GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens 2009 Draft Review

+6
Hoags
shabbs
rooneypoo
wprager
M_Christopher
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Sens 2009 Draft Review - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens 2009 Draft Review Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:16 pm

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:I think Burke's move

-- are you ready for this --

Burke-fired on him.

:KKK:

17Sens 2009 Draft Review - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens 2009 Draft Review Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:38 pm

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:I think Burke's move

-- are you ready for this --

Burke-fired on him.

Facepalm

Put it in the Burke-tionary

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

18Sens 2009 Draft Review - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens 2009 Draft Review Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:33 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

When Tim Murray himself says Brian M fooled Burke, I don't know what those journalists (starting from the Name dropper) still think we wanted Kadri.

19Sens 2009 Draft Review - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens 2009 Draft Review Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:33 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:When Tim Murray himself says Brian M fooled Burke, I don't know what those journalists (starting from the Name dropper) still think we wanted Kadri.

What I hate is that TSN and so on made it look like an act of Geniosity or Magnanimity for Burke to come out and reveal his cards to BM before he (BM) said a word about who he wanted to pick.

I was literally jumping around the cottage spilling beer everywhere. TOR picking Kadri meant we were guaranteed one of Cowen or MPS. I have a hard time believing BM was thinking anything different during the course of that short conversation.

20Sens 2009 Draft Review - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens 2009 Draft Review Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:36 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
marakh wrote:When Tim Murray himself says Brian M fooled Burke, I don't know what those journalists (starting from the Name dropper) still think we wanted Kadri.

What I hate is that TSN and so on made it look like an act of Geniosity or Magnanimity for Burke to come out and reveal his cards to BM before he (BM) said a word about who he wanted to pick.

I was literally jumping around the cottage spilling beer everywhere. TOR picking Kadri meant we were guaranteed one of Cowen or MPS. I have a hard time believing BM was thinking anything different during the course of that short conversation.
What do you think BM was going to offer to flip for?

21Sens 2009 Draft Review - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens 2009 Draft Review Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:43 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I'd have to think Cowen, especially since we took him over MPS. Cowen was almost universally projected to go in the top 7, no later than TOR. With Schenn, they didn't really need a Cowen like we do, either, so a flip might have seemed feasible.

In any event, BB could have learned this for sure, for himself, if he had just shut his pie hole for one second and let BM say his thing. But he didn't; he revealed his team's strategy first without learning what BM was planning to do. If BB "scooped up" our man in Kadri, he did it unconsciously, blindly, and in spite of BM's attempted overture.

22Sens 2009 Draft Review - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens 2009 Draft Review Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:47 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Looks like this writer's drinking the Burke cool aid, too. BM was targeting Kadri? Since when? Has he got BM on file saying that one?

Like many here, I watched the draft live. And like many here, I saw the exchange between Burke and BM, and was paying particular attention. That was not a look of disappointment ('ah, you're getting my guy') but of mild shock ('you're passing over Cowen and MPS?').

I was jumping around when TOR picked Kadri because I knew it meant one of Cowen or MPS. Think BM was feeling the same thing the moment before, during his interview with The Great Burke?

Gentlemen: Burkexaggeration, Exhibit A.

:^^^^: I was wondering when someone was going to mention that. I was thinking the exact same thing reading the article. Everyone saw that exchange, everyone saw Murray hesitate, then walk away abruptly. I think he was in shock that if Toronto stood by what they were saying, he was guaranteed one of MPS or Cowen.

I was literally jumping around as well when TO took Kadri. Sensgirl11 can attest to that.

I wish Bryan Murray was miked for the event, then we might have heard him mumble *stupid fukker* right after that exchange with Burke:laugh:

23Sens 2009 Draft Review - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens 2009 Draft Review Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:54 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I'd have to think Cowen, especially since we took him over MPS. Cowen was almost universally projected to go in the top 7, no later than TOR. With Schenn, they didn't really need a Cowen like we do, either, so a flip might have seemed feasible.

In any event, BB could have learned this for sure, for himself, if he had just shut his pie hole for one second and let BM say his thing. But he didn't; he revealed his team's strategy first without learning what BM was planning to do. If BB "scooped up" our man in Kadri, he did it unconsciously, blindly, and in spite of BM's attempted overture.
I wonder if BB cut him off on purpose because he was mic'd up. He knew the exchange would be replayed and wanted to look like the aggressor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum