GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future?

+6
wprager
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Mojo
PTFlea
Tuk Tuk
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future?

Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future? Vote_lcap256%Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future? Vote_rcap2 56% [ 10 ]
Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future? Vote_lcap217%Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future? Vote_rcap2 17% [ 3 ]
Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future? Vote_lcap20%Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future? Vote_lcap26%Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future? Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future? Vote_lcap20%Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future? Vote_lcap26%Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future? Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future? Vote_lcap217%Which Young Goalie Has the Brightest Future? Vote_rcap2 17% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Which of the rookie or sophomore players will end up being the best goalie of the group?

My choice is Pekka Rinne. The combination of size, skill, and drive makes him one of the best goalies already. If it wasnt for the lackluster team infront of him, he would have been a Calder candidate.

Steve Mason will be the next best in my opinion, for reasons that have been discussed endlessly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mason with Renne right behind him is my vote.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I hope Lehner can use his size similar to the way Rinne does

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I went with Mason. He has already had a taste of success and his is also on a young team with lots of up and comers.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I fully expect Mason to win this poll, by a large margin too.

But as someone who watched Mason for years in the OHL, he's too easy to shake and get off his game.

Fans simply needed to chant his name, and he was off. A quite terrible Greyhounds could get Mason pulled. He just doesnt have the mental makeup an NHL goalie needs.

While he's a hugely talented goalie, very possibly the most talented on this list, hockey isn't just about talent and skill. Alot of what is needed to succeed, Mason simply doesn't have.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Montreal can ever use Price to land that Superstar forward they've been craving for YEARS, they'd be wise to do so... Burning Car

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I say Varlamov. He was outstanding in the playoffs at such a young age with so little NHL experience.

Might be the next Tretiak (or awfully close to it).

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:I say Varlamov. He was outstanding in the playoffs at such a young age with so little NHL experience.

Especially behind such a terrible defense.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:I say Varlamov. He was outstanding in the playoffs at such a young age with so little NHL experience.

Whoa! Easy, there. Tretiak was something else. I loved what Varlamov did, but you've got to do what Patrick did to be considered to be on the same level as Tretiak.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

There both Russian, what more do you need Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tuk Tuk Goose wrote:There both Russian, what more do you need Sarcasm

Heh, I'm Russian too. I can tell oyu first hand it takes a little more than that. cool)

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mason for sure for me. Rinne and Varlamov should also have bright futures... but only time will tell.

We'll see this season if Price can get back to where he should be.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Don't mean to be a stickler, but Hiller is only young in terms of experience. He's actually 27 years old.

In terms of who have the brightest futures, I have the exact same opinion as Shabbs... It's weak, and it's a cop out. Tough beans.

One of these days, Shabbs, one of these days.... 🇬🇬

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bass Destruction wrote:In terms of who have the brightest futures, I have the exact same opinion as Shabbs... It's weak, and it's a cop out. Tough beans.

One of these days, Shabbs, one of these days.... 🇬🇬
HA HA!

NEVER!

The cheese stands alone...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I picked Rinne. That Pekka has moves!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next