'heating up' in what would be a Stafford for Horton trade (with the Panthers).

The guys talking about think that this means that the Sabres have either been told 'no' by Murray, or Heatley has done it for them. They suggested that this will end their interest in him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The guys talking about think that this means that the Sabres have either been told 'no' by Murray, or Heatley has done it for them. They suggested that this will end their interest in him.

Laughing3

Does Heatley really expect to be dealt if he keeps saying "no"? Unreal.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If they get Horton they can have Heatley for him!!! Damn you Dany... damn you to hell.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Laughing3

I would never back Heatley, I think he's a dink, but in all honesty: would you want to spend the next 5 years in either Buffalo or Edmonton?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No way would that be all it takes to get Horton, would it?

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Laughing3

I would never back Heatley, I think he's a dink, but in all honesty: would you want to spend the next 5 years in either Buffalo or Edmonton?
Exactly.  I think this idea that if Heatley's only options are back to Ottawa or Edmonton, is flawed.  Think about it.  He won't be happy in Edmonton and as soon as he gets there, he'll be wishing he wasn't.  What's worse, coming back to Ottawa to face the music for probably no more than a season or going to another city you don't want to be in and will again want a trade?  Can you imagine...one year from now Edmonton headline reads "Heatley demands trade".

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NOOOOOOOO! go to buffalo heatley! it's only a short ride to toronto? I WANT ROY!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Laughing3

better than facing the media/fans in Ottawa after every game, especially if they lose, then it's all about Heatley being a distraction to the team and they are not winning.

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Has anyone commented on how lucky we are that we're actually going to get anything back for Heatley - maybe Murray is a genious and convinced him to stay all though he wanted to test the market? I know it's a stretch but we could have lost him for nothing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:No way would that be all it takes to get Horton, would it?

Horton hates it there though. Might as well get what you can for him. Stafford is pretty good.

Horton on my SIM team? I accept. Ahhhhh!

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:No way would that be all it takes to get Horton, would it?

Horton hates it there though. Might as well get what you can for him. Stafford is pretty good.
Heatley hates it here and has a NMC, yet you are not advocating "Might as well get what you can for him".

Horton could provide a very nice return for the Panthers if they move him. Reasonable contract for a big guy oozing potential that hasn't fully put it together. Worth way more than Drew Stafford.

The rumored deal is Stafford "+" for Horton.

Nobodys knows what that "+" is yet. It would probably be someone like Paille, Gerbe, Kennedy or Butler.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum