GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halak to SJ?

+5
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
PKC
shabbs
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Halak to SJ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak to SJ? Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:41 pm

marakh wrote:SJ wants to make that deal ASAP before MTL realizes Halak is better than Price :n:

He's as good imo. He really bailed the Habs out on a couple of occasions with some strong play late in the year. Last year when Price Dung the bed, and once with Huet during the B.C.E. (Before Carey Era) Wink

He's a starter in this league in my mind. It's only a matter of time. If Wilson can scoop him (or even Harding as Dr. Poo suggests) up for next to nothing now, it would be a major coup.

It figures, now that we finally are looking solid in goal and the price for a great young netminder bottoms out. Frig.

17Halak to SJ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak to SJ? Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:43 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Remember when we suggested that Murray send an offer sheet to Halak for 1.5 million? I realize that's double of what he cost the Habs, but it was a strong move at the time.

Halak's a great goalie NOW, behind a good goalie.

18Halak to SJ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak to SJ? Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:52 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Harding might not be the best choice, he wants to be a starter and it's pretty obvious that he won't be if he headed to SJ. Halak I could see being groomed to take over for when Nabokov is dealt or hits the open market, but if they acquired Harding, I think they'd have to move Nabokov ASAP. And although that thought is probably not too bad an idea for the Sharks, it's really hard to move goalies right now. Especially ones who have a penchant for sucking when it really counts.

I don't know about that. Wherever Harding gets traded this summer, he's not going to walk into a situation as the clear-cut #1 goalie. Those spots are pretty much all taken up (hence, why Biron remains unsigned). Harding can demand to be a starter somewhere all he wants, but the fact is that he's going to have to compete for the job wherever he goes.

Harding to SJ makes just as much sense as Halak.

19Halak to SJ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak to SJ? Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:58 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Remember when we suggested that Murray send an offer sheet to Halak for 1.5 million? I realize that's double of what he cost the Habs, but it was a strong move at the time.

Halak's a great goalie NOW, behind a good goalie.

Hahaha, I remember you, myself and others talking about just that on HB. The logic was perfect in that they'd get to this past July 1 with a dozen or more free agents, and if they'd retained Halak, they would have less to spend. It was very devious I remember. It was all about pitchforking Gainey. cool)

20Halak to SJ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak to SJ? Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:35 am

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Man, at this point who wouldn't want Halak?

The guy has done everything that is normally asked of a starter and then some.

In my opinion, any team that scoops him up, is getting a steal of a deal and a solid starting goalie.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

21Halak to SJ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak to SJ? Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mark, any news on that rumored second part of your prospects blog?

22Halak to SJ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak to SJ? Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:27 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I'm not sure that all of this makes too much sense.

Can the Sharks afford to give up Marleau without getting any suitable replacement offence? We're talking about a 35 goal/70-80 pt guy that you're giving up for a goalie....

Also, he's too big to play for Montreal...
Laughing3

23Halak to SJ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak to SJ? Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:35 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:http://twitter.com/eklund

Nevermind it's Eklund's twitter, this is from Strickland, a guy who doesn't go for rumours, but instead knows what's what.

Interesting.

I don't know why SJ would want Halak...unless Nabokov is moving.

This is semi-serious. Some Dung could be going down to free space for Heatley.

SJ doesn't even have a backup, as far as I can see. Besides, Halak would be a good starter. This would be an excellent acquisition for San Jose.

I think it's awfully dumb of Montreal to put all their faith in Price just yet. But that's fine with me.

Burning Car

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum