GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATE: Dale Tallon 'fired'--the story behind the story

+6
rooneypoo
davetherave
Flo The Action
PTFlea
dennycrane
PKC
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Well, this *new* GM has Scotty Bowman looking over his shoulder... so I don't think BM will be able to pull a quick one here.

But, you never know.

And thus, a new Bowman era begins in Hawks-land.

True enough Shabbs. Still...Murray's like Iceman in Top Gun. You get bored, do something stupid and he's got you. Smile

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Well, this *new* GM has Scotty Bowman looking over his shoulder... so I don't think BM will be able to pull a quick one here.

But, you never know.

True enough Shabbs. Still...Murray's like Iceman in Top Gun. You get bored, do something stupid and he's got you. Smile

That's hilarious... Laughing3

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:

But, you never know.

Well, if he can distract McDonough and Scotty long enough... he may be able to get him. heh heh.

Is it me or does it sound like there's the same old "autonomy" questions in Chicago as there were in Toronto with JFJ and the MLSE? Sounds like McDonough did not give Tallon full reign. I wonder if it will be different with Stan... or will Stan have both Scotty and McDonough pulling the strings?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Good thing Bowman is apparently a capologist. He's gonna need every skill to get the Hawks compliant for next year.

Well, he was also the capologist under Tallon. The Hawks' main issues are not with the talent assembled, but with the contracts. If this guy didn't have Scotty Bowman pulling strings he would have been let go along with Tallon.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Good thing Bowman is apparently a capologist. He's gonna need every skill to get the Hawks compliant for next year.

Well, he was also the capologist under Tallon. The Hawks' main issues are not with the talent assembled, but with the contracts. If this guy didn't have Scotty Bowman pulling strings he would have been let go along with Tallon.
Who do you mean by "he" in the above?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Scotty's son. He was part of a management team that got them in trouble. The biggest issues are with contracts and the cap situation next year. He was the capologist.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Scotty's son. He was part of a management team that got them in trouble. The biggest issues are with contracts and the cap situation next year. He was the capologist.
You think? I thought the fix was in to get Scotty's son in there a long time ago as he was a "McDonough guy" and Tallon was not.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Holy Dung, they're dead if he was their capologist when Tallon was around. Really, I don't kid.

Dibs on Sharp!!!!!!!!!!!! :excite:

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Holy Dung, they're dead if he was their capologist when Tallon was around. Really, I don't kid.

think we can force Murray into his new president of hockey operations role (if that is what it is) and bring Tallon on as GM? just throwing it out there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

I was listening to Team 990 (Montreal) and that's what they were discussing -- that he was the caplogist, that you'd think he'd be gone as well given that, and that Scotty must have had something to do with it.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Spez>you're always so hot for these Hawks players...Keith, Sharp, Barker, Versteeg...

Maybe you should just become a Blackhawks fan and make life easier for yourself, eh? Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum