GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fenway to host Outdoor Classic on New Year's Day 2010

+2
caissie_1
shabbs
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, the worst kept secret was revealed today...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=284749

Fenway Park in Boston will be the scene of yet another Outdoor Classic that sees the Boston Bruins host the Philadelphia Flyers.

I'd like to see another Heritage Classic up in Canada with Canadian teams playing.

Last edited by shabbs on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Yeh we knew for a while now... Will be a physical affair for sure.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What of the rumours of a game in the Big-O in Montreal with the Habs and Caps? Anyone have anything on that?

shabbs wrote:So, the worst kept secret was revealed today...

Fenway Park in Boston will be the scene of yet another Outdoor Classic that sees the Boston Bruins host the Philadelphia Flyers.

I'd like to see another Heritage Classic up in Canada with Canadian teams playing.

So would alot of Canadians I think. However, I don't know how big of a draw it would be in the US. Bettman is so worried about pandering to the US TV Networks that he may not want to do an all Canadian matchup. The novelty of this whole thing is tarnished if they do it every year imo. The only thing that keeps it fresh is the venues.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Why doesn't the NHL partner up with the Olympics and hold an outdoor event at the main complex in Vancouver?

That Dung would be smart, that's why.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zoolander wrote:

So would alot of Canadians I think. However, I don't know how big of a draw it would be in the US. Bettman is so worried about pandering to the US TV Networks that he may not want to do an all Canadian matchup. The novelty of this whole thing is tarnished if they do it every year imo. The only thing that keeps it fresh is the venues.

They should do it on the Rideau Canal. Non-regulation sized rink, of course, to accommodate more spectators. Those 11-km breakaways would be something to behold. They could cut away to a TV commercial without taking a TV timeout. You'd probably need a line-change on that breakway.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
Zoolander wrote:

They should do it on the Rideau Canal. Non-regulation sized rink, of course, to accommodate more spectators. Those 11-km breakaways would be something to behold. They could cut away to a TV commercial without taking a TV timeout. You'd probably need a line-change on that breakway.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nets at each end of the canal... wicked.

The Rideau Canal would make for a nice setting though. Some good old pond hockey.

I'd prefer that over what they've been doing in the US. I liked the original Heritage Classic in Edmonton the best with the night lights and all. Much more memorable if you ask me.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:Why doesn't the NHL partner up with the Olympics and hold an outdoor event at the main complex in Vancouver?

That Dung would be smart, that's why.

Because Vancouver is in Canada. We're just a test-market for the U,S and A. Laughing3

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As much as I'd love to see a game on the canal I'm not sure they could accomodate the seating required to make it worth while.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well there you go throwing logic into this. If you were being serious, you must have your sarcasm detectors at the wrong settings.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Well there you go throwing logic into this. If you were being serious, you must have your sarcasm detectors at the wrong settings.

I do realize you were joking but I would still love to see them figure out a way to do it. Wouldn't that be cool?

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Well there you go throwing logic into this. If you were being serious, you must have your sarcasm detectors at the wrong settings.

I do realize you were joking but I would still love to see them figure out a way to do it. Wouldn't that be cool?
I think it would be awesome. More intimate. But yeah, Bettman would never go for it... not enough TV revenue potential...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, Bettman is probably trying to figure out how to stage it in Times Square.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Yeah, Bettman is probably trying to figure out how to stage it in Times Square.
Or in the Grand Canyon!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum